Introduction or reintroduction

From falls & poppers to plaiting & cracking technique, this section is dedicated in memory of Sergei, IndyGear Staff Member and Whip Guru. Always remember to keep "Celebratin' Life!"

Moderator: BullWhipBorton

IndyWhips
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Introduction or reintroduction

Post by IndyWhips »

I was on the C.O.W forums for a while before under my name.. :oops:

I left for many reasons non of which were anything to do with the forum itself or any of the members here, everything to do with a whip related happening in real life here in the UK but being a gentleman I'll not say anything about that on an open forum, I must say though that I never felt fully comfortable here to be honest just because my site is not really geared up to the Indy style whip as such (my thoughts, I certainly wasn't made to feel that way)...but how things change :D

Anyway as far as I know I didn't pick up any work from here directly (If I did you should of declared yourself I'd of probably given you a discount) but when the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull film was released I think like all the worlds whipmakers I got my fair share of orders, I quite enjoyed the balance in my work book of long stuff aswell as short so with that in mind I thought I'd look for a bit of wording and history on the net to add to the small section that relates to Indy and make that section a bit more search engine friendly....

I typed Indy Whips into good old google and one of the first things that popped up was the domain name for sale...in a rash moment of madness I bought it.... :o

So the site is not finished yet, I'm waiting for a Raiders style whip thats in my work book to get to the front page so I can photograph it and I've got to load a few bits on the testamonial page but other than that it's pretty much there.....

My favorite page is *Pairs*

Lots here know me already and have stayed in touch via email whilst I've been gone, so anyways this is just a hello again folks....

Best Wishes 8)

Tony
jabahutt70
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by jabahutt70 »

Hey Tony, good to see you back! What forums like this need is whipmakers who have good bits of knowledge and like to start interesting debates :lol: . Anyway, good to see you back.

Steve.
Shagbd
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Shagbd »

good job!
welcome back and I like the new site!
The descriptions given for each whip is spot on!!!
Cracker
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Cracker »

Welcome back Tony !! I always enjoyed your input on the forum. The short time I've been a member here I've seen a little bit of shift to other whips other than just the traditional Morgan. It think the KOTCS whips helped that migration some, since they are a different design, different knots, color, etc., than the traditional Indy whips. I actually like the look better. To me, the most important aspect of COW, is the knowledge of the of the whip makers that frequent here, so I'm glad your back.

Your new site is looking great and I look forward to seeing the updates!!

Jim
Indiana Strones
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Indiana Strones »

Welcome back Mr. IndyWhips! :D
LemonLauren
Vendor

Post by LemonLauren »

Tony, it's great to see you back here! I enjoy your perspective on whipmaking, and I think your experience in both 'roo and nylon is a real asset to this forum. :-) Hooray!

Lauren Wickline
www.midwestwhips.com
BullWhipBorton

Post by BullWhipBorton »

Hey Tony, Welcome back to Club Obi Wan. Good to see you again.

Dan