How Awesome IS Lauren? (Wickline Content)

From falls & poppers to plaiting & cracking technique, this section is dedicated in memory of Sergei, IndyGear Staff Member and Whip Guru. Always remember to keep "Celebratin' Life!"

Moderator: BullWhipBorton

Shagbd
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

How Awesome IS Lauren? (Wickline Content)

Post by Shagbd »

It was sort of a spur / Impulsive buy, but Lauren and Paul had a few 6 ft Indys in stock, which is pretty rare for them.... you know.... to HAVE stock items..... Also I have been really wanting a saddle tan whip, as well as a shorter whip to wear with my Indy costume for Halloween.
It seems like all the planets aligned and I was able to snag this 6 ft Saddle Tan Indy whip, made by Lauren...

Lets see.... I now own THREE whips from Lauren (one cowhide, two roo) and have a forth whip incoming sometime in the next month or so....

What can I say? The girl got skills!!!!

Its still got the brand new stiffness, but it already cracks great right out of the box...

Heres a shot of it before i cracked it:
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb13 ... tIndy1.jpg

I was feeling artistic and it was a gorgoeus afternoon so took a shot near the lake...
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb13 ... tIndy2.jpg
Cracker
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Cracker »

Lauren does do nice work!

Good catch :)
Nebraska Brad
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Nebraska Brad »

Nice whip. It makes me want a 6'.

-Nebraska
dirtyindianasolo
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by dirtyindianasolo »

I had a similar impulse buy situation with Paul & Lauren. They were making a run of 8' Indys and accidentially made one too many for the orders they had. I was able to pick up an 8' Indy natural tan essentially out of stock. Just too tempting to pass up. The quality is amazing.
Kentucky Blues
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Kentucky Blues »

Yes, she does make a nice whip, and that one is no exception. Now I have a question... why do you want a shorter whip for your costume?

-KB 8)
Shagbd
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Shagbd »

cause ill no doubt take it out and do some crackin and i do my "fancier" cracks with shorter whips better than longer whips.

The fast speed of teh 6 footers is more impressive to most onlookers
thefish
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by thefish »

Kentucky Blues wrote:Yes, she does make a nice whip, and that one is no exception. Now I have a question... why do you want a shorter whip for your costume?

-KB 8)
DON'T let David BS you. His Strain, DelCarpio, or that old Morgan he got from Paul would have been ABSOLUTELY fine...

He's just rationalizing the purchase of a new whip, and trying to justify it to everyone....

Dude...Don't make me organize an intervention! :lol: :lol:

As always, beautiful work, Lauren, (I suppose she'll get this when they get the computer set up out in the desert.) Good catch, David..

Enjoy!

-Dan
Shagbd
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Shagbd »