Close enough boots?

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

TheMechanic
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Close enough boots?

Post by TheMechanic »

What do you guys think of these? I'm thinking of getting a pair and I thought I's share.

http://www.brokenspokewesternwear.com/i ... ts_id=4727
MustangLoverMex
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by MustangLoverMex »

I'm not an expert, but those look pretty good to me! If i had the money, i would go for them! :wink:

-Alfonso :D
theman
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by theman »

Looks like a really nice boot and should be comfortable... Although the soles look way too new-age to be really Jonesy, but I doubt most common-folk would notice.
TheMechanic
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by TheMechanic »

I had a pair or Rockey work boots about 3 years ago. They were more like hiking boots but they were russet colored leather and they had the same exact moc toe stitching on them as the Aldens. The only real difference was the Rocky's had rubber soles. They were the closest I've ever seen to Alden's and they were only $65.00. Too bad they don't make them anymore.

But for only $100.00 I think these are pretty close. I wish they were closer but for the price they're pretty good.

Cool to see you here Dan.
david villa
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by david villa »

I found these, which I TOTALLY dig, on ebay.

$49.95 plus shipping. Bacco Bucci. Previously owned, but near new. I think I was searching brown boots or something similar.

They are not Aldens, or Red Wings, or Orvis, or Rockports, nor are they screen accurate, but I'm gonna use them as daily wear, and as part of the halloween costume this year!

Very comfortable!

dv
Indiana MarkVII
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Indiana MarkVII »

The Mechanic wrote: http://www.brokenspokewesternwear.com/i ... ts_id=4727

They look like a good buy if the size is right for you. They only come in Medium (D) and Wide (E or EE), so if that works for you, great.

I need an extremely narrow fit, so I'm jazzed that the real boot, the Alden 405, comes in my size. None of the close enough boots ever come close to what I need. Good luck with the proper fit.