No more Clover Zippos!

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

Relic Raider
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

No more Clover Zippos!

Post by Relic Raider »

I hope nobody fainted. ;)

I will not be taking any further orders for clover Zippos or clover badge kits this month. I need to

1. regain the remainder of my sanity (work on some other projects)
2. regrow skin on my fingertips (resin, abrasives, solvents, adhesives cause damage)
3. stock up on Zippos
4. produce badges (see 2)

This does no affect lighter projects currently being discussed with various individuals. Should by any chance a lighter or badge kit become available during the month of July, I will list it at the top of the Clover Zippo page on my Web site. Regular ordering will resume on August 1st. I have noticed that my email address was changed to my earthlink address, which I basically don't use anymore due to spam. I check my earthlink account only sporadically. My main email address is relicraider@gmail.com, which is also listed on my Web site.

Cheers,
-Relic Raider

PS: Those of you whose order has been ready to be shipped for more then 10 days, please note, if I do not hear from you, please do not send any payment without asking me if I still have your order. You can ask me if I can hold you lighter a while longer, but if I don't hear from you, I will presume you do not want the piece anymore! I ask those who want to cancel their orders to please tell me that. That way the next person in line can get their lighter faster.

PPS: I keep hearing I don't make badges anymore. The grapevine is an unreliable place to get information. Should anyone have a question, they should ask me directly!
Last edited by Relic Raider on Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Chewbacca Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Chewbacca Jones »

I have a question. What's your website address? :lol:
Relic Raider
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Relic Raider »

Chewbacca Jones wrote:I have a question. What's your website address? :lol:
X marks the spot! :lol:
Anderson
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Anderson »

AARRGGHH! And I was just about to order one too! :D

Enjoy the break, you make fantastic stuff. I had the pleasure of owning one before it fell off of a cliff.
agent5
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by agent5 »

work on some other projects
I think your time has finally eclipsed mine. You know what I'm talking about? Any intention of finishing?
ichnob
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by ichnob »

Lol, I just discover your website and you're taking a break. :lol:

Well, better relax then. I'll place my order when you're ready to make them again.
Relic Raider
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Relic Raider »

agent5 wrote:
work on some other projects
I think your time has finally eclipsed mine. You know what I'm talking about? Any intention of finishing?
Going by what you wrote in your last PM on Fri Mar 16, 2007 I figured the item in question had been tackled by someone else and was already nearing completion. As I said back then, if I find the time to finish the project, I will do it. Alas, finding time for any pet project is increasingly difficult during these busy days. Back when we first started talking about this project, I still had time. Nowadays, in case you haven't noticed, I don't even find the time to post more than a couple posts every other blue moon.

Cheers,
-Relic Raider
Relic Raider
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Relic Raider »

Anderson wrote:AARRGGHH! And I was just about to order one too! :D

Enjoy the break, you make fantastic stuff. I had the pleasure of owning one before it fell off of a cliff.
*contemplates floatation insert*
Chewbacca Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Relic Raider wrote:
Chewbacca Jones wrote:I have a question. What's your website address? :lol:
X marks the spot! :lol:
But... X never, ever marks the spot. :wink:
Indiana MarkVII
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Indiana MarkVII »

X didn't mark the spot, but his web site is easily accessable by clicking on the "www" button at the bottom of his post. In case you can't find that button, here it is, but don't order before August 1. Everyone deserves a break: http://relicraider.110mb.com/index.html
Chewbacca Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

I was just having a bit of fun, but RR's response is really quite perfect, in it's way.
Marlin_Fan
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Marlin_Fan »

PM sent..never mind..found your site. Thanks!!!
Mitch LaRue
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Mitch LaRue »

Hi everyone,

I'm sure I'm asking a question that's been asked a hundred times before... but I'm hoping that THIS question has an answer that someone on these boards knows the straightforward, simple answer to (or is a question that there IS a straightforward, simple answer to!)
I've tried doing the research here on these boeards on this subject, but I'm getting so "spun around" I'm feeling like a newbie all over again!

