LC Jacket Specs

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

TCS
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

LC Jacket Specs

Post by TCS »

I know this has probably covered before but I would like the specs for the LC jacket. I am thinking about getting one in washed goat but I'm not that fimilar with this jacket, and would like it SA. If someone could provide me with this information or even a link I would greatly appreciate it. THANKS!!!
CM
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by CM »

If you're not familiar with it and not passionate about the look, then why worry? Just buy a standard LC from Wested. Strange question. However, maybe if you ask Holt nicely he might provide his specs which are pretty accurate. Made by Wested for someone who is passionate about this design.
Indiana Strones
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Indiana Strones »

Wested LC standard jacket is accurate enough (more than Raiders...) so you don't need to ask for something particular IMO.
CM
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by CM »

Indiana Strones wrote:Wested LC standard jacket is accurate enough (more than Raiders...) so you don't need to ask for something particular IMO.
Yeah right... the standard Wested is far off. But, if you don't know the LC very well, it looks fine. Matter of fact, all the jackets by every vendor are superb if you're not familiar with the actual item they are trying to emulate, don't you think?
gwyddion
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by gwyddion »

CM wrote:
Indiana Strones wrote:Wested LC standard jacket is accurate enough (more than Raiders...) so you don't need to ask for something particular IMO.
Yeah right... the standard Wested is far off. But, if you don't know the LC very well, it looks fine. Matter of fact, all the jackets by every vendor are superb if you're not familiar with the actual item they are trying to emulate, don't you think?
and what about Tony Nowak then? :wink: :lol:

But you are right. The Wested LC isn't SA. Not unless you throw a heap of specs at them. I chose not to bother with my Novapelle LC since the laether wouldn't even look SA and I liked the jacket the way it is. It might not be SA, but I like the mixture of LC and CS they got going here with that jacket.

Who knows, maybe I'll win the lottery this month and be able to buy a TN and own a truely SA jacket. But for now I am satisfied with my ROLA Special and Novapelle LC which do breathe the Indy atmosphere IMO.

Regards, Geert
coronado3
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by coronado3 »

I believe TCS is saying that he likes the looks of the LC jacket but needs info such as pocket sizes, flap size, placement, yoke placement, etc....

Holt? You have this info?
TCS
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by TCS »

THANK YOU!!! That's exactly what I am looking for.
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

leave the yolk as it is.it is perfect.

leave also how the armholes are cut.the sleeves and body.

make sure you let them make a rounded tip collar, and smaller pockets with a BIG scalloped pocketflap. and let them place it about 3'' from bottom.let them also omit the hem stitch.
TCS
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by TCS »

Thanks Holt. How about the lining, facings, stiching on straps, and hardware?
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

no facings.narrow small strap box. :wink:
Toldog07
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Toldog07 »

what about the zipper??
Bruce Wayne
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Bruce Wayne »

what is the difference in length between a raiders & a last crusade?
thanx!!!
Charlie
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

LC was the shortes jacket,the raiders was about 1.5'' longer..I think.
indyrocks
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by indyrocks »

Indiana Holt wrote:LC was the shortes jacket,the raiders was about 1.5'' longer..I think.
I was JUST thinking that while my fiance and I watched LC yesterday. Although I thought it was just me, never realized it was true. Sometimes it looks a bit short in Raiders also, but you must be right Holt.

Is Wested's LC shorter than their Raiders or do you need to request that?
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

IMO Be very careful when choosing the length of your jacket, it's very easy to order something too short in pursuit of SA and end up with something you are uncomfortable wearing day to day. I suggest you err on the side of caution and order to the length you feel is comfortable. Look at how the jacket falls compared to his rear pockets (eg the 'birds in the sky" sequence) and measure on yourself accordingly.

If you look at full length pics of Ford you notice that he has quite a short torso and long legs, so the proportions that are right for him may not be right for you.
Bruce Wayne
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Bruce Wayne »

Kt Templar wrote:If you look at full length pics of Ford you notice that he has quite a short torso and long legs, so the proportions that are right for him may not be right for you.
i have always noticed that. i am the exact opposite, i have short legs & a simi-long torso. when i ordered my nowak jacket, he thought i was loosing my mind when i requested a length of 31" the fact of the matter is that i lost my mind ages ago. seriously, if you look on the preview where mutt says "you're a teacher?" & indy says "part time" the pocket height from bottom to the top of the flap falls about halfway between his pants. my jacket is HUGE compard to mr. ford's jacket, but it looks perfect on me lengthwise. while on the other hand i ordered a custom wested raiders novapelle, but i failed to request the length in the notation box, the the overall length is 27 inches which is at least three inches too short to be sa looking on me...
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

I just did this for fun.

this jacket is a regular 44 with backlength of 25.5''

looks and fits pretty much the same as it does on ford when I see the two pictures next to eachother,I actually just see pretty much the same jacket..minor,minor details that is quite SA...but..ahh well

all this time I was so concerned that the jacket was to short..but when I compared the two jackets and I know my height is the same as Ford I see that it needs to be in this length...so,yes..pretty short..but just like in the movie

Last edited by Holt on Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
crismans
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by crismans »

This is one of those areas where I sacrifice a little bit of SA for comfort. I've always liked a longer jacket so I'll get mine a little longer. Again, not totally SA, but I feel more comfortable in it and that's more important to me.
Arca Perdida
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Arca Perdida »

bruce wayne wrote:what is the difference in length between a raiders & a last crusade?
thanx!!!
Charlie
I'm not sure what the answer is as far as the movies go. However, another member has posted comparison pics in this thread http://indygear.com/cow/viewtopic.php?t=33585 and his LC is about an inch longer than his Raiders.
Toldog07
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Toldog07 »

how about the zipper type??
Kevin Anderson
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Kevin Anderson »

I've just got to say, in that side-by-side pic Holt, it looks like you're wearing an undistressed movie jacket, it's just so close!
And you wanted to sell it! For shame! :)