How to get grease spot off of New Alden (JCREW) substitutes

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

Blackthorne Rose
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

How to get grease spot off of New Alden (JCREW) substitutes

Post by Blackthorne Rose »

Being the sloppy beast that I am, I managed to get a drop of grease from a burger on my brand new Jcrew's Decker boots? Does anyone know how to get off grease stains from leather. It is a very noticeable dark stain on my pumpkin color leather and really stands out.
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

About all you can do is darken them more by giving them a good treatment of standard Pecards, brown Pecards or like oil based dressing. Aldens are made from dry tanned leather, and unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on your point of view) will sop up oil like a sponge. That's why we have always suggested the use of the dressings as they add the oils to the leather, and block any other penetrating type fluids. Since this is an oil based drop, you'll need to consider just darkening the shoe to match. Regards. Michaelson
Dr._J
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Dr._J »

Or start eating lighter colored food. :shock:
Harry Steele
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Harry Steele »

Sorry about the grease. If you think of it as oil from the underside of an ArK bearing, Nazi truck (hate those guys) it might help. You've taken Alden distressing a step further.

Cheers,

Harry