I'd like to get a the MOST Screen Accurate Last Crusade Zippo there IS.

I know (or THINK) that Relic Raider's Junk Box is who I need to be dealing with, but I've got a few questions:
- Has he resumed making these lighters? (I believe he was taking a break)
- Assuming that price is no object, is there a general concensus as to what particular lighter IS, in fact, the MOST Accurate Version of that as seen on screen? (I've heard people say "The #200's are the way to go" - but does that mean the Brushed, Satin or Street Chrome? And for that matter IS it supposed to have some kind of "badge" on it or was it just an emblem sorta printed on the side?)

I'm actually getting the lighter for someone who'd LOVE one of these, but I'd want it to be as SA as possible. I really don't know all that much about the specifics of this particular piece of gear - I'm more of a "Hat" guy - and am just looking for a straightforward (hopefully simple) answer.

Please help out a fellow COW Member who's woefully undereducated on the specifics of the LC Zippo. (If you'd like to, feel free to use Hat Terms like "Well, THAT one is more the Herbert Johnson of the Zippos whereas THIS one is the Adventurebilt Deluxe" or whatever works for you.)

I need a little direction - or a dead-on ANSWER - please.
Thanks (hopefully) for whatever help you can give.
Mitch
:?
VP
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by VP »

Mitch LaRue wrote:- Assuming that price is no object, is there a general concensus as to what particular lighter IS, in fact, the MOST Accurate Version of that as seen on screen? (I've heard people say "The #200's are the way to go" - but does that mean the Brushed, Satin or Street Chrome? And for that matter IS it supposed to have some kind of "badge" on it or was it just an emblem sorta printed on the side?)
The model used on screen was #200 Brushed Chrome. The version in the archive book had painted sides but I think the fully painted version is not the one in the movie, here's a screencap which shows that only the sides were white:

And here's my #200 with Generation 5 Resin badges + ZipLight:

DVD Connoisseur
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by DVD Connoisseur »

VP, as a non-smoker, your ZipLight looks a most appealing item! Excellent!
Mitch LaRue
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Mitch LaRue »

THANK YOU, VP!
That's GREAT info!
(And yeah... you've got a beaut there!)
Appreciate the guidance!
Mitch
MustangLoverMex
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by MustangLoverMex »

I've never seen that ZipLight things before! :o

-Alfonso
Zach R.
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Zach R. »

MustangLoverMex wrote:I've never seen that ZipLight things before! :o

-Alfonso
I don't think they lasted long at retail, and although I own one I can see why they didn't catch on: most people with a lighter use it to light things on fire. :lol:

And, if one were in the need to see things in the dark, a standard D-battery powered flashlight is infinitely more useful than the *standard* Ziplight.

The fact that they aren't made any more, I guess the point I'm trying to make, is that is why RR has such a hard time finding all of the remaining deadstock. :lol:
Relic Raider
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Relic Raider »

Zach R. wrote: the point I'm trying to make, is that is why RR has such a hard time finding all of the remaining deadstock. :lol:
I don't have to look for them -- I have all the NOS ZipLights that were available.

Cheers,
-Relic Raider
Relic Raider
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Relic Raider »

VP wrote:The version in the archive book had painted sides but I think the fully painted version is not the one in the movie, here's a screencap which shows that only the sides were white:
The prop shown in the Best of the LF Archives book has a painted front and back, while its sides have a high gloss chrome finish. Since the front and back of the Zippo are covered with the design, it is impossible to tell whether the Zippo had a polished chrome or brushed chrome finish, since both Zippo versions have polished sides. The Zippo used was as classic (regular shape) Zippo. I don't know if it was back then designated as a "#200."

The Zippo used in the Austrian castle had a paper sticker that actually caught fire.

Cheers,
-Relic Raider