Any pix of HF wearing Indy style jacket in public?

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

TheMechanic
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by TheMechanic »

Ford filmed "What Lies Beneath" right here in my town and only a few months later I had a 3 day film workshop with the head of our state Film Commission.
The film commissioner was responsible for getting the film company here to shoot their movie and she was on-set almost everyday with Ford. She said he was quite the diva.
The production company & set designer outfitted a whole house here in town with one of a kind antique furniture, carpets, lamps, etc. to be used as Ford's characters house. An exact duplicate of the house including all the rare antique furnishings had to be exactly replicated in L.A. for later filming. Most of the furniture had to be hand made, no small feat and it took months to accomplish.
Well, Ford walks onto the set here in Vermont, looks around and says "My character wouldn't decorate his house like this. I want it all changed."
They had to junk all the stuff here in VT and all the replica stuff in L.A. and start all over again.
The entire shoot here in Vermont was almost scrapped because of his last second demands.
Ford also has days of the week he refuses to work. Part of his contract stipulation was that he only work something like Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday so he could fly back to Wyoming to be with his family for the rest of the week.
That caused a ton of problems on the shoot since Michelle Pfieffer had it in her contract that she had to have several days off a week to fly to New York to be with her family meaning her and Ford only got 1 day a week to shoot together.
No wonder movies cost $100 million dollars to make.
crismans
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by crismans »

Of course, I want Ford to be a likable everyman that you could hang out with. The Ford of my mind would rather work with some carpentry buddies and shoot the bull than Hollywood types.

If he's not that way, then (even though it's hard for me sometimes) you have to keep the character and actor separated. You know Indy Jones would be fun to hang out with... ;-)
RCSignals
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by RCSignals »

You could also say that indicated he's serious about his roles, and understands his characters.
You could also say he sets his family as a priority in his life, and is in a position to ensure they are
Indiana Whit
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Indiana Whit »

He comes off as a grumpy guy in interviews... but then he was never one to be joking around and grinning from what I've seen (with the exception of a certain jimmy kimmel video and some Conan O'Brien bits)...
IndyBlues
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by IndyBlues »

RCSignals wrote:You could also say that indicated he's serious about his roles, and understands his characters.
You could also say he sets his family as a priority in his life, and is in a position to ensure they are
Word.
'Blues
crismans
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by crismans »

RCSignals wrote:You could also say that indicated he's serious about his roles, and understands his characters.

Valid poiints. I, of course, wasn't saying Ford is a jerk. I'm saying that, even if he is, it doesn't lessen my enjoyment of his work.

It's the age old debate of separating the artist from his work.
Indiana Whit
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Indiana Whit »

Good thing he doesn't take after dear old dad...Sean Connery was interviewed and stated that he doesn't think ill of smacking a woman around once in a while...

ok ok so 'dad' in the films hopefully didn't do that. :lol:
RCSignals
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by RCSignals »

crismans wrote:

Valid poiints. I, of course, wasn't saying Ford is a jerk. I'm saying that, even if he is, it doesn't lessen my enjoyment of his work.

It's the age old debate of separating the artist from his work.
Yes I know you weren't suggesting that. I was responding to what TheMechanic related
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by 191145 »

The A2 Flight Jacket appears to me to be horsehide. Very possible a USW. Maybe somebody else is making those but I don't know who.

ETA: After looking again it's obvious it is not a standard A2, but it still looks like horsehide. Nice jacket.
Image[/img]
Last edited by 191145 on Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rundquist
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Rundquist »

Indiana G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Indiana G »

that doesn't look like an expo. i believe i see a cuff on the sleeve and the fit doesn't look right.

i don't see any grain either :P :lol:
Louisiana Jones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Louisiana Jones »

