Noel Howard stuff on Wested website

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

Indiana Strones
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Noel Howard stuff on Wested website

Post by Indiana Strones »

I noted that the NH stuff is now available on the Wested website.

http://www.ekmpowershop4.com/ekmps/shop ... n-37-c.asp
agent5
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by agent5 »

Not that I have the money for it, but I don't see any sizes available.
Indiana Strones
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

agent5 wrote:Not that I have the money for it, but I don't see any sizes available.
Yes, this is a little annoying. But... I have no money too. :(
IndianaChris711
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by IndianaChris711 »

Well all I have to say is, it is about time Noel's stuff got up on wested's site. I think I may get a pair of pants, and that maybe it, I don't know what else I may get, but that is a bargain for a pair of NH design for the indy pants.

IndianaChris
Indiana G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Indiana G »

IndianaChris711 wrote:Well all I have to say is, it is about time Noel's stuff got up on wested's site. I think I may get a pair of pants, and that maybe it, I don't know what else I may get, but that is a bargain for a pair of NH design for the indy pants.

IndianaChris
these prices are less than what noel offered them for. it just shows how classy peter is.....he's just here to keep us indy kooks happy. thanks again peter :)
McFly
Scoundrel

Post by McFly »

That's true. I remember the NH prices being just crazy (of course they're worth it), but thanks to Peter we're getting this stuff at good prices! I ordered an original MkVII yesterday for around $20!!!! It's one of my dream pieces to have, and I'm very glad to be finally getting one, even if its not a pair of NH pants or some legendary piece of gear like that. :P

Shane
whipitgood
Museum Curator
Museum Curator
Location: Los Angeles "A handsome devil in the city of angels."

Post by whipitgood »

You're right G about Peter being classy. He could of auctioned this gear off for a pretty penny, but offered it up to fans at a steal. Hats off to Peter or I should say fedoras. I was lucky enough to purchase a NH ROLA shirt from Wested and I couldn't be more pleased. I hope he can replicate Noel's designs for his future stock. Good show ol' chap :tup:
Indiana Williams
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Indiana Williams »

very tempting :-k why no sizes?
whipitgood
Museum Curator
Museum Curator
Location: Los Angeles "A handsome devil in the city of angels."

Post by whipitgood »

Indiana Williams wrote:very tempting :-k why no sizes?
This is odd :-k
Indiana Strones
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Another email battle with Gemma... :-k
Wade Egan
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

NH Gear

Post by Wade Egan »

Is it just me, or does NH gear look to be 'screen in-accurate?' I realize he worked on the original equipment, but the costume department went to town distressing everything and may have changed some of the stuff (like hand cutting the end cut on the Raider belt and making extra holes. Maybe the pants and shirt are (I don't know I haven't seen them personally), but the other stuff is a little off to me.

The Last Crusade belt has a brass buckle with the double keeper set up? Screen caps are everywhere (take a quick look on the IndyGear main page in the gear section). Also, everything I've seen of Raiders as well as the newer blue ray screen grabs, etc., I've never seen a second leather keeper on the Raider gun belt in the film. But NH made them with it.

Call me crazy...
Toldog07
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Toldog07 »

any word on the size issue? i emailed wested but got no response as of yet
ReturningSon
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by ReturningSon »

Yeah, i ordered a tie and used bag but paid with paypal and then the screen froze. I had to exit but when I check with paypal, the money was still sent to Wested but I recieved no confirmation from them. Now I have to wait days go get a #### reply from Gemma. Why does it take them so long to answer their email? :x :x :x
Henry Jones III
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Henry Jones III »

Well the pictures are Medium, so I'd assume that's what size they have. Does anyone know if they're the same size as Wested's 'own brand' medium?
Last edited by Henry Jones III on Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jnicktem
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by jnicktem »

Well it's going to take awhile now since it is the weekend. I don't usually get a reply until the Tuesday after the weekend.
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

Henry Jones III wrote:Well the pictures are Medium, so I'd assume that's what size they have. Does anyone know if they're the same size as Wested's 'own brand' medium?
From my limited experience. A medium NH is slightly smaller than a 's' Wested. Shoulders are similar but the body on the Wested is looser.
Henry Jones III
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Kt Templar wrote:From my limited experience. A medium NH is slightly smaller than a 's' Wested. Shoulders are similar but the body on the Wested is looser.
Rats. Looks like I'd need a L at least as I wear a M Wested.
Toldog07
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Toldog07 »

i'm sure they have more sizes than medium, i doubt they would take pictures of every size they have and post them all on the website. They probobly just havent added the size option yet.
DVD Connoisseur
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by DVD Connoisseur »

When I enquired, they had the large / extra-large shirts in stock (plus large long for the Raiders shirt).

