My new Enfield MkI (Blank Firing)

Need help finding an Indy Gun, want to discuss film used guns...

Moderator: Cajunkraut

Fedora_Smith
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

My new Enfield MkI (Blank Firing)

Post by Fedora_Smith »

I received my new blank firing gun a few days ago. It's an Enfield No2 MkI Replica!... Well itsn't a Webley but was it's successor! An interesting point of the kit is that comes completely disassembled in the box, and all parts, including the firing mechanism are replied from the original :D. Marushin makes them in a very limited quantity every year; the revolver detail is amazing! All pieces, like the sight point are moveable.
Take a look:

Saludos! :D
whipmeister
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by whipmeister »

:D

Where did you get the blank-firing Enfield? Does it open like a real Enfield/Webley?

Thanks,
Whipmeister
agent5
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by agent5 »

Here ya go Whipmeister.
An interesting point of the kit is that comes completely disassembled in the box, and all parts, including the firing mechanism are replied from the original
Here's my Marushin. Also a blowback. A real pain to put together with instructions in Japanese. It was a 4 hour ordeal, but well worth it. Never fired it yet though. I haven't ordered a box of extra shell casings. They're expensive and need cleening after every ejection. A pain again, but still cool enough.
whipmeister
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by whipmeister »

:oops:

Thanks, Agent5, I should have read more closely!...

Did you buy yours from an American company, or was it imported from a company through the Internet?

Thanks again!

Whipmeister
Fedora_Smith
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Fedora_Smith »

Yes! It opens and the shell extractor moves up to take out them. I purchased it tru Ebay to a Japanese seller who runs a hobby shop. I asked him about a possible Marushin's Webley MkVI, he said that marushin never made a Webley replica :( .

That SchmeiserMP40 looks great Agent5!!! Whoa! :shock: You should attach a leather strap to it!

Regards!
auntsugar
Dig Leader
Dig Leader
Location: Back at the workbench....tinkering--always tinkering.

Post by auntsugar »

Glad you saw that gun on EBay, I should have bought it before I told you about it...... Ha
I was not sure about it at first, but I like the pics you have
Cooler King
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Cooler King »

Smith,

How much did that thing cost, awesome gun! Do you have the seller's email? I'd like to contact him and see if I could get one. If you would, please PM it to me, I'd appreciate that. :)

Also, have you fired it at all? Any comments on the performance? :D
Fedora_Smith
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Fedora_Smith »

PM sent Cooler King!
Trebor
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Trebor »

Could you PM me with info on the seller of the MP-40? Was it a one-time thing or does the seller sell these on a regular basis? Info on price would be nice also.

Thanks

Rob
Shtick
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Shtick »

I too saw that handgun on eBay, but passed on it due to the price. Which, ironically, is the lowest I've seen it go for. I did find one place that sells it for $140. Unfortunately, I'm not in the position now to be buying guns. Too pricey.

How much does the Enfield weigh? Is it all plastic, or are there metal parts? How do the brass shells work? Do you put caps inside them?
Fedora_Smith
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Fedora_Smith »

How much does the Enfield weigh? Is it all plastic, or are there metal parts? How do the brass shells work? Do you put caps inside them?
It weights near 2pounds loaded, although it's made plastic, there are several metal parts (all parts which could suffer "hard" use are made in metal, like the fire mechanism, shell extractor, springs...) As for the brass shells, you can uncoil the tip to load them with the caps. I will post pictures :D
Shtick
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Shtick »

Very cool. I wonder if the seller has any more. I would love to save up for this. (I am still uneasy owning actual firearms, plus California ***** for gun ownership.)