New whips

From falls & poppers to plaiting & cracking technique, this section is dedicated in memory of Sergei, IndyGear Staff Member and Whip Guru. Always remember to keep "Celebratin' Life!"

Moderator: BullWhipBorton

purewhips
Vendor

New whips

Post by purewhips »

Hi here are a few pictures of the whips that I will now be offering on my site. They have a 3rd belly (bolster) which give it more beef. :lol: Also it is heavier and thicker then before. Doing this extra also involves adjusting the overlay and balancing the whip.

Many have asked for a draker whip. I did that also. I did a comparison shot of my affordable whip to the new size of the bigger whip. That is now the size of all the whips. I am no longer making the thinner whip. I want people that purchase a whip from me to have a good looking and very functional whip at a great price. Yes it's a little more then what I was charging before but I am also doing more to the whip. Also the cost of leather has gone up.

http://purewhips.com/images/indyhdl.jpg

http://purewhips.com/images/br_indy3.jpg

http://purewhips.com/images/8plbig2.jpg
Last edited by purewhips on Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jabahutt70
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by jabahutt70 »

I'm a little confused, Gus. Is it a 3rd plaited belly, or an extra bolster? The reason I ask is because the word bolster was in parenthesis next to the word belly.

Steve.
purewhips
Vendor

Post by purewhips »

Its the bolster. Thanks.
TurnerME
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by TurnerME »

Gus, those new whips look great!

I am now even more excited to get my stockwhips (Which I ordered from Gus today).

I just have to endure the wait period now. Keep up the good work.
monolith21
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by monolith21 »

My whip just arrived a few days ago and it is awesome! I ordered it to these specs and its awesome! I'm relatively novice but I've owned two whips previously and this one out cracks both of them with ease!
Canuck Digger
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Canuck Digger »

Wow! That's quite a difference in size from the old model Gus! I'm sure this will be very fun to crack.

Just how thick is the leaher you use to be able to make such a slim whip with (what I assume was) 2 bellies and 2 bolsters?

So this third bolster is on top of the second bolster? How far down do you take this last bolster?
scot2525
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by scot2525 »

As the proud owner of Gus' new style Indy whip I can say it is definitly one of the more underrated whips on the market today.
purewhips
Vendor

Post by purewhips »

Hey Canuck Digger the last bolster is like an overall boslter that I take out about 5ft and is tapered. Thanks.

Scott and Monolith really happy you like these whips. Thanks.
G8RBYTE
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by G8RBYTE »

Gus, I upgraded my order for an 8ft 12pl Indy to include your latest and greatest improvements.

I can't wait to git crackin' and post some pics.

Arden