Todds Indy shirt(PICS ADDED)

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

Bowie
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Bowie »

AND to add to J!m's statement about the new batch..... I compared my new one to my first Todd's ####, and it looks even better in terms of color, and the pen slot in the left pocket is present. I say this even though I really like the first ones.
scot2525
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by scot2525 »

Recieved my Todd's medium today and I am pleased, it is a bit snugger at the waist than a normal shirt but not uncomfortable. I really like it. Down the road I may order a large just so I can have a bit more room.

Here are some pics.

JimL
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by JimL »

looks like a great shirt! Congratulations!
Bowie
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Bowie »

What are your dimensions (height & weight) scot2525?? I'm 6' 2" 178lbs, and I decided to send my Med back for another large which is a perfect fit for me. You'll probably like the Large better.....
scot2525
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by scot2525 »

Bowie wrote:What are your dimensions (height & weight) scot2525?? I'm 6' 2" 178lbs, and I decided to send my Med back for another large which is a perfect fit for me. You'll probably like the Large better.....

I am 5' 10" 165 lbs Bowie, and could probably do a few situps and attempt to lose the "beer belly".
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

I just have to say..

man!...you look the part AC..I wouldnt mind you taking over..

bests
Holt
whipcracker
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by whipcracker »

Seeing your pic of hiking in the AZ desert makes miss it. It's pretty up here in UT, green and everything, but there's nothing like the Sonoran Desert!

Gear is perfect for desert. well, anywhere for that matter.
conceited_ape
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by conceited_ape »

AC, you actually LOOK more like Harrison than any fan I've seen! :shock:

It's the smile! :tup:
Indiana Williams
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Indiana Williams »

Ok, finally here are a couple pics of my small Todds shirt. Enjoy!
front
back
the fit of the shirt is snug but not constricting. I definetly plan on ordering another one of the same size.
Best Regards,
Joe
conceited_ape
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by conceited_ape »

Certainly has a tapered waist! :shock:
I keep meaning to ask Todd if he offers his shirts with ToD/LC buttons. Anyone happen to know the answer already?
WinstonWolf359
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by WinstonWolf359 »

Todd's shirts are specifically designed to be Raiders shirts. I've not heard of any plans to offer any other styles.
JimL
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by JimL »

This is why they are so great! The tapered waist is great! It really makes you look more broad chested than you might actually be. (I fall into this catergory, "chicken Chest" is the term I think...)

It can be a problem for those whose gut is equal to or greater than their chest measurement... Fortunately for me, I don't quite have that problem (yet)... :shock:

I fall somewhere between "anerexic" and "couch potato"... Good times!
Indiana Williams
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Aeris_Canon wrote:Thank you, Conceited Ape.

Williams, I'm surprised to hear that the Small fits you. Bearing that in mind, the fact that you define it as snug but not constricting pretty much confirms that a medium (my normal shirt size - as instructed from Todd's site) would be the one to choose if trying to replicate the film's look.

It's good to see these other sizes surfacing.
Im a skinny guy, Aeris :wink: Honestly at first I felt it was too small but Ive come to appreciate its tailored fit. Im sure a medium would look good on me. Maybe Ill give a medium a try. but IMHO the small fits like a dream. Dont let how awkword I look in those pics fool you. :wink: Once my small wested shirt arrives Ill post better pics even comparisons so people can see how different the shirts are in fit.
Best Regards,
Joe
Indiana Williams
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Aeris_Canon wrote:
Im a skinny guy, Aeris Honestly at first I felt it was too small but Ive come to appreciate its tailored fit. Im sure a medium would look good on me. Maybe Ill give a medium a try. but IMHO the small fits like a dream. Dont let how awkword I look in those pics fool you.
Indiana Williams, please let me assure you that was not a dig on your build at all, but an observation I was basing from a time I'd seen you in a 42 Lambskin jacket. I am simply surprised a Todd's small fits. IF anything this shows that the sizes aren't so drastically off as some are mentioning.

The snug fit has also been attributed to the NH feeling "costumey" in the past. This only shows that the Coyle's Safari shirt, designed to be snug at actual shirt sizes, is actually pretty much "on target". :D
I didnt take it that way old chum :wink:
Indiana Williams
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Heres a couple more pics, outdoors in gear. Enjoy!
http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll30 ... CF0409.jpg
http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll30 ... CF0410.jpg
And heres a pic of me foolin around with my whip. :whip:
http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll30 ... CF0412.jpg
Best Regards,
Joe
Indy_1971
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Indy_1971 »

Just curious, did everyone experience a little bit of shrinkage with there shirts once it was washed and put through the dryer?

