The best Indy shirt??

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

IndyRich
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

The best Indy shirt??

Post by IndyRich »

Hi Guy's
I'm looking for a new Indy shirt, who would you say offers the best repoduction? :-k :?

Cheers
Indiana Strones
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Indiana Strones »

Good question. Wear the helmet now... :[
tunic
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by tunic »

For the money and the SA look and feel I would go with Todds shirt. I have NH and Todds . I love then both. Todds shirt is best for the money. Just my 2 cents.
Indiana G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Indiana G »

NH is the definitively and unarguably the best indy shirt out of all the offerings in the known universe.....and possibly in several other parallel universes.

:Plymouth:

in all honesty, best is subjective and based on preference.....whats best for you may not be best for me. :)
McFly
Scoundrel

Post by McFly »

You're going to get a lot of different answers and opinions to this question.

Ultimately, you'll have to choose between which color you like best, your budget, and what kind of fit you want.

The Todd's, Wested, Magnoli, NH, and WPG shirts all have the neccesary pleats and epualettes. The sizing is very different though between them all, and the Magnoli is a custom made shirt - so you give your own measurements.

The Todd's shirt was copied off of a hero shirt (IIRC), but some people don't like the length of the shirt, or the color. Personally, I have a Todd's and a Magnoli and I much prefer the Todd's shirt. But you'll have to see them and decide for yourself. You'll also have to look at the prices.
Indiana G wrote:NH is the definitively and unarguably the best indy shirt out of all the offerings in the known universe.....and possibly in several other parallel universes.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And then there's that evidence!

Shane
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by BendingOak »

Indiana G wrote:NH is the definitively and unarguably the best indy shirt out of all the offerings in the known universe.....and possibly in several other parallel universes.

in all honesty, best is subjective and based on preference.....whats best for you may not be best for me. :)

it's to bad that you are correct. That everyone has a different meaning to the word best, When there should only be one.

IndyRich, it would be better if you define you question. This way you wouldget better help from the folks in the know.
IndyRich
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by IndyRich »

Thanks for all the replys
i'm looking for something that looks Screen acurate from LC. I have got the shirt that wested sell but i feel that it is a bit too light
Neolithic
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Neolithic »

IndyRich wrote:Thanks for all the replys
i'm looking for something that looks Screen acurate from LC. I have got the shirt that wested sell but i feel that it is a bit too light
IndyRich, I'd wait on a bit before you make the next purchase.
I think Wested will be continuing the NH offerings- wait and see how that turns out. My own opinion is that NH offered the most accurate shirt- I'll be aiming to get another one in a year or two if Wested hit the mark- plus if you're in Shropshire, you'd be saving a bit on shipping!
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

IndyRich wrote:Thanks for all the replys
That's an interesting take, the NH shirts were lighter and softer than the Wested. The NH colour is warmer and a little 'pinker'.
conceited_ape
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by conceited_ape »

The NH shirt has always had my vote. ;-)
IndyRich
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by IndyRich »

Ok i'm toying between 2 options, Todd's or AB :-k

Which would you say were the better of the two in trems of quality, durability, screen acuracy and price?
IndianaChris711
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by IndianaChris711 »

I would say if your in between Todd's and AB, I would go with AB IMO. Actually I need to e-mail Marc and ask him what is going on with my shirt I ordered earlier this year. He has had quite a few problems in the 2nd batch of shirts. Anyway, it is ultimately your choice, Todd's is another good option, Todd's is going to be cheaper, but I cannot really comment on quality durability, and SAness. I think the AB has all three except for the price. AB shirt is likely $80-90 now with the dollar. I am not sure what the exact exhange is on the euro now. I have one AB shirt and I am very happy with it, it even wrinkles in the wash, to give it that raiders wrinkle look to it. Anyway, maybe someone can offer their opinion on Todd's as I don't have one of his shirts. Hope that helps a little. ;-)

IndianaChris
Indiana G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Indiana G »

IndyRich wrote:Ok i'm toying between 2 options, Todd's or AB :-k

Which would you say were the better of the two in trems of quality, durability, screen acuracy and price?
todd's is better for the price....an excellent shirt for what you pay and the best in its price range imo. i have the 'greenish' shirt so i'm not too ga ga about that.....the large is also smaller than the NH large.

AB, imo, is only bested by NH shirt.

cheers,

G
Soup
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Soup »

I have a Todd's shirt and really like the material and fit, plus the pricing is good too. However it is a fitted shirt and may not be for everyone. The good news about this group is the number of different choices to get what works best for you. NH, WPG, and AB shirts are at the top of manys list, and Magnoli can fit anyone.

The Todd's is very SA, and from what I understand as McFly has stated, was produced from an actual screen used shirt of Harrison Ford, the large size being the same exact cut as what he wore.

Good luck in your choice,

Regards,

Soup
Indiana MarkVII
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Currency Exchange rates

Post by Indiana MarkVII »

I have been using this online currency converter to calculate exchange rates. It stays current throughout the day and can be used by just about anyone in the world. This will help you figure the costs when you pay in Euros or any other currency.
http://www.xe.com/
Raider S
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Raider S »

I now have a Wested and it's not bad at all but, to me, the WPG looks more the part. I also find it to be more fitted but it is one size smaller than the Wested, however. The Wested is a nice looking shirt but people will probably be less than thrilled with the color.

