Guns in the Toyshop..........

Need help finding an Indy Gun, want to discuss film used guns...

Moderator: Cajunkraut

IndyTaz
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Guns in the Toyshop..........

Post by IndyTaz »

:D G'day folks....

Well as alot of you know. I had a big heap of trouble trying to get a decent S&W replica into Tasmania. In fact my Artsee1 was eaten by Mr. Customs!!!

So I have developed a new hobby LOL Perusing toy stores and buying up plastic guns ect to convert to realistic looking props.

Here's a few potentials I recently purchased. I have another 5 or so...I'll post pics as I take them. What does amaze me is what customs allow through...

This one got $10 or so. It's cool because the chamber opens...it takes caps.

This one is all metal. Another cap gun. Anyone else find any cool gun toys? No airsofts......

Regards
TAZ
Indyfan U.K
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Re: Guns in the Toyshop..........

Post by Indyfan U.K »

This one is all metal. Another cap gun. Anyone else find any cool gun toys? No airsofts......

Wow have you got an Idea of the brand of the second one, that's pretty cool. All the cap guns in the U.K are bright blue or orange :shock:
IndyTaz
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by IndyTaz »

:lol: No idea mate. I found it in one of those cheap chinese stores. It doesn't even have any brand on it LOL

Sorry.

Regards
TAZ
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Looks like a copy of a S&W model 586.

Regards! Michaelson
Dr. Cooley
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Dr. Cooley »

G'day Taz,
I live in Townsville and just got a resin s&w off that auction site. They marked it as model kit and was never even touched by customs. Give us a yell if you need the website they supplied.
IndyTaz
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by IndyTaz »

:D Mighty nice of you to offer matey:) Please do drop me a line with the details to:

christianmurfet@aapt.net.au

I have found a new hobby. Collecting Toy firearms LOL Not airsofts....but toyshop varieties. Amazing what you can find. Check this out! I found a pump action shotgun....It pumps and the cartridges load exactly like a real one LOL Then it fires and ejects them $13 LOL

Regards
TAZ
Indiana Joosse
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indiana Joosse »

The Dutch gun law is also a big problem over here. Replicas are out of the question.

It even goes so far that most toy guns are officially illegal as well.

I once bought a toy gun from a toyshop, and then crossed the road to the police station. I showed them the gun and asked them if it was illegal.

They said yes, and that I should turn it in or face possible charges.

I did that, and told them I had just bought it in the toyshop across the road. I even showed them the receipt.

They just shrugged and took my toy gun. Having proved my point, I decided to leave it at that.
enigmata_wood
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Re: Guns in the Toyshop..........

Post by enigmata_wood »

IndyTaz wrote::D G'day folks....

What does amaze me is what customs allow through...

Regards
TAZ
yup, a few years ago I went to Ireland during the Mad Cow Desease epidemic in England. At the ferry port they stopped me and an unsurprisingly obese customs officer confiscated My ham [not even beef] sandwiches, but didn't notice the leatherman with its 4" blade in the same bag!