I'm about 6', 190 pounds, 34.5-35 sleeve length (full shoulder measurement). I backordered an XL and I'm a little concerned about the fit. Do you think XL is the right way to go? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Indy_1971
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Indy_1971 »

Sorry, I should mention that I normally take a Large.
I don't mind a "fitted" shirt, but it seems from what I've read, the shirts are very, very fitted. Those who bought a Large, if you could do it again, would you have gone with an XL?
Indiana Williams
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Indy_1971 wrote:Just curious, did everyone experience a little bit of shrinkage with there shirts once it was washed and put through the dryer?

I'm about 6', 190 pounds, 34.5-35 sleeve length (full shoulder measurement). I backordered an XL and I'm a little concerned about the fit. Do you think XL is the right way to go? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
When I washed mine I ran it on the delicate cycle and no heat. For me my small didnt shrink.
myamoebafriend
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by myamoebafriend »

I only have a few issues with it. For me, the sleeves were a little too long, the collar was a little too tight, as were the cuffs. But it still fit really good. Although the buttons don't seem that sturdy.
kiltie
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by kiltie »

Arright, arright....
So a couple people have advanced the idea that A_C could take the reins in IJ 5. Maybe, but Indiana Williams could DEFINATELY be the action figure! :lol:
Indiana Williams
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

kiltie wrote:Arright, arright....
So a couple people have advanced the idea that A_C could take the reins in IJ 5. Maybe, but Indiana Williams could DEFINATELY be the action figure! :lol:
It would be 'Limited Edition' seeing as theres only one of me :wink:
Wade Egan
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

order pains

Post by Wade Egan »

Ha! I don't mean to laugh, but all you guys trying to get mediums and larges sound like me and my 6'5" (Mod edit: language, please, and kindly do not try to work around the word censor.) trying to find 'any' shirt that fits. I have been going through XXL special order processes which sound exactly like this situation for you guys for 15 years. I'm losing weight now though and hope to get down to an XL and make my buying experience nicer.

Sounds like Todd is on it and it is not his fault. His customer service has been great as far as I am concerned. Things are always happening with manufacturers and it hurts the little guy more than the rest.

In the meantime, you guys can be the shirtless Indy's from TOD. :P

Peace,

W.E.
Indiana Williams
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

I bought another small from Todd while he had them in stock. It should arrive Monday.
Zombie Jones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Re: order pains

Post by Zombie Jones »

wadventure wrote:...all you guys trying to get mediums and larges sound like me and my 6'5" (Mod edit: language, please, and kindly do not try to work around the word censor.) trying to find 'any' shirt that fits...and hope to get down to an XL and make my buying experience nicer.
W.E., if you're 6'5" Todd's XL will most definitely be too short for you and, unless you have narrow shoulders and a 44" chest (or less), it will most likely be too small as well.

I'm 6'1", 200 lbs., with a 44" chest. I received my Todd's XL on Friday, and it just fits; if I gain more than ten pounds around my waist, or if it shrinks, it'll be too small for me. IMO, Todd's XL is about a half size smaller than other manufacturers' XL dress shirts. I know why they're made this way, and I'm not saying it's a good or bad thing; I'm simply sharing my observation.
gwyddion
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by gwyddion »

That souds odd.

Tod says on his site that the size large is the actual size of the shirt HF wore in Raiders. If I remember corectly, HF is 6'1" as well. I'm pretty sure HF was this tall and I remember reading a post out here that also said he was. I don't know what thread it was in, but it is somewere on the board.

Regards, Geert
Raider S
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Raider S »

I go into a store to try on clothes (non-Indy) and often find large shirts that are more like xxlarge, and other large shirts that seem like mediums. Kind of why I rarely buy anything online.

I'm really suprised about the Todd's shirts seeming so small.
JimL
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by JimL »

gwyddion wrote:That souds odd.

Todd says on his site that the size large is the actual size of the shirt HF wore in Raiders. If I remember corectly, HF is 6'1" as well. I'm pretty sure HF was this tall and I remember reading a post out here that also said he was. I don't know what thread it was in, but it is somewere on the board.

Regards, Geert
I thought so too, but when I spoke to Todd on the phone, he said HF is actually NOT that tall...

But, the size large seems to be my 'tailored' shirt, and I'm 6'2" (in the morning- my, like everyone's, spine compresses over the course of the day and I'm 6' 1" by the end of the day). Now if they shrink (and indications seem to be little to no shrinkage) this may be a problem...

I will order the large, and if it is uncomfortable, I will exchange it for an XL. The thing that stops me from getting an XL 'out of the gate' is that Todd made the waist 'non-tapered' on the XL and XXL size. Unlike the majority here, I WANT the tapered waist. It looks good, and (fortunately) my 'waist' (read: GUT) is not bigger than my chest measurement, so I will be OK. If you are wider in the middle than the top, you have to fit the widest part, and tailor in the narrower areas for a proper fit.

Now, for others like me, if you have to go to the XL size, you can have the waist tapered by a tailor very easily. I will do this if I have to go with the XL size. I just wanted to avoid the expense and time loss to do this...

