4 year-old Indy!?!?!?!?

From falls & poppers to plaiting & cracking technique, this section is dedicated in memory of Sergei, IndyGear Staff Member and Whip Guru. Always remember to keep "Celebratin' Life!"

Moderator: BullWhipBorton

AlexL3000
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

4 year-old Indy!?!?!?!?

Post by AlexL3000 »

Yesterday I was outside cracking my whip and my little cousin Gabriel came outside to see me (he is only 4 and loves Indiana Jones :shock: ) well first of let me tell you, I had an old whip which was made for me by a family friend when I went to Guatemala to go see some family. It turned out my great uncle had a friend who made small whips to herd sheep. he found out i had wanted a whip for a long time , so he took me to his friend and i told him what i wanted, an Indiana jones whip, longer than what he usually makes and not a swivel-handle. and in a week i had my first whip! :D
it was not the best but it was nice and it was my first whip so i did not complain. well now that i have my new whip (the Del Carpio) i gave my old one to my little cousin because he really wanted it. cut to yesterday and he comes out with it and starts to crack the whip like a professional!!!!!! :shock: he can only do the overhead crack because that is the only one that works (this whip is like a wet noodle) and it was the one he saw me do countless of times. and i was just so amazed at what he was doing i taped him and here you have it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrKtKhLgAPQ
Indiana Neri
Dig Leader
Dig Leader
Location: Rhode Island: The Tiny State That's Actually NOT An Island...and no, I'm not from "Quahog"

Post by Indiana Neri »

That has to be the funniest, most adorable thing I've ever seen on YouTube. I can't wait for my newborn nephew to be that age (he was born in April). I remember being that small and wanting to be virtually every character from the latest movie (Indy, Dick Tracy, Batman, even John McClane).

:wink:
AlexL3000
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by AlexL3000 »

lol :D
he loves batman to
maybe i can get a vid of that to (he has the costume)
kooniu
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by kooniu »

start early - will be great whipcracker :P
Canuck Digger
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Canuck Digger »

OMG! Toooooo cute!!!! I was smiling the whole way through! This kid has a future in whipcracking! My god!
Solent MKIII
Museum Curator
Museum Curator
Location: Sharing living space with a near-sighted scrap pile

Post by Solent MKIII »

Pretty dang cool - kid's already got good form. :junior:
rick5150
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by rick5150 »

It would be a lot cuter if he was wearing eye protection.
Marhala
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Marhala »

Great vid, Alex! It made me remember when I came back from the saddlemaker and handed my father the bullwhip I bought when I was nine and told him: Teach me how! :shock: Of course, he had no idea... LOL. #-o :lol:

By the way, the whip you gave to your nephew looks great. It's great to see the Indy spirit passes on to the next generation!

All the Best.
myrddin
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by myrddin »

That's cute. :)

Last May, a friend of mine was in town. He was excited about Indy 4 and wanted to learn how to crack a whip, so we went out in the back yard with the old Mexican 6 footer I had (the only whip I had at the time) and I showed him. My 2.5 year old came down to watch.

About a month later, I had been cleaning out my office and my whip was on the side table. My son was wandering around while working at my desk. Then I heard this whoosh behind me. My son was trying to do forward throws! With good form!

I said we need to go outside to do that. He said ok and on the way out of my office, he grabbed my old aussie "dry as a bone" hat and put it on. I've never worn an Indy type hat while cracking and I haven't even worn that hat in a while, but somehow my son knew that the hat went with the whip. ;)

No, I don't let him do it very offten, and he condition of that whip, it's like throwing a piece of rope around, but he sure looks cute doing it. I'll try to post pictures later.
TurnerME
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by TurnerME »

That video is the highlight of my day. Thanks for posting.
nicktheguy
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by nicktheguy »

I'd say that kid's a natural.
Alex
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Alex »

Cool!! My son is sitting next to me watching this and just bugging me to death about being careful and using a whip too. Great....Now I have to get him one too. :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
AlexL3000
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by AlexL3000 »

Thanks every one for responding
I will most certainly get some good eye protection for him and maybe even a hat! :)
he did some more cracking today

~Alex

oh and just to be clear he is my cousin not my nephew lol :D
Shagbd
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Shagbd »

dear god i couldnt learn to do an overheard until i was 9, thats awesome!
Marhala
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Marhala »

Sorry! I knew something was not quite right. Your cousin. It's just that when I see a kid that age, I invariably think he should be your cousin, and it's been a long time since I last had a cousin that age! #-o I think I didn't want to feel alone in my adulthood!

All the best.
Indiana Jess
Scoundrel

Post by Indiana Jess »

The true heir to the Indy throne when Ford is no longer around
scot2525
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by scot2525 »

My son, whom is also 4, watched this video with me. I informed him he needed to play/practice more if he wanted to get that good.

He says " Daddy get me a real whip like yours and I can do that." :shock:

All my son has is the Hasbro Indy whip.
Kentucky Blues
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Kentucky Blues »

I can't even do that crack....

-KB :(
Kiscien
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Kiscien »

He crack very nice :). What whip he use?

I have to praise my self ;). This is my brother year ago : http://pl.youtube.com/watch?v=IoA5d7EkKlU. He was 9. Now he crack on two hands with 3,5 ft stockwhips :D. It looks very funny when some peoples about 25 come to learn cattleman's crack and he(10) crack same crack on different timing, or he's doing some other cracks :D. They are very confused when they see it :).

Regards,
Karol