Todd's Bag

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

JoshAmongo
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Todd's Bag

Post by JoshAmongo »

Alot of users say these bags are good but I have two questions

1. People say it's smaller than the real one...how small??

2. Is shipping fast?
jacksdad
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by jacksdad »

still waiting on mine, Todds has been backorderd for awhile. I orderd mybag on 6/10 still waiting. I would think because of new interst in Indiana Jones things probably flew off the shelf.
saecrow
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by saecrow »

i ordered mine (along with a standard jacket) on 6/2 and i received my shipping notice today. . . . due to arrive on friday 6/27! you guys should hopefully start receiving your shipping notices soon. i can't wait!
JeffB
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by JeffB »

Todd's ships things quickly. The straps for the bags have been backordered for a while, but they should be shipping soon. I also ordered mine on the 2nd and haven't got a shipping notice yet. Hopefully tomorrow.
Soup
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Soup »

Todd does an excellent job on shipping, received my bag and strap on Saturday. I have been waiting to order because he was out of stock a month
or so ago. Ordered standard jacket and received within a week. Unless he is waiting for new stock, he is very quick to turn around orders. Will be getting a shirt when size becomes available.
Zombie Jones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Re: Todd's Bag

Post by Zombie Jones »

JoshAmongo wrote:1. People say it's smaller than the real one...how small??
I'd like to know this as well. I'm 6'1", 200 lbs., so I think a bag that's seriously undersized would be very noticeable.
Soup
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Soup »

I believe the Todd bag is about 1" shorter in height. Somewhere I read in a different thread. Will try to find it.
Soup
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Soup »

viewtopic.php?t=31335

I believe this is the link? Hope this helps

I ordered a standard length strap, fits fine. I'm 5'-10", 178.
Piers
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Piers »

I also ordered the standard 65" strap.. I'm 6'0 and the buckle has to sit just below my sternum for the bag to sit just below my belt..
Zombie Jones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Zombie Jones »

Well, it sounds like the slight difference won't be noticeable to someone like me who doesn't necessarily need something that's 100% accurate in every way. At the price Todd's is asking I couldn't pass it up, but I still had concerns that I'd receive a "kid's size" bag; glad to hear that won't be the case.
jacksdad
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by jacksdad »

I talked to todds on Friday 6/27 and they said they should be shipping this week.Has anybody else gotten any backorderd bags or notices yet? just wondering.
JeffB
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by JeffB »

Hey, I called on Friday, too and got the same response. Hopefully it ships soon. This was supposed to be a birthday present for my son, but that was a few weeks ago now.
mlars11
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by mlars11 »

Hi,
I just got my Quantum View shipping info today. I ordered back on June 10th with the extra large bag strap. So I would expect yours too ship soon. Hope this helps.

-Matt
Zombie Jones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Zombie Jones »

Ordered mine on June 16th, haven't heard anything yet.
JeffB
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by JeffB »

I just got my shipping notice, too.
Shawnkara
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Shawnkara »

I believe Todd's regular bags are the same size as an original. He does however currently have a quantity of "facotry defects" at a greatly reduced price because they're about 1" smaller in height.

Zombie Jones,
I'm 6' 2" and I can tell you, ANY bag looks small on us. Even the originals. When seen on Harrison Ford it looks to me like a backpack on a sling! :lol: In terms of SA, they never look quite big enough on guys like us.
Cowboy
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Cowboy »

Ordered mine the end of April but still have not seen it. I think that they are shipping with the shirt IF it ever comes.
scot2525
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by scot2525 »

I recieved shipping/ tracking information today for my "small" MKVII bag w/ deluxe strap this afternoon. I assume it will not arrive here until Mon. July 7th as Fri. July 4th is "Independence Day" here in the USA.
jacksdad
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by jacksdad »

I called Todd's after I read scot2525's post,the lady said they would be shipping the rest of the orders today. I checked my e-mail nothing yet. it's 4:00 central standard here.
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Yeah, but it's only 2 P.M. on the West Coast where Todd is located.

Regards !Michaelson
mlars11
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by mlars11 »

Well Todd is on PST, I got my email at 3:15 yesterday which is still an hour and 15 mins away. So, it still may ship today.
jacksdad
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by jacksdad »

I did finally got my shipment notice and will receive my bag on tuesday,it'll be two days shy of a month since I orderd it. I'm really looking forward to getting it.
Zombie Jones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Zombie Jones »

Shawnkara wrote:Zombie Jones,
I'm 6' 2" and I can tell you, ANY bag looks small on us. Even the originals. When seen on Harrison Ford it looks to me like a backpack on a sling! :lol: In terms of SA, they never look quite big enough on guys like us.
I hear ya'! Since I'm the same height as Ford, I figured a Todd's bag would look about the same on me as it looks on him as long as it wasn't too much smaller than the real thing.

