less MID more WEST always the WHIPS ;-)

From falls & poppers to plaiting & cracking technique, this section is dedicated in memory of Sergei, IndyGear Staff Member and Whip Guru. Always remember to keep "Celebratin' Life!"

Moderator: BullWhipBorton

LemonLauren
Vendor

less MID more WEST always the WHIPS ;-)

Post by LemonLauren »

MidWestWhips is moving... to the SouthWest. :) Paul and I have been looking around for several months now, and we finally found a nice looking little town in Southern Nevada. We will still keep the name MidWestWhips, and the website www.midwestwhips.com, but by the beginning of November we'll technically be living a little ways away from the region of the US that was our namesake.

We'll be loading the moving truck on October 29th (one week from today), and then we'll probably be incommunicado for the most part so far as the internet goes until we have moved into our new place and set up our new internet service. You can still email us or order during that time, but understand that it may be a week or two until we can email you back. Our cell phones should still work during the move if you have an urgent request or question (we aren't planning to change our numbers). The really important thing, though, is to not send us anything in the mail that would arrive after October 29th – we will be without an address from October 29th to sometime early in the second week of November (about a week and a half). As soon as we get our new address, we will post it here on COW and on www.midwestwhips.com.

We'll keep the Whip-Basics DVDs and some other basic supplies (poppers, falls, pecards, etc) easily accessable in the back of the truck so that if anyone orders something along those lines, we'll be able to drop it in the post with hopefully very little delay (we hope to be able to check our email briefly in the evenings at hotels). Also, if you order an actual whip during that time, we'll place those orders in the order in which they are received in our inbox for our waiting list and confirm your order as soon as our internet is up and running in the new place.

Thanks everybody for understanding, and please... cross your fingers for us. :) From Ohio to Nevada is a looooong drive, a lot of work, and a big change. We're both really excited, but pretty nervous too!

Lauren Wickline
www.midwestwhips.com

PS: We're also working on updating and revamping the MidWestWhips website, and we hope to get that up within a couple months after we're moved in. It should be easier to navigate, less jumbled, and don't worry - none of the loads of pictures are going anywhere... they'll just be better organized and we intend to add many more, as well as some new features and products.
Soup
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Soup »

Good luck with your move, changes can be fun, and scary at the same time. Be safe on your trip. Originally I was a Hoosier, now I'm a Tarheel. Your going from a Buckeye to a ????

Regards,

Soup
LemonLauren
Vendor

Post by LemonLauren »

um... I really have no idea? Ask me again after we've been there for awhile, I'm sure we'll figure it out. :) Or maybe somebody else who lives out there can clue us in?

Lauren Wickline
www.midwestwhips.com
Bowie
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Bowie »

... to a Rebel (I think... UNLV, right?)... Welcome to the Southwest Lauren & Paul. I have lived in AZ for 11years, and I only wish I moved here sooner. I just scored a Paul Nolan 10ftr on ebay and can't wait to try it out. Bullwhip Borton gave midwest high marks, and I am dying to get it in my hands. I have been without a whip for over a year now!!
winrichwhips
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by winrichwhips »

Are you guys going to be anywhere near Las Vegas?

-Adam
LemonLauren
Vendor

Post by LemonLauren »

Yep, about an hour outside Vegas. The Rebels, eh? That mascot sounds a little more intimidating than the Buckeyes, lol. I hope you enjoy your whip, Bowie, and maybe we'll get the chance to meet sometime. :) Where in AZ are you? Anywhere halfway close to Vegas?

Lauren Wickline
www.midwestwhips.com
AZ Pete
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by AZ Pete »

Congrats on the move! I too live in the southwest (Arizona - Phoenix area). Been here for about 18 years. You will love the weather after getting used to the heat (it should only take about 10 years :) )...

Anyway, welcome to the desert!

Pete
FloatinJoe
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by FloatinJoe »

I know that Paul and I talked about the move. He seemed quite excited about it. My best wishes are with you and can't wait to hear about about the new place.

Mike
Bowie
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Bowie »

LemonLauren wrote:Yep, about an hour outside Vegas. The Rebels, eh? That mascot sounds a little more intimidating than the Buckeyes, lol. I hope you enjoy your whip, Bowie, and maybe we'll get the chance to meet sometime. :) Where in AZ are you? Anywhere halfway close to Vegas?

Lauren Wickline
www.midwestwhips.com
I work in Phoenix but I live about 40minute out of the metro area. Less commotion out there... I too moved from the Midwest, Michigan specificlly, and don't worry about the heat you will adjust quickly and feel like a native in no time! I should have my whip in my hands on Monday and I have no doubts I will love it. I will definitely drop a line when I head to LV, it's alway nice to meet gearheads and I would like to see the shop if it's open for a tour.