Alden order backordered

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

rbinko2001
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Alden order backordered

Post by rbinko2001 »

This Friday will be exactly 11 weeks ago to the day that I ordered my Alden 405's size 13D's. I just got a call from a guy at the shoe store and he told me he called Aldens today, inquiring about my order, and they told him it would be another 4-6 weeks. That means a total of possibly 15-17 weeks for my boots. Total bummer! Anyone else having this sort of luck, as well?
Indiana Williams
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Indiana Williams »

Sorry to hear about you having to wait so long for your aldens. There well worth the wait though, like most of the items you aquire after being on this forum :wink: . Back when I bought my aldens from schmidty he mentioned most of his sizes would have to be back ordered. Hope the wait goes by fast for you.
Best Regards,
Joe
Indiana G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Re: Alden order backordered

Post by Indiana G »

rbinko2001 wrote:This Friday will be exactly 11 weeks ago to the day that I ordered my Alden 405's size 13D's. I just got a call from a guy at the shoe store and he told me he called Aldens today, inquiring about my order, and they told him it would be another 4-6 weeks. That means a total of possibly 15-17 weeks for my boots. Total bummer! Anyone else having this sort of luck, as well?
happened to me too. mine was a custom order. i waited 6 months to find out that it'd be another 4 months......that's when i cancelled my order.
IndianaGear Hunter
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by IndianaGear Hunter »

I know I ordered mine back in June from Schmidty and he told me about 6 weeks. I am betting he is experiencing the same delay since Schmidty has not received them yet.

IG Hunter
msrowe88
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by msrowe88 »

Boo!
I hate backorders. They can at least tell you before you order.
rbinko2001
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by rbinko2001 »

The guy did tell me that Aldens said it would be 12-14 weeks before the boots came in. Now Aldens is saying it will be an extra 4-6 weeks. These boots better be worth it.
Cassidy
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Cassidy »

That's nothing! Most of us had to wait 20 years. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
PSBIndy
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by PSBIndy »

I got mine in 5 days. (size 10.5E) :D
schmidty612
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by schmidty612 »

Hey All,

I spoke with Alden while ordering still more 405's, and they said this is the biggest backorder they've had on this shoe. Gee, I wonder why? :lol: Anyway, I know it's driving me nuts making all of my friends here at COW wait for their boots this long, I can only Imagine how those of you waiting must feel!! I'll let you know as soon as I hear something...

PSBIndy, out of curiosity, when did you order your 10.5 E's? I've had 2 pair on order since early June...my patience is waning.

schmidty
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

So, does that also affect my promised August 26th delivery date, schmidty? I'm on week 14 myself, ordering a pair from you on May 7th. :?

Regards! Michaelson
schmidty612
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by schmidty612 »

Let me investigate things Michaelson.....
Last edited by schmidty612 on Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
schmidty612
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by schmidty612 »

Michaelson, I got an "approximate delivery" post card from Alden, you are looking at September 11th for delivery. Here's hoping it's sooner, but I'll keep you posted.

schmidty
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Thanks! So mine were pushed over two weeks later than the first approximate delivery date of the 26th of August.

I'd understand if my shoe size was unusual, but it's not. My last pair (received late last year) were taken right off the shelf and shipped the next day from a small store on the West coast.
These are going to be a backup pair, and I wanted to do business to a member of our community instead of an outside firm this time. :(

Schmidty, if it's going to be any later, please let me know asap.

If this floats any further out, I may be cancelling my order. We'll be running into Christmas shopping time, and the shoe buying monies may not be available if this drags on too long. :?

Regard! Michaelson
schmidty612
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by schmidty612 »

I understand Michaelson. If I could light a fire under Alden's rear end, I would. I'll keep you posted.

Schmidty
PSBIndy
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by PSBIndy »

schmidty612 wrote:Hey All,

I spoke with Alden while ordering still more 405's, and they said this is the biggest backorder they've had on this shoe. Gee, I wonder why? :lol: Anyway, I know it's driving me nuts making all of my friends here at COW wait for their boots this long, I can only Imagine how those of you waiting must feel!! I'll let you know as soon as I hear something...

PSBIndy, out of curiosity, when did you order your 10.5 E's? I've had 2 pair on order since early June...my patience is waning.

schmidty
I ordered mine in late May/beginning of June (can't remember exactly when).......it's funny....when I initially called, they told me that they didn't have any 10's or 10.5's.......next day, they called me back and said that they had a 10.5E after some "digging around"......and I got it in 5 days.
Indiana Jake
Dig Leader
Dig Leader
Location: Seated in a Pan Am Sea Plane, flying over a map of Glendale, CA

Post by Indiana Jake »

A week or two before May 22, I ordered my 405's from the Alden Shop in San Franciso. My 11 wide was in stock. Has anyone else tried this company? I was quite pleased.

Indiana Jake