Remember: off the rack shirts have to fit a wide array of body types. Tailored, fitted shirts fit close and snug, but do not restrict movement. I think we as a nation have become acustomed to the 'fit' (or better to say lack thereof) of off the rack. Once you have a tailored shirt, you realize just how good it looks (quite slimming for the bigger guys) and how comfortable it is in every day wear.

Todd has no problem accepting returns, so try it on (with a t-shirt first) and exchange if you must. Just don't let it ride you baggy! That looks really poor...

My two cents...
Zombie Jones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Zombie Jones »

gwyddion wrote:That souds odd.

Tod says on his site that the size large is the actual size of the shirt HF wore in Raiders. If I remember corectly, HF is 6'1" as well. I'm pretty sure HF was this tall and I remember reading a post out here that also said he was. I don't know what thread it was in, but it is somewere on the board.

Regards, Geert
Ford may or may not be 6'1" tall (most sources say he is), but he has a much more slender physique than I do, so he doesn't weigh 200 lbs. or have a 44" chest measurement, which would account for the difference.
gwyddion
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by gwyddion »

does that mean I would be able to pull off wearing a large? I'm 6'1" with a 42 chest while weighing about 160 lbs.
I am used to wearing the shirts with a slimmer fit though, as it is quite the fashion in europe at this moment.

Regards, Geert
JimL
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by JimL »

Sounds like a good fit to me!
Tennessee R
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Tennessee R »

gwyddion wrote:does that mean I would be able to pull off wearing a large? I'm 6'1" with a 42 chest while weighing about 160 lbs.
I am used to wearing the shirts with a slimmer fit though, as it is quite the fashion in europe at this moment.

Regards, Geert
I am similar, around 6'2" with a 42 to 44 chest, and about 172 lbs.
I originally got the small, as that is what I always wear, (I enjoy a trimmer fit) but Todd's small would hardly button at all. I decided to go for a large, (a size that I have never worn in any shirt in my life), and it fits only slightly baggy. I'll tell you how it fits after a wash.
TheMechanic
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by TheMechanic »

As far as Harrisons height, let me share with you what I know.
I met actor Andrew Divoff twice. Andrew was in a fight scene with Harrison in 'Air Force One' and was one of the Russian baddies man-handling Harrison in the beginning of 'Crystal Skull'.
If you look at the pics from CS of the 2 of them you can see that they are very close in height. I'm 5'10" and Andrew is 6'1". I would say Harrison is about 6' and he's probably shrunk an inch or so since 'Raiders'.

Here's Harrison & Andrew-

gwyddion
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by gwyddion »

So I might be right about HF's length afterall :) Oh, and mechanic, Is it just me or is the penpocket stitch missing in that pic?

Tennessee R, thank you for your input on the size of Todd's shirt. I would love to hear how it fits you after that wash.

Regards, Geert
IndyFalco
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by IndyFalco »

I just received a new TODD's shirt and the color is significantly different from his first batch of shirts a while back. But the change is definitely for the better !!! The shirt is lighter and I've got to say it looks great !!!
Tennessee R
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Tennessee R »

gwyddion wrote:So I might be right about HF's length afterall :) Oh, and mechanic, Is it just me or is the penpocket stitch missing in that pic?

Tennessee R, thank you for your input on the size of Todd's shirt. I would love to hear how it fits you after that wash.

Regards, Geert
No problem, Geert,

I did wash it on warm, and it did not seem to shrink. Still, to my fit and taste, the Todd's Large shirt is
a bit baggy around the waist,
almost perfect in chest,
and a tad on the short side when it comes to sleeve and overall shirt length.

Overall, seems like a quality shirt. I will just have to wear it for a while and see.
If the factory was right next-door (and I didn't have to worry about shipping, returning, etc), I would definitely want to try out a medium, as I feel that it may have been the perfect "Cairo Indy" shirt, but I am happy with the large for now.
MARQ
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by MARQ »

I got these measurements (below)for XLarge Todd Shirt from COW and I was just curious; are they correct? If someone would clear things up and measure the XL shirt of his, it would be greatly appreciated!
Collar (buttoned): 18"
Shoulder (collar to shoulder seam): 7-1/2"
Shoulder Seam (shoulder to shoulder): 21"
Chest (approximate): 50"
Waist (approximate): 42"
Hips (approximate): 45"
Sleeve (shoulder seam to cuff): 25"
Back Length (collar seam to end of "tail"): 32-1/2"
knibs7
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by knibs7 »

conceited_ape wrote:AC, you actually LOOK more like Harrison than any fan I've seen! :shock:

It's the smile! :tup:
HUH?!?!?!?!?
:?

NIBS
gwyddion
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by gwyddion »

Knibs7, PM sent.

Regards, Geert