Gear seller in singapore, have you some of these ones?

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

Nicolas Jones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Gear seller in singapore, have you some of these ones?

Post by Nicolas Jones »

Hello Guys,

I found a seller in singapore named costumebase (low prices).

They sell raider shirts, jackets, MKVII bags, staff of ra, etc...

So do some of you guys have tried to buy from them? If so, how are those pieces of gear?

Regards,

Nicolas
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

well for one they have ripped of Todds picture of the raiders shirt.

that is his...go and take a look on his site...

when a seller does something like this then I am allways in very doubt about the seller

does the seller say they sell this shirt? as in the same like in this picture?

bests
Holt
Fink
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Fink »

I actually bought the MK VII bag, holster, whip holder, belt, and headpiece of The Staff of Ra from this seller before this shirt thing I found inappropriate too.

Before the shirt, this is what I think about the seller and his products:

This guy is a very serious seller; everything I have bought from him arrived on time, well packed, fair shipping prices, etc. That’s why I have deal with him more than twice.

The bag is not bad for the price, but more than a replica is just a costume bag, but not that bad for a costume bag. The strap is simple vinyl instead of leather, but isn’t serious if you can replace, the side disc isn’t there, you will find just another drain hole like the both you can find down side. The bag color is nice for those who like it green and the material isn’t soft, maybe harder of what it should be, but that’s nice to keep the overall form of the bag, so I like that floppy canvas.

The oldster, whip holder and belt combo looks really good! I don’t think this is leather, but it sure looks a lot like it! It might still be lather but after thinking a lot about it I don’t think it is because it looks just a little bit too perfect, but who knows! The holster is too small to carry a big gun prop, but enough for a .38 caliber gun cop replica witch is what I carry around on it. The whip holder works good enough for what it is since it haves Velcro, not SA but it will help to hold your whip a little bit better.

The headpiece of The Staff of Ra is somehow hard to tell; I love it and I hate it! On one side it’s a 100% metallic piece (except for the eye, of course) so it’s really heavy and I like that! The stressed look looks really great on my opinion, I don’t like it shiny, I like it too look like a real museum antique. On the other had the cast have a couple of little SA failures as the Phoenix tail feathers, it haves a yellow eye in case you expect the red one, the headpiece isn’t mountable but the biggest problem that drives me mad (But won’t blame this guy, I knew this before buying so my complain rights on this were voluntary refused by me), is that you will find the same engravings on both sides!

That’s it! I hope this helps on your decision!
Indiana Strones
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Indiana Strones »

I bought from this seller bag, holster and belt. Bag is good, but you have to replace strap. Holster and belt are just for costuming, but not bad for that price.
PSBIndy
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by PSBIndy »

Last year, I bought a Han Solo costume for Halloween from them on Ebay. Delivery was quick but the workmanship on some of the pieces was questionable given the price I paid.
BOINKFFD
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by BOINKFFD »

I just picked up the Staff of Ra and diamond last week. Will see what the quality is upon arrival.
gmarthe
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by gmarthe »

I agree on the Staff of Ra. Nice weight and color but the same inscription on both sides is a little annoying. Also, it may just be mine but the mold needs to be cleaned up a little or they need to do a better job of cleaning up the piece after it is cast. There are a few "drips". Nothing drastic that can't be fixed but I guess you get what you pay for.
Snakewhip_Sable
Scoundrel

Post by Snakewhip_Sable »

I got the Staff of Ra headpiece and gunbelt from him and I'm pretty happy with both. Very reasonable close enoughs. Actually, the gunbelt is so good, I won't 'upgrade' it until it wears out.
stealthboy
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by stealthboy »

I bought the bag from him and was impressed with the fast shipping from Singapore. The bag is pretty decent, and I have no complaints. It could use a new strap sometime, but for now it's Close Enough (TM).
Snakewhip_Sable
Scoundrel

Post by Snakewhip_Sable »

The shipping is pretty fast considering where it's coming from.
Kentucky Blues
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Kentucky Blues »

Maybe someone should ask the guy about the shirt picture. It's always possible that the guy thought it was an actual Indiana Jones shirt (as in not a replica) and would just be a good picture to use. And Snakewhip, is the gunbelt real leather?

-KB :)
Stinky Dragon
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Stinky Dragon »

I actually don't own one of costumebase's belts, but in his auction for some star wars belts he specifies that they're made out of pleather, so I would guess that that doesn't stop just with the SW belts.
Kentucky Blues
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Kentucky Blues »

I noticed mentioning of pleather, like with the Indy Jacket. Actually, if that jacket were $25 cheaper, I'd consider buying one, lol.

-KB :)
Jonathan Jones
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Jonathan Jones »

That gunbelt looks quite good, I think I will pick one of those up.
Zombie Jones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Zombie Jones »

Stinky Dragon wrote:I actually don't own one of costumebase's belts, but in his auction for some star wars belts he specifies that they're made out of pleather, so I would guess that that doesn't stop just with the SW belts.
I bought one of their Jedi belts a couple of years ago. Good quality, especially for the price, but it's definitely a pleather costume belt; I can't imagine it holding up to years of wear and tear like a real leather belt would. And I would agree the Indy belts and accessories appear to be made from the same type of pleather.

As Fink stated above, this is a serious seller, someone who pays attention to business. They sent me an e-mail notifying me my item had shipped, it arrived in a reasonable amount of time and was very well packaged, and they sent a follow-up e-mail to thank me for my business after I left positive feedback. For someone who is on a really tight budget and looking for "close enough" costume items, they're a solid option.

I considered purchasing their gunbelt/holster/whip holder combo just for the holster and whip holder (since I already have a suitable gunbelt), but I soon realized I could get the same items from Todd's for only slightly more (once you figure shipping costs into the equation), and they'd be much better quality and more accurate. Of course, that's just my opinion; I could be wrong.