Peter was encountering problems with adding the sizes to the website so you're best ringing / e-mailing if you're interested.
ReturningSon
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by ReturningSon »

Only problem with email is they take days to respond. If you live in the UK, ringing should be no problem!
jnicktem
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by jnicktem »

That's not true for everyone... I get replies within 24 hours.
ReturningSon
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by ReturningSon »

Wow, thats so weird. I guess its the people who's emails get stuck in the spam filters. It took Gemma 5 days to respond earlier on an issue this month and now again. hmm..I just hope the NH stock doesn't dimish before I get contacted. I might just have to bite the bullet and call them! :-k
Tron7960
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Tron7960 »

I ordered though the site and sent a follow-up e-mail requesting a shirt in a Medium. We'll see what happens.
PLATON
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by PLATON »

I have bought the entire NH stock and I am accepting orders. Please contact me *joking*
Tron7960
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Tron7960 »

I received an e-mail response from Gemma this morning. Sounds like medium is one of the available sizes.
MARQ
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by MARQ »

Peter:I truly hope that you´ll copy every part of Noel Howards Items !!
PLEASE do so! [-o< :whip: :tup:
PLATON
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by PLATON »

I also wish he copies them but I am afraid it will not happen.
Others have tried to copy but did not get it right I think.
It seems it's very hard to copy....
Henry Jones III
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

The site's been updated with sizes. The only large they had was a Last Crusade long which I've just ordered.
Indiana Joosse
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indiana Joosse »

Went for a belt and a tie myself.

:)

Thanks for the tip!
RCSignals
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by RCSignals »

Kt Templar wrote:
Henry Jones III wrote:Well the pictures are Medium, so I'd assume that's what size they have. Does anyone know if they're the same size as Wested's 'own brand' medium?
From my limited experience. A medium NH is slightly smaller than a 's' Wested. Shoulders are similar but the body on the Wested is looser.
Are these being made from NH's patterns?
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

RCSignals wrote:
Kt Templar wrote:
Are these being made from NH's patterns?
The NH stock is old leftover stock. Wested shirts are their existing pattern.
Tron7960
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Tron7960 »

Wow! Talk about fast, my NH shirt from Wested ordered Tuesday, arrived on Friday!

3 days from England to Canada!

Fits, feels and looks great!

tunic
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by tunic »

I ordered the LC shirt and a pair of pants tonight . Hope they fit OK. I always worry about ordering clothes online. I got long arms and legs. But if I don't order them now I may miss out on getting Neol's stuff .
Baldwyn
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Baldwyn »

I contacted Wested on September 16th to get a Medium shirt, sent my credit card number, and no shirt. When these hit the web on Oct 10th, I ordered right away, was told the shirt was in stock, but there wasn't a gunbelt in my size. I asked for a refund for the gunbelt, obviously, and was told I'd get one. Two days later, I asked, and went back and forth a few times and guess what? Gemma never set aside a shirt for me and they sold out.

Really discouraged.
Indiana Joosse
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indiana Joosse »

####, that's really nasty... :(

Really sorry to hear that.

I recently had some trouble with them as well, but as far as I'm concerned they went above and beyond to make everything right. For me anyway...

:?
Indiana Strones
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

:| :? :(
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

Unfortunately with Wested it's always best to place orders by phone because there are periods when Gemma and Peter don't even reply to emails so you don't know what's happening with your orders/requests, if the mail was even read or not (Peter if you're reading this... hint hint hint :P lol).
Then you phone and you find out if there was a problem or if everything went smooth and the item ordered is actually on its way... but you have to phone to know. On COW this is no news really, most of the repeat and satisfied wested customers like me know that they have to phone.

I don't want to justify Peter, I'm sure he can do it by himself, but I guess they are constantly very busy. I understand it could be upsetting sometimes for customers, especially if something goes wrong with your order and you don't find out untill you pick up the phone and dial Wested number.
I've been trying to order a jacket (non indy) for my mum a couple of times and I never got an answer to my enquiries so I'm kinda stuck with that one.
All I know for sure is that Peter does read emails and acts accordingly... it's only that he rarely replies to let you know he did.
So I guess I have to follow my own advise and pick up the phone otherwise my mum will never get her jacket :lol:
Indiana Joosse
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indiana Joosse »

Well, the belt and tie came in today.

Very happy with that.

I ordered it last weekend and it arrived today.

No complaints from me.

:) :) :) :) :)
ReturningSon
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by ReturningSon »

Yeah, I ordered a tie too. Those ties are such a great deal because they are atkinson, Irish popplin, and they retail for $80...Thanks Noel! :notworthy:
ANZAC_1915
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by ANZAC_1915 »

ReturningSon wrote:Yeah, I ordered a tie too. Those ties are such a great deal because they are atkinson, Irish popplin, and they retail for $80...Thanks Noel! :notworthy:
And 100% SA!
Indiana Joosse
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indiana Joosse »

Wow guys, thanks!

I actually didn't know that.

Just thought, hey, one of those ties would be nice... :-k

Anyway, many thanks to Peter too for making the last of Noel's stuff so easily available for us.
Henry Jones III
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

My shirt(s) arrived today - easily the best Indy shirts I own. I'm currently wearing the large, but I've been having recent success at the gym so I think I'll be rocking the medium before long.
Baldwyn
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Baldwyn »

Just an update, I received a LC Medium last night! Fits great, it's a truly wonderful shirt, and I'm glad to get it :) The bag strap looks much nicer than the one I got in 2000 too.

Just got to chase down a refund for the gunbelt now.
tunic
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by tunic »

Just received my LC shirt and Indy pants today. I just have to say the pants are great and the color is lighter then the Wested pants. The wool pants are nice weight a little heavier then the Wested pants. The shirt is much like the Todd's shirt to me. It is longer then Todd's though. If anyone is thinking about ordering I say go ahead . I think Neol's products are great and they are worth every penny.
Indiana Strones
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Tunic, can you compare NH and Wested pants sizes? Thanks.
RCSignals
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by RCSignals »

As I recall in a post by Peter it was said the Wested pants use the same cloth as the NH. Maybe that is in reference to cloth currently used, and your Wested's are older?
WinstonWolf359
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by WinstonWolf359 »

In Wested's description of the Noel Howard pants on their website, they state that the NH pants are the same fabric and color as their offerings, just that the NH pants are a heavier weight fabric.

However, I believe the Last Crusade pants from Noel were intentionally lighter in color, which would explain why these NH Crusade pants are slightly different from a stock pair of Wested pants.
Indiana MarkVII
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Indiana MarkVII »

I missed the boat on this go around. I wanted a shirt, gun belt, and LC tie, but Wested is completely out of stock in my sizes. You guys cleaned them out fast, or Peter didn't have that many to go around in the first place.

Oh well. since I'm out of a job at the moment, it's best that I didn't spend the money anyway.
Dr. Jones1936
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Dr. Jones1936 »

Yeah, I ordered a gunbelt with whip holder, used gas mask bag, and a strap kit originally. Then I contacted Wested via email to add a shirt to the order. Gemma got back to me quickly that they had ONE Raiders NH shirt left and asked for my size. I emailed her back immediately with the preferred size and alternative. She said thanks and she would send out the following Monday. :)

So, I went to the P.O. to pick up the package this morning. \:D/

And, as usual, Wested bummed me out again. :cry: NO SHIRT! Of course, I emailed right away and Gemma actually answered right away. Said she sent me a reply email earlier stating that they were all out of XLs. Of course, I never received any email stating that fact.

AND if that wasn't bad enough, the bag had a name written on it in BALL POINT PEN! :x Fortunately, I was able to get the ink out and now it's fine. But, I was VERY UNHAPPY.

So, anyway, if any of you fine chaps want to send me a LARGE LONG or XL NH Raiders shirt, I'll probably be okay. :)
Venky
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Venky »

Yeah, I ordered an NH XL shirt when it was indicated to be available on the website, along with an XL ROLA shirt, NH bag strap and NH gunbelt.

All of this was ordered over a week and half ago. Then Gemma updated my order saying that the gunbelts were sold out and that she would process my order by the end of last week.

Nothing happened by Monday of this week.

Emailed for an update to the status. She responded saying it was cancelled since the items I ordered were all of a sudden out of stock!

Not happy at all. :(