Jacket in Smithsonian

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Dr. Banzai
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Jacket in Smithsonian

Post by Dr. Banzai »

Planning a family outing to the Smithsonian next week, and I would like to see the jacket and fedora they have on display. Does anyone know its exact location (i.e: which museum, which wing, etc.). We'll only have a day and I know my wife and kids are going to want to get on the Natural History, Air & Space, etc.
eazybox
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by eazybox »

Unless they've been moved since I last heard, they are in the National Museum Of American History, third floor, Pop Culture section, next to Spock's phaser from "Star Trek."

Jack
Bufflehead Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Bufflehead Jones »

Yes, it was in the American History Museum, but the American History Museum has been closed for about two years for renovation. It is due to reopen this fall, on November 21. When it reopens, I don't know if or where it will be displayed. With the release of a new Indiana Jones movie, I would certainly hope that they would include it in their displays, hopefully not overshadowed by Spock this time.
BOINKFFD
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by BOINKFFD »

I was in DC last April and the American History was closed as Bufflehead said. But I thought it would open sooner. Anyhow, Im returning to the National Fire Academy in December and plan to make a weekend back in DC. I will get pictures and post when I do.

Hope it is still there.