Colors

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

gabrielle
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Colors

Post by gabrielle »

Does anyone have examples of the different available colors so we can see them in comparison?

Sahara
Pecan
Sage
etc....

I know Jimmy offers a bunch of different colors, but it would be nice if we had some kind of palette to compare them.
YARVTON
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

different colors

Post by YARVTON »

If only someone would photograph them under the same lighting conditions! Pecan was a popular color through the 1940's. I like Walnut and Almond as well, though one needs to see what the Hatmaker is using since there are no absolute standards.
Chewbacca Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Chewbacca Jones »

I have samples from another hat maker that include those color names. Would you like me to try to photograph them?

I also own a hat made of pecan colored felt. It's one of those "blends with what you're wearing" colors. Very nice. Very versatile. Remember, this is not a JPD, but should be in the ballpark of his Pecan.

gabrielle
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by gabrielle »

Chewbacca Jones wrote:I have samples from another hat maker that include those color names. Would you like me to try to photograph them?

I also own a hat made of pecan colored felt. It's one of those "blends with what you're wearing" colors. Very nice. Very versatile. Remember, this is not a JPD, but should be in the ballpark of his Pecan.

That's a very sharp hat and I would love to see the other colors if you have the time!
Chewbacca Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Thanks Gabrielle.

OK, I took several pictures of the samples. Outside, I didn't move them or touch them between shots. I basically took a picture with every setting on my camera, with and without flash. I discarded the really bad ones. These should give you an idea of what to expect from felts of a similar name. At least from the custom hatters, because they often use the same suppliers.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27810273@N ... 564372529/
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Post by binkmeisterRick »

Awful nice of you to cut up your hats for that, Chewie. :lol: :wink:
MustangLoverMex
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by MustangLoverMex »

:rolling:
Btw, those colors looks pretty good! Thanks for posting CJ!

-Alfonso :D
toobacat
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by toobacat »

Here's a dark moss.

gabrielle
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by gabrielle »

Thanks very much for the posted colors! This is just what we need because so many of the colors sound interesting, but a lot of us don't really know what it would look like. I really love the pecan and have been thinking of getting a non Indy C-crown with bound brim in that color...
Chewbacca Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

binkmeisterRick wrote:Awful nice of you to cut up your hats for that, Chewie. :lol: :wink:
I was tired of those, anyway. I decided to get all new hats for next winter! :wink:

Toobacat; That looks like one of Art's creations. Am I right?

Gabrielle; Be warned. Bound brims are very addictive. If you order from Jimmy, keep in mind his standard bound edge is thinner than what you see on my pecan hat. Also, if you need any advice on non-Indy hats, just let me know. We live fairly close, so if you want to see some in person, I'd be happy to oblige.
toobacat
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by toobacat »

Chewbacca Jones wrote: Toobacat; That looks like one of Art's creations. Am I right?
Yes, it's one of Art's.
Chewbacca Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

toobacat wrote:
Chewbacca Jones wrote: Toobacat; That looks like one of Art's creations. Am I right?
Yes, it's one of Art's.

:tup: Brothers in Arms... or is it Heads... or maybe Lids... I'm so confused.