Zohar: Man or Myth?

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

Kentucky Blues
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Zohar: Man or Myth?

Post by Kentucky Blues »

I honestly don't know if he's man or myth, but he is one awesome dude! I get home today, and Mom tell's me I got a package. I wasn't expecting anything, except a catalog, but I didn't think Cabela's would package it in a cardboard box. Anyway, as I was walking to get the package, she said it was from Nathan Flowers (Zohar). I couldn't think of what Nathan would be sending me, so I opened it with curiosity, and saw some kahki looking thing (result of the lighting), and immediately thought it was pants or a shirt or something. Didn't see why he'd be sending me pants. Well, I pulled it out, and saw that it was a Mkvii bag. "It's a Mark 7 bag", I said. I looked inside and saw that there was a strap, and a piece of paper. According to the paper, he had 3, decided to send me one, and inculded a WPG strap and spare ToD vial. Then I got on the computer and got an IM from Cooler King, asking me if I got a package. Apparently he knew. He told me everyone knows. Well, don't ever be mean to Zohar, or else! Now I want to know something. How many of you all knew about this?!

Regards, Daryl.

PS: Now for the next big question . . . How did Zohar get a WPG strap by itself?
Cooler King
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Cooler King »

Congrats on your new bag, and enjoy it! :D

Zohar's one nice guy, ROCK ON! :)

Now comes the obvious responce... PICS! 8)
Dr._J
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Dr._J »

"How many of you all knew about this?!"

We've been planning this for months. Just kidding. I had no idea. That's an awesome gift, though! The best part of this hobby is the sharing between friends. I remember all the kindness I've received in the past two years from these fine folks. Most recently, Jess gave me a NH shirt, Rundquist bashed my new Optimo and MK gave me a fine Keppler lid. In addition, I can't count all the times I've received excellent advice from various COW Members. This is a family of folks with similar interests and I'm proud to be a member. Enjoy your bag Dakota! Zohar, that's a cool thing that you did. Salud.

Regards,

Dr. J
whipwarrior

Post by whipwarrior »

Neat-o! I love it when Indy fans go out of their way to do something nice. Last year, for example, I bought an M.B.A. Raiders shirt, and had it shipped to my friend Jaimee as a surprise gift while she was on vacation. She wrote me an e-mail of surprise (and effusive thanks) the very night she got home (after a six-hour flight). It made me feel good about myself and my favorite hobby. That's part of what makes friendships last. Just in case anybody doesn't know this, the secret of happiness is Indygear. :D
Renderking Fisk
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Renderking Fisk »

Ha ha... the jokes on you. I've know about this all day!

He's a great guy... one of the best.
zohar
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by zohar »

I'm glad that you could use it. As I said, I can't use more than 2 bags.

I hope you have many adventures with it!
Koreana Jones
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Koreana Jones »

Geez! How many Indiana Hand Me Downs do we have here?! Count me in! :wink:
Brendan
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Brendan »

Dr._J wrote:
We've been planning this for months.
Now <I>that</I> is funny!

Anyway, that's really cool. Enjoy the bag.
Paulcrastination
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Paulcrastination »

I've got one. I was asking IndianaJames about sending me pictures of his W&G bag, mainly the stamp, and he said he'd catch me on AIM later that night. After being gracious enough to send me more than a few pictures, and after his computer crashed a few times... I mentioned I might have had a cure to offer for his cpu. Off go an envelope of cds, and a few weeks later... an unissued W&G Mk6 in my hands.

Its a fantastic bag, made from a few different fabric textures and colors, but its that just right shade of green. One of these days I'll get some pictures on here. Its the bag I carry now, those back two flaps being on the outside are great. I reccomend the Mk6 for day to day use, I think its way more functional.

Thanks again IndianaJames!
Williamson
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

This is what the hobby is all about..............

Post by Williamson »

Just wanted to say that it is acts of kindess like this as well as some others we have seen this week here at COW that makes this hobby and the "Indy Community" as a whole such a great place. My wife and I recently had the opportunity to meet Zohar and his wife during a visit to Columbia and I have to say he is really a great guy. It was pleasure to finally meet face to face with a COW member and not only talk about gear, which we both enjoyed doing but the simple pleasure of finding out a little about each another. I can only imagine what the summit must have been like! Helping others enjoy their own adventure in collecting and promoting good will is what makes this hobby such a great one. Regards to all. Williamson.