TheMechanic wrote:Ford filmed "What Lies Beneath" right here in my town and only a few months later I had a 3 day film workshop with the head of our state Film Commission.
The film commissioner was responsible for getting the film company here to shoot their movie and she was on-set almost everyday with Ford. She said he was quite the diva.
The production company & set designer outfitted a whole house here in town with one of a kind antique furniture, carpets, lamps, etc. to be used as Ford's characters house. An exact duplicate of the house including all the rare antique furnishings had to be exactly replicated in L.A. for later filming. Most of the furniture had to be hand made, no small feat and it took months to accomplish.
Well, Ford walks onto the set here in Vermont, looks around and says "My character wouldn't decorate his house like this. I want it all changed."
They had to junk all the stuff here in VT and all the replica stuff in L.A. and start all over again.
The entire shoot here in Vermont was almost scrapped because of his last second demands.
Ford also has days of the week he refuses to work. Part of his contract stipulation was that he only work something like Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday so he could fly back to Wyoming to be with his family for the rest of the week.
That caused a ton of problems on the shoot since Michelle Pfieffer had it in her contract that she had to have several days off a week to fly to New York to be with her family meaning her and Ford only got 1 day a week to shoot together.
No wonder movies cost $100 million dollars to make.

When it comes to Hollywood.. I believe it.

As for my experiences with Ford on Indy 4... I never saw him diva it up on set at all, and anytime we chatted whether on set or in the hotel he was super nice. But to my disappointment, many stuntmen who've worked with him before say he is a hhuuuuuuugggeeee pothead. Always smoking up. I for one have never touched the stuff so I didn't like hearing that, but anytime I see him in interviews he is always so calm and serene and almost distant.

LJ
Louisiana Jones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Louisiana Jones »

Oh.. and did anyone see Ford's Conan O'Brien spot back when "K-19" was coming out? He appeared to be drunk or stoned and was completely bashing his own movie.. it was a really hilarious tv moment.

LJ
whipitgood
Museum Curator
Museum Curator
Location: Los Angeles "A handsome devil in the city of angels."

Post by whipitgood »

Louisiana Jones wrote: But to my disappointment, many stuntmen who've worked with him before say he is a hhuuuuuuugggeeee pothead. Always smoking up.
LJ
I've heard the same from friends of mine who worked with him. At least it's not crack :lol:
Dre
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Dre »

So again, no info on spielberg's jacket? He wears it in his interviews in the special features for indy 4.

Perhaps I should start a new topic for it?
CM
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by CM »

I'd love to know about the Spielberg Wested. Looks like an LC model - as in, make one for me too, Peter...

As for HF and pot. I've heard that for years. If true, can you blame him? Some of the films he's made in recent years are best understood through a stoney haze.

PS: I hate the stuff myself... if I can't get it in a bottle, I don't want it.

:mrgreen:
knibs7
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by knibs7 »

Harrison looks very LC Indy there with the glasses and all ;-)

NIBS
Rundquist
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Rundquist »

knibs7 wrote:Harrison looks very LC Indy there with the glasses and all ;-)

NIBS

Yeah, it's an Indiana Jones-esque jacket is all. I don’t see a storm flap.
Indiana G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Indiana G »

Rundquist wrote:
knibs7 wrote:Harrison looks very LC Indy there with the glasses and all ;-)

NIBS

Yeah, it's an Indiana Jones-esque jacket is all. I don’t see a storm flap.
your right.....not very SA at all......i guess it could be an expo then!

:Plymouth: :P :lol:
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

BURN him....BURN him...

Regards! Michaelson
Kokopelli
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Kokopelli »

sebas wrote:Here's one of Spielberg wearing a bona fide Indy jacket!!

