Carbon Grey Fed IV?

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

FtrPlt
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Carbon Grey Fed IV?

Post by FtrPlt »

Anyone have any photos of the Fed IV in carbon grey they could share? I just received my brown Fed IV reg (superb hat) which will be my outdoors/hiking hat. Looking to add a grey hat for daily wear to work, etc. Lots of photos of the Moonstone hat but I couldn't find any of the carbon grey.

Thanks
YARVTON
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Carbon Grey Federation

Post by YARVTON »

I know that Hats Direct has a photograph on their website. And I do remember guys at The Fedora Lounge talking about their Carbon Grey Federations -- though might be Fed III not Fed IV. As I recall, Carbon Grey is the same color as "charcoal" used on the Sydney model, and there