Shirts: Todds Vs. Magnoli

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

McFly
Scoundrel

Shirts: Todds Vs. Magnoli

Post by McFly »

I just got my Todd's small shirt today and thought I'd post up a quick review / comparison with the Todd's against my Magnoli. Here you go! Hope you guys find some good use out of it. :wink: I'm going to do little rating things, too - because everybody knows that's fun.

SIZE
I was actually a little surprised at how small the small is! If you think you're small, you better be! The length on the Todd's from shoulder to cuff is 23" - I think Todd posted these somewhere before, but just in case, there ya go. Also, the length from what would be the collar stand (I think) to the bottom of the shirt is 30". For not being a custom tailored shirt, this one fit me pretty much just like one! Obviously you can't compare fitting a standard sized shirt to a custom shirt, but with the small being exactly what it says it is (small!), I'm going to say Todd's pretty much covered all the bases. I think these shirts should fit most anybody who needs one! Good points for Todd there, and although mine might actually be a teeeeeeeeency bit small in the shoulders, and I'd prefer it a little longer, it's no problem and it doesn't affect my enjoyment of the shirt.

Magnoli: 5/5
Todd: 4/5

FEEL
The Magnoli comes in a nice soft material that gets softer as you wash it. It's never stiff, and it just sort of feels like a shirt you've had for a long time. I'm a big fan of the way his shirt feels, and I still think it's my favorite shirt to wear. The Todd's shirt felt just a little bit more stiff (just because it's a different material), but it's not uncomfortable at all. It feels comfortable, and I think probably with more washing, it'll just get softer. Neither shirt feels like a "costume" shirt to me - they both feel durable enough to take on a trip and tough enough to shimmy against an ancient temple wall with. I wouldn't worry about either of these shirts if I was "oot and aboot."

Todd: 4/5

CRAFTSMANSHIP
Both shirts look fantastic, with little to no loose threads, and with everything finished nicely. Nothing hangs out and flaps around that's not supposed to, and you don't have to tuck in anything unsightly. :wink: Both excellent!

Todd: 5/5

COLOR
I really, really like the color of this Todd's shirt. When I put this shirt on to take some pictures, I really felt like it was my INDY shirt. It may not be a good Cairo color, but I think it's perfect for wearing the jacket with - and I'm sure if you take it outside the sun will kill some of the color for photos anyway. The Magnoli is the closest color I could get, but it really only looks best when you take the jacket off, and when you have it ON... well the sun can't add more khaki to your pictures. :wink:

Magnoli: 3/5
Todd: 5/5

WRINKLE Factor!
After throwing the Todd's through a quick wash and dry - it shrinks a TAD - it's got those really nice wrinkles on the pleats and and seams. Unfortunately I can't comment on the Magnoli wrinkles because my shirt was one of the first ones made, so the pleats are double stitched and can't wrinkle, even if they wanted to. You can tell they're trying, but they just can't. So no points or anything here, but the Todd's does the job!

OVERALL:
I really like this Todd's shirt. I'm excited to start wearing it just for fun, and also with the rest of my gear. I think it looks fantastic, and feels pretty comfortable, too! I'm loving the wrinkles and color, and the size is just killer. Great shirt!! I think this thing can hold its own when compared to even the top tier shirts like the MBA, Wested, or Magnoli. Look out guys - Todd's on the charts!!

Here's a few pictures! I hope you'll excuse the hat. :wink: Also, I've left the shirt untucked so you can see the comparative length (though I guess the jacket does that for you, too). Jacket is a Wested Auth. Lamb Raiders.

Thanks for reading!
Shane

TODD

MAGNOLI

Cabela's? :lol: :P
Last edited by McFly on Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:27 am, edited 3 times in total.
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

both look great. :tup:
I cant whait for my Magnolis to arrive.

yes I agree with you on the size of the todds shirt.

I am letting 2 of my Large shirts go soon cuase they are too small for me,too narrow...other then that they are perfect

congrats
Holt
Indiana Williams
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Indiana Williams »

That is one handsome shirt , Shane :wink: It looks pretty dead on IMO to the Riaders shirt. Man I wish I atleast knew when I was getting mine. Enjoy the shirt my friend.
Best Regards,
Joe
WinstonWolf359
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by WinstonWolf359 »

Looks good, thanks for the review!

To my eye Todd's shirt seems to fit you better, especially in the arms, and that color looks REALLY good. Hopefully as Todd's shirt gets a few more washes it'll start to soften up even more.

Congrats! :)
McFly
Scoundrel

Post by McFly »

Thanks!

Yes, I prefer the way the Todd's fits in the arms, but then, I'm not the best at measuring myself for custom clothes - as Magnoli can attest to!!! :lol: :oops: ](*,)

Shane
Anderson
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Anderson »

What size chest are you?
McFly
Scoundrel

Post by McFly »

I'm pretty sure I'm a 34... :-k I might be off by an inch or so, though. It's probably 34.

Shane
myamoebafriend
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by myamoebafriend »

Great review Shane! This is making me even more excited to get my shirt. Two more days till it's here. Anyway, I know what to expect when I get it now.
Zombie Jones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Zombie Jones »

Thanks for the review Shane! I'd love to get one of Todd's shirts, but I need an XL and only God knows when his manufacturer will supply him with shirts that meet his approval. :roll:
Playmount
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Playmount »

This Todd's small looks even more SA than his large in regard to a minute detail. Look at the button placement and spacing. The button right in the middle of the shirt lines up with the bottom of the pockets (or just a smidgen below), much closer to the way it appears in Raiders and on Todd's prototype. :tup: Hopefully the medium will be somewhere in between.

ImageImage
ImageImage
McFly
Scoundrel

Post by McFly »

Good eye for detail! That might not be too minute for anybody to see, but I wouldn't even think to look at the buttons! Glad to know my shirt is alright there! :D

Shane