BTW, I got an e-mail today stating my bag had shipped, and it's scheduled for delivery tomorrow. :shock: I guess being in the same state as Todd's shop helps. :D Now the wait begins for the re-stock of the XL shirts and standard holsters...
Indiana Joyce
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indiana Joyce »

I ordered on the 28th of June with an XL strap. I just sent an email asking when to expect it. Am I going to have to wait about a month like the rest of you? Because its the last peice that im waiting for, and i kinda wanted the whole suit together before i started taking photos.
JeffB
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by JeffB »

You should get it pretty quickly. They already shipped out the backorders.
jacksdad
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by jacksdad »

If you read the other posts you could wind up wating a month.Hopefully not.Give them a call Monday,todds is really freindly and they'll answer any questions you might have. They did for me .
jacksdad
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by jacksdad »

finally got my todds bag today,I will post pics one of these days. I love it. It took me a little while to figure out how to put the strap on the right way ,kept getting the buckle in the back. felt foolish once I did figure it out. It seemed small at first,even my little guy said hey looks small,but once I put my work bag stuff in it felt just right.I've been carrying around a green and yellow cooler bag,I hated that thing.can even fit 3 cans of pop in it too. I think I'm going to look for a small theremal liner to put in so I can keep the pop cold.
Indiana Joyce
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indiana Joyce »

well Todd emailed me today...due to another backlog and not being able to get the straps, my order wont be ready until around or after the 15th.
At least Im getting it, Im just impatient. I put together a suit in less then two months, and this is by far my favorite costume Ive ever had.
scot2525
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by scot2525 »

Recieved my bag yesterday and it is perfect. I like the fact that is just a little bit small, it fits me perfectly. Both of the snap/ press studs work great, I had very little problem getting the strap attached although I was confused by the instructions. I am still working on proper placement of the buckle.

So far it contains a pair of Wells Lamont gloves, PBG's map room brush, 6' of rope, 1' of a firework fuse :shock: , and a small box of wood matches. I hope to add one of Magnoli's journal soon.
Zombie Jones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Zombie Jones »

scot2525 wrote:...Both of the snap/ press studs work great...
On the bag I received one of the snaps is a bit tight, but it works; the other one is a real struggle to snap closed. :| Other than that it's really a nice bag.
Cowboy
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Cowboy »

I just got mine. WAS IT REALLY THAT SMALL or is this just a smaller bag in general? Looks well made, just MUCH smaller than I had anticipated. It measures 11" wide by 9-1/2" tall. What are the MK's going at?
rjallen70
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by rjallen70 »

30 replies? hmmm...
;0
Gunk
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Gunk »

Don't mind my freakishly skinny and long self.

Note: The bag is empty, at first I thought it was too small but it starts to look decent and with stuff packed in it it looks better I think

Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

I just have aquestion about Todd's bags

I had mine in the whaser today...it's still wet...but I noticed this for the first time

1) the side holders for the silver rings are off center.they are rotated.

2) the drain holes on the bottom are also off center.

anyone else have them looking like this?

why is this made like this?

bests
Holt
Gunk
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Gunk »

I think they are off center because of the way the beg is worn....makes sense I think
Cowboy
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Cowboy »

Anyone.......Is the MRK Bags really this small?
Falco09
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Falco09 »

Hey Gunk, how tall are you and what length strap is that?
Gunk
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Gunk »

I'm 6' and thats a 65" strap
scot2525
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by scot2525 »

thought I would finally post a few pics of my bag as well. Yes the bag is small but only an 1" smaller in height than the actual bag. My drain holes are off center as well.

Wade Egan
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

bags

Post by Wade Egan »

I have 5 of the original MK VIIs and a bunch of the Magnoli reproductions. All five of the OGs have slight differences in them depending on the year produced and the manufacturer. Some have decorative tooling on the snaps, some do not. Some of the pockets are different in size when compared to the others. AND, some are a little smaller than others. The actual dimensions of the MK VII original are 10 x 10x 3 (inches) for reference.
I have found that the Magnoli bag is almost exactly like the original in size and pocket configuration. Also, the Magnoli has the most accurate canvas construction and wears in perfectly.
Here's a shot of the two bags next to each other:

Original MK VII on the LEFT.
Notice the color difference between the two. I think the khaki color of the repro looks more SA as the bags on screen were well dirtied and broken in.

Some more Magnoli shots:

I am 6' 4" tall and though the bag looks slightly small on me, it's the strap that makes the difference. If you are 6' tall, you need a 68"-70" bag strap to hang the bag at your waist and center the buckle on your chest. Otherwise the fit is wrong. Most bag straps come in at 65" which is perfect for those who are 5' 5" tall. So keep in mind your strap length when gearing up.

Here's some more info on straps, etc. :

INDY GEAR PAGE

I have straps and both original MK VIIS and Magnoli repros available if anyone is in need of a good bag. Check out my page and email for more info.

Thanks,

W.E.
maboot38
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Todd's bag

Post by maboot38 »

The Todd's bag seems to be around an inch shorter. However, save yourself some money and buy the Todd's bag. I love mine. Scrub it up with a steel brush, fray it, unshine the snaps, soak it, bleach the edges, fill it with dirt and bury it for a few days. Dig it up and you're done.

If somone is able to see that inch of difference after all that, they have no business in this hobby, as they should be a sniper for the government.
Hedji
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Hedji »

I am 6'2". Which strap length would you guys recommend for me?

65" or 72" ?
DVD Connoisseur
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by DVD Connoisseur »

Hedji wrote:I am 6'2". Which strap length would you guys recommend for me?

65" or 72" ?
I'm the same height and the 72" strap is perfect.
Hedji
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Hedji »

Thank you. I'll go with that.