If thinking of a WPG, go down a size and you might find yourself very pleased.
Jens
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by Jens »

I've said it some time ago (and, to be honest, several times too), but I'm really impressed by the durability and the "look" of the AB shirt. Somewhere around here must be a thread with a review by me including several pictures as well.

But as stated above - "the best" just depends on one thing: what you yourself think is best for you. ;-)
IndyRich
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by IndyRich »

Jens wrote:I've said it some time ago (and, to be honest, several times too), but I'm really impressed by the durability and the "look" of the AB shirt. Somewhere around here must be a thread with a review by me including several pictures as well.

But as stated above - "the best" just depends on one thing: what you yourself think is best for you. ;-)
I caught your earlier thread Jeans, realy liking the shirt. :)

I am waiting on a reply from Mr Nolan, who has an AB shirt for sale.
PLATON
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by PLATON »

The best I don't know.
The most SA is NH.
Texan Scott
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Location: A felt body at rest tends to stay at rest. Sieze the day!

Post by Texan Scott »

Here are a couple of links for the shirt:

http://indygear.com/cow/viewtopic.php?t ... ison+shirt

http://indygear.com/cow/viewtopic.php?t ... ison+shirt

http://indygear.com/cow/viewtopic.php?t=33842&start=0

In mho, the first link could possibly be a sticky. The new NH, no doubt SA, a darker taupe color, but the SA shirt in Raiders, Sallah's terrace scene was distressed, washed repeatedly, etc., to give it that well worn, broken in, lighter color and appearance.
Texan Scott
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Texan Scott »

Also, the only difference between the Raiders shirt and LC were the buttons, as the buttons were a dark brown on the LC shirt, right?
IndyFalco
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by IndyFalco »

NH shirts are wonderful. If you ever have the opportunity to get one in your size, get. But they are harder to find.

Todd's shirt are great for anyone looking for a well made Indy shirt. It's got all the details you need in it. The price is also very fair.
Texan Scott
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Texan Scott »

Just received a NH today, and it is a very nice shirt. I took Peter's advice and ordered one size up, which is recommended. It is not stiff like other poplin shirts I've received.
Indiana G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Indiana G »

does todd have XL shirts in stock....in the non-green, non-yellow, more khaki colour?
Indiana Kev
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indiana Kev »

I've had a Wested, a Todd's and a Magnoli. The only one I kept was the Magnoli, I felt its quality, color and fit was far superior to the other two. Just my opinion though.
MacGyver
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

go for Dometakis

Post by MacGyver »

I've had every single type and vendor of Indy shirt over the years, and still nothing comes close to the original Dometakis shirts in sea-island cotton.Of course, most people aren't willing to wait 3 years and spend >$300 on a shirt, but hey...

Now I must say, Todd's are the best thing going as far as compared to the Dometakis,of which I have a few, and looks like he certainly did have one in his possession when he patterned his shirts...if only he would source some real sea-island cotton to make them with... but I must say, you can spot a Dometakis a mile away...superb stitching, tailoring, fit. Amazing, and patience pays off!

Mac
Texan Scott
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Texan Scott »

I think that once you happen across that just right piece of gear, something resonates within you, sort of like Indy said in the map room, "That's it!" I've had another name brand shirt, but to compare it with the NH, it was simply a reasonable likeness. In collecting this gear, there have only been two times that I can say that the one I received actually nailed it. That is, what I held in my hands lined up with what I saw on film. One was the jacket and the other was the shirt, though to some extent the headpiece held its own. What convinced me? The type of material, color, buttons, size of the pockets, etc. You just instinctively know that it is the one.
Baldwyn
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Baldwyn »

Texan Scott wrote:I think that once you happen across that just right piece of gear, something resonates within you, sort of like Indy said in the map room, "That's it!" I've had another name brand shirt, but to compare it with the NH, it was simply a reasonable likeness. In collecting this gear, there have only been two times that I can say that the one I received actually nailed it. That is, what I held in my hands lined up with what I saw on film. One was the jacket and the other was the shirt, though to some extent the headpiece held its own. What convinced me? The type of material, color, buttons, size of the pockets, etc. You just instinctively know that it is the one.
Yeah, you're right there! I've really only had that happen so strongly with a NH shirt. When I got my first MBA shirt, it was it. When I got my first Wested, I was confused :) I've tried a couple of other vendor shirts, and get that confused feeling when I do. I find despite the lack of pleats, the ol' LL Bean shirt to resonate like a NH shirt tho. A Dometakis shirt? That must be other-worldly.
Satipo
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Re: go for Dometakis

Post by Satipo »

MacGyver wrote:I've had every single type and vendor of Indy shirt over the years, and still nothing comes close to the original Dometakis shirts in sea-island cotton.
MacGyver, any pics of the Dometakis? Would love to see.