S.S. is wearing a Fan Club mail order/Disney Cooper jacket. I had the copy of the Lucasfilm Fan Club magazine with this picture in it, and it had a caption that told about him wearing the fan club jacket on the set of LC.
CM
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by CM »

:shock:
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

yeah I thought the same.

that cant be it.I am very sure that this jacket Steve is wearing is one from the production.

very doubtfull in my opinion
Indiana G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Indiana G »

i don't buy it. looks like the castle escape jacket to me....or at the very least, an LC production jacket for SS himself.....let's ask peter???
Yojimbo Jones
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Yojimbo Jones »

Isn't that a very-much-Last-Crusade stormflap snap on the bottom there? Maybe the fan club was pushing their jackets with a bit of a product placement story?
Indiana G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Indiana G »

here's the question that should end this question:

did the fan club jacket come with authentic LC distressing?
Clutters
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Clutters »

whipitgood wrote:
Louisiana Jones wrote: But to my disappointment, many stuntmen who've worked with him before say he is a hhuuuuuuugggeeee pothead. Always smoking up.
LJ
I've heard the same from friends of mine who worked with him. At least it's not crack :lol:
I heard the same thing from a friend in the movie industry down here. But also that he was a fairly nice guy - kept to himself, regular bloke.
Arca Perdida
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Arca Perdida »

Louisiana Jones wrote:anytime I see him in interviews he is always so calm and serene and almost distant.
I know. God forbid he smoke that stuff and act that way. Why can't he go with the mainstream vices? Alcohol has never killed anyone...
Dutch_jones
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Dutch_jones »

Kokopelli wrote:
sebas wrote:Here's one of Spielberg wearing a bona fide Indy jacket!!

S.S. is wearing a Fan Club mail order/Disney Cooper jacket. I had the copy of the Lucasfilm Fan Club magazine with this picture in it, and it had a caption that told about him wearing the fan club jacket on the set of LC.
NoPE that is a production jacket.... just like the other guys are saying 8)
you can tell by the details. That story in the magazine is to sell a jacket, just like ford wearing a dorfman thats exactly like the hats he wore in the movie :[ :mrgreen:
CM
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by CM »

Arca Perdida wrote:
Louisiana Jones wrote:anytime I see him in interviews he is always so calm and serene and almost distant.
I know. God forbid he smoke that stuff and act that way. Why can't he go with the mainstream vices? Alcohol has never killed anyone...
I know, that's why I drink so much of it.
conceited_ape
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by conceited_ape »

Arca Perdida wrote:
Tell me you're kidding! #-o I mean I sense sarcasm (if so, kudos) but I don't know you and thus need confirmation. :P

So what if Ford's a recreational user? He has a stable career and a working marriage and is obviously in complete control of his alleged 'hobby'. Of course heavy use can be harmful, about as harmful as heavy drinking. Most people who shoot their mouth's off about marijuana are holier-than-thou conservatives who've never even tried the stuff anyway. Personally, I DON'T smoke it (went through that phase in high school and have long since grown out of it), BUT I know at least a handful of responsible recreational users who live very successful and non-destructive lives.

But even this is beside the point, really. If pot was nice and TAXABLE then hardly anyone would bat an eyelid. :roll:

Sorry for the rant. Dont mean to sound so abrasive. When I feel that people are unfairly judged on a reactionary level, it kinda grates my cheese. This is in NO way a personal dig at you, Arca Perdida. Just after reading back through this whole thread I found statements that I passionately disagreed with and had to drop in my 2 cents. ;-)
Yojimbo Jones
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Yojimbo Jones »

Yeah, I took it as sarcasm. Either way it was funny...
Arca Perdida
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Arca Perdida »

Yes, I was being sarcastic. I find it disturbing that some legal vices that have been known to cause much more harm to those who use it and those who don't than pot are tolerated. I personally have never used it, but I'm more concerned about drunks behind the wheel than a calm, distant dude with a craving for Funnyons.
michaelb
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by michaelb »

I'm enjoying some myself right now. :mrgreen:

MB (cough)
conceited_ape
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by conceited_ape »

Arca Perdida wrote:Yes, I was being sarcastic. I find it disturbing that some legal vices that have been known to cause much more harm to those who use it and those who don't than pot are tolerated. I personally have never used it, but I'm more concerned about drunks behind the wheel than a calm, distant dude with a craving for Funnyons.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :rolling: :rolling:
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

c'mon guys..get back to topic.this has nothing to do with Harrison wearing a Indy jacket in public...

lets stay there!
Last edited by Holt on Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
michaelb
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by michaelb »

Agreed.