is it just me, or are Todd's shirts REALLY comfortable?

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

TruckWhatTruck
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

is it just me, or are Todd's shirts REALLY comfortable?

Post by TruckWhatTruck »

i've been wearing mine all day, and it's fantastic. the cut is perfect, and the material is tough enough without being too heavy. i'm actually considering buying three or four more just to circulate as regular, everyday attire.

am i a lunatic or has anyone else noticed this? :-k

kind of wishing they came in different colors, now...
Indiana Strones
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Indiana Strones »

I agree! :wink:
Mark Brody
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Mark Brody »

I think I am quite comfortable in Todd's shirt. Yes, I am very comfortable in Todd's shirt.

I just wish he made long sizes. My sleeves aren't long enough, and the waist comes untucked occasioanlly, but the XL is too big in the body without giving me the extra length.
BroadSword
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by BroadSword »

Great shirt...I do all my yardwork in it as well as my gloves. Best way to break them in. As a matter of fact I always do my yardwork in my Indy shirt and pants, then I get in the shower with all of it on. Keeps the stains but gets rid of the sweat and potential smell!
DVD Connoisseur
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by DVD Connoisseur »

Without a doubt, Todd's shirt is one of the most comfortable items I've ever worn and it looks great, too!
TruckWhatTruck
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by TruckWhatTruck »

maybe we can all start lobbying Todd to make more colors and longer sizes, so that we can enjoy an indy style shirt for every day of the week... :D
Switch625
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Switch625 »

I'm really glad to hear all of this positive feedback regarding Todd's shirt. I'm seriously considering getting one but the shirt length and it's knack for coming untucked concern me.
TruckWhatTruck
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by TruckWhatTruck »

Switch625 wrote:I'm really glad to hear all of this positive feedback regarding Todd's shirt. I'm seriously considering getting one but the shirt length and it's knack for coming untucked concern me.
understandable reservations, but i have to say, the comfort factor really makes up for them.

also, the shirt doesn't look half bad UNtucked. :D
BroadSword
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by BroadSword »

For what it's worth, I ordered a large and probably should have got a medium. I'm 5'9", 40 chest, 34 waist. For me a large doesn't have any untucking problems and I had my wife bring the shirt in on the sides. I find that the sleeves are a bit longer than what is SA. Nothing I can't live with, but I wanted to give you a reference.
Switch625
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Switch625 »

TruckWhatTruck wrote:
Switch625 wrote:I'm really glad to hear all of this positive feedback regarding Todd's shirt. I'm seriously considering getting one but the shirt length and it's knack for coming untucked concern me.
understandable reservations, but i have to say, the comfort factor really makes up for them.

also, the shirt doesn't look half bad UNtucked. :D
And if you think about it, that's really the screen accurate way to go. Indy has a hard time keeping his shirt tucked in too!
BroadSword wrote:For what it's worth, I ordered a large and probably should have got a medium. I'm 5'9", 40 chest, 34 waist. For me a large doesn't have any untucking problems and I had my wife bring the shirt in on the sides. I find that the sleeves are a bit longer than what is SA. Nothing I can't live with, but I wanted to give you a reference.
Thanks for the comparison. I'm 5'10", 42 chest, 36 waist so I think a large should be perfect!
Last edited by Switch625 on Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mark Brody
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Mark Brody »

It's really kinda hard to tell what an SA sleeve length is. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only time you ever see Indy wearing his shirt with the sleeves rolled down is in Pankot Palace. There's no way to know what is an SA length for RotLA or LC. As such, I just want a shirt with an SA fit. Meaning, Ford's shirt fit him great in the movies. I want mine to fit me great. And extra inch and a half oughta do it.
theinterchange
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by theinterchange »

I REALLY like mine. And yes, he should offer other colors, I'd be down for a white.

Randy
Mark Brody
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Mark Brody »

He used to have pictures up in another thread, but the links are broken now. I really liked the cobalt (and olive drab would look good too).

http://indygear.com/cow/viewtopic.php?t=27296
TruckWhatTruck
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by TruckWhatTruck »

theinterchange wrote:I REALLY like mine. And yes, he should offer other colors, I'd be down for a white.

Randy
i think anything in earth tones or relatively neutral/toned-down shades would be great.
Rob
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Rob »

I might have to look into a Todd's shirt.

I have one of the original WPG shirts and I was really disappointed with it.

Felt like I was wearing a potato chip packet.
TruckWhatTruck
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by TruckWhatTruck »

Rob wrote:I might have to look into a Todd's shirt.

I have one of the original WPG shirts and I was really disappointed with it.

Felt like I was wearing a potato chip packet.
unlike the debate with Todd's jackets, the shirt doesn't really have a shortcoming, that i can see. it's more SA than most, great quality and fit, pretty decent color-wise, and HALF the price of an AB! i don't think it can be beaten.

definitely look into it, rob! :D
IndyFalco
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by IndyFalco »

Oh' man, TODD's shirt...

What can I say, It's simply fantastic. The structure of the shirt is solid and can take a good beating. The material is comforting to the skin and the shape of the shirt does great things to promote the physical features of one's body.

That totally sounded like a commercial. :roll:
agent1138
Grail Recovery Volunteer
Grail Recovery Volunteer

Post by agent1138 »

I love mine. I wear it to the office on casual Fridays. Everything thinks it's pretty cool although they don't know it's an Indy shirt. I had to go with the XXL because of my broad shoulders and chest. I just wished it was a little longer and tapered more at the waist for more of a form fit look. But, I can't complain. I think Todd makes a great shirt.

It also would be nice if someone offered these in a synthetic material for travel and what not. Like ExOfficio or Royal Robbins clothing. They would dry a lot faster as well.
JC1972
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by JC1972 »

TruckWhatTruck wrote:maybe we can all start lobbying Todd to make more colors and longer sizes, so that we can enjoy an indy style shirt for every day of the week... :D
Todd had this poll about colors, which the pics had shown; I guess he took them down.

viewtopic.php?t=27296&postdays=0&postor ... rt&start=0

BTW I love my Todd's shirt. I understand the shirt is a little short but I guess that's more SA.
Bowie
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Bowie »

I agree with everyone above! Todd's is by far the the best looking and most comfortable. I have two and could very likely see getting another. :tup: :tup: for Todd!
Zombie Jones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Zombie Jones »

Mark Brody wrote:...but the XL is too big in the body without giving me the extra length.
Interesting. My Todd's XL is considerably more form-fitting in the body (i.e., below the chest) than any other XL dress shirt I own. But I concur they could be a bit longer.
jacksdad
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by jacksdad »

been looking for this thread and yes I agree I love my Todds shirt, it's comfortable and works well with me and my job,need to carry stuff so pockets work well with me. I thin I might have to get a couple more.
maboot38
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by maboot38 »

My shirt is a Wested, and I love to wear it fishing because of the spray, but I have to admit, it isn't the softest thing I've ever worn.

Can anyone with both Wested and Todd's shirts compare them for me?