Anyone happy with their WPG shirt?

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

Raider S
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Anyone happy with their WPG shirt?

Post by Raider S »

The title says it all. To my eyes it looks like a nice shirt and I appreciate that long sizes are available. I know some have complained about the fabric, but I often find I like things others don't! ;-)

Must be some satisfied customers out there because they keep selling them. I'm thinking of trying one but am hoping for some photos.
Indiana Jake
Dig Leader
Dig Leader
Location: Seated in a Pan Am Sea Plane, flying over a map of Glendale, CA

Post by Indiana Jake »

The photos don't say much. Plusses and minuses. If the size works for you, then you get a good fit. The shirt is cut fuller through the midsection as opposed to slim as other more correct (?) shirt makers. There is a box pleat in the rear, which I wish they would have left out. I used a very small amount of bleach with mine to correct the color. Looked great. Sorry no pics.

Jake
Indiana Citroen
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Indiana Citroen »

Believe it or not I am wearing it as we speak....

I only have one WPG as well as a Todds and 3 LL Beans, the WPG is my fave

and heres a link... http://s460.photobucket.com/albums/qq322/stuartdammery/

the daker shirt is my bleached LLBean work shirt

PS I am now being called Indy at work as I wear the shirt and pants and Jacket 3 or so times a week :P
Raider S
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Raider S »

I guess big in the chest and narrower in the waist would be best for me as I like more fitted shirts. I was thinking of getting a long as others may have complained about these being too short.

But from Citroen's photos it does look great.
BroadSword
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by BroadSword »

It sounds like the biggest hang up is the size. My wife is very good with her sewing machine so when mine arrives I'll have her take it in. She did that with my Todd's shirt as well. I'll have to wash a few times as well.
Indiana G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Indiana G »

wpg shirts are the worst piece of gear that i've ever bought....everything from the fit, to materials and construction were all sub par. i would have been more SA if i took a jiffy marker and drew eppaulettes, pockets and pleats on my naked chest......... :shock:
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Post by binkmeisterRick »

So, G, tell us how you really feel. :lol: And please, no need to draw an example. :[
bigrex
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by bigrex »

As I've said before, I like mine because under the tighter, thin Todd's standard jacket, it fills out the physique a bit in the arms, etc. They do shrink in the wash so if it is too big, a wash or two may make it a better fit. The material probably is too stiff to look that screen accurate without a jacket, especially for a Raiders shirt. The stiffness is an advantage though with a tight fit jacket if you happen to be on the skinny side at least. If you're fat, then the only thing that will help your screen accuracy is to lose weight of course, and you definately don't want a WPG shirt since it would look like you are filling out a khaki tent, appearing a little too jolly for Indy. :[
theinterchange
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by theinterchange »

Indiana G wrote:wpg shirts are the worst piece of gear that i've ever bought....everything from the fit, to materials and construction were all sub par. i would have been more SA if i took a jiffy marker and drew eppaulettes, pockets and pleats on my naked chest......... :shock:
if you have chest hair, it could work!

Randy
Indiana G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Indiana G »

theinterchange wrote:
Indiana G wrote:wpg shirts are the worst piece of gear that i've ever bought....everything from the fit, to materials and construction were all sub par. i would have been more SA if i took a jiffy marker and drew eppaulettes, pockets and pleats on my naked chest......... :shock:
if you have chest hair, it could work!

Randy

:lol:

the only time i have chest hair is when i'm giving myself a haircut and the trimmings fall on it!
Indiana Croft
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Location: In Marakesh looking for that Idol. Or some where in N.H.

Post by Indiana Croft »

I like mine very much, seeing as the fuller cut in the lower section tends to match the fuller cut of my belly :shock: .

Any way It's atougher material than most and has a military feel to it.
Bought two and so far I'm stilling wear the first. But when it wears out (if it does) I'll have a second.

Croft
Herr Doktor
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Herr Doktor »

Considering I've got a lot of protective padding for my six pack, I like the full cut of the WPG shirt. I wish the material was a bit softer, but overall, the shirt works for me. :)
Chewbacca Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Chewbacca Jones »

I would say... no, I don't like it that much. I haven't even worn it more than an hour yet and I have had to repair it three times. The seems in certain spots like to let go. Also, the fit is horrid. I like a full cut because I'm a full-cut guy, but it is huge! Plus, the material is rather heavy and stiff for my tastes.

Otherwise, it's a fine shirt. :mrgreen:
Rich Johnson
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Rich Johnson »

I love my shirt and plan to oder two more. Ive worn mine on a few adventures so far, including hiking around the grand canyon for 3 days. Yep three days in the same shirt. I started to think it might become a TOD replica if I wore it too many days without washing it.
But seriously, its a good shirt and I havent had one prolem with it at all.
Raider S
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Raider S »

Thanks for totally confusing me everyone! :lol:

I might go for one. I know I've been warned though...
BroadSword
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by BroadSword »

Ok, my WPG shirt came yesterday but I didn't get to mess with it until 10 minutes ago on my lunch break. Out of the box, the shirt felt to be the same weight as my Todd's shirt. I ordered a medium for my 15.5" neck, 40 chest and 34 waist. Expecting it to be really big when I put it on, I was pleasantly surprised to see that it was NOT. It felt good around my torso and I think after a soak in warm water and line dry, it will shrink to that screen accurate fitted look.

Now I only tried it on for a few minutes, but I have to say that based on what I've read in a few threads about the WPG shirts I was not expecting much. What I did find was a shirt that is on par with the Todd's shirt and a bit more accurate in color (at least to my eyes). When I get home I will see what the soak and line dry did to it and really get a comparison going. First impression...I like the fit and the color, but we'll what shrinkage I get and any buttons pop off.
Falco09
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Falco09 »

BroadSword wrote:Ok, my WPG shirt came yesterday but I didn't get to mess with it until 10 minutes ago on my lunch break. Out of the box, the shirt felt to be the same weight as my Todd's shirt. I ordered a medium for my 15.5" neck, 40 chest and 34 waist. Expecting it to be really big when I put it on, I was pleasantly surprised to see that it was NOT. It felt good around my torso and I think after a soak in warm water and line dry, it will shrink to that screen accurate fitted look.

Now I only tried it on for a few minutes, but I have to say that based on what I've read in a few threads about the WPG shirts I was not expecting much. What I did find was a shirt that is on par with the Todd's shirt and a bit more accurate in color (at least to my eyes). When I get home I will see what the soak and line dry did to it and really get a comparison going. First impression...I like the fit and the color, but we'll what shrinkage I get and any buttons pop off.
What size is your Todd's?
BroadSword
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by BroadSword »

It was large...medium would have better for me, but the wife tailored the shirt in.

I did do a side by side and the WPG is a little bit thicker, but not a whole alot in my opinion. Anyhow...I like it and it fits pretty nice out of the box for me. I may have the wife bring it in a little slimmer but it won't be much.