Adventurebilt: Official Alden retailer

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

agent5
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by agent5 »

I'll just be glad when I get my "hero" boots in. I'm excited to get the same color as the boots worn by Ford throughout the movie and to know that only a very small group of us will receive them. This is what I want.

If the rest of you are 100% satisfied wearing the color of boots that his double or stuntman wore, then that is all good. My goal has always been to get the "hero" costume, not one thats close enough or seen on screen for a second or two.

The reddish boots seen in the truck chase were pick-up shots filmed at ILM, not on the set. Definitely not Ford, but most likley the foot of an ILM employee. At the beginning of the film when we see Indy's boots walking across the temple floor, again, most likely not Ford and most likely his stand-in, Jack Dearlove.

I want the boots the color of the ones FORD wore, not these guys.

This is such a simple proposition and I still find it hard to believe how complicated some made it. If you want THE boots, you'll get in on this one. If you're cool with reddish boots or don't like the price... then push on. Simplicity at it's best.
Indiana Strones
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Indiana Strones »

I suspect that reddish Aldens were used in some LC scenes...

agent5
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by agent5 »

Yes. I believe that particular shade of brown used on the Raiders boots was discontinued some time soon after the films release. I'm strictly a Raiders collector so Marcs boots are crucial to me.
Indiana Strones
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

agent5 wrote:Yes. I believe that particular shade of brown used on the Raiders boots was discontinued some time soon after the films release. I'm strictly a Raiders collector so Marcs boots are crucial to me.
Yes, I too ordered Marc boots, but it's interesting to know that also our reddish boots perhaps are SA... :roll:
Indiana G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Indiana G »

i found that pic in 'the complete making..." book which confirmed to me that the boots in the "leap from the lions head" scene were of the usual suspects. thats the only pic/scene i know of that has those boots. i thought that indy 4 would be stuck with the reddish boots for the production but i think they got the pair from archives.

i thought about living with the red boots based on LC....but then i'd have to get that short brimmed stetson (no thanks).
rbinko2001
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by rbinko2001 »

... and in the case of that Last Crusade pic, the reddish-brown boots are also "Hero" boots, too.
sneakertinker
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by sneakertinker »

Those of us who ordered the boots from Marc really have our bases covered now if we also own the general reddish brown 405's that are being sold today...There is no way our feet can not be SA now...lol...
Jedinizar
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Jedinizar »

Hi Marc any news about the boots????
Indiana Strones
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

AB boots... Henry... this wait is killing me! #-o
Marc
Vendor

Post by Marc »

I got a notification, that all boots will be shipping start of October. I had hoped to receive them by now but as with any other AB gear, the devil is in the detail ;-)

I'm REALLY looking forward to getting them myself!!!

Regards,

Marc
Neolithic
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Neolithic »

Whoo! :)
sneakertinker
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by sneakertinker »

Right on!! Cannot wait for these...
Indiana Strones
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Marc wrote: as with any other AB gear, the devil is in the detail ;-)
And in the price... :-s
swa737
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by swa737 »

I ordered a 10 1/2 with Mark. I recently found out that a 10 may be a better fit for me. If there is anyone out there that ordered a 10 that would like to swap for my 10 1/2 then please let me know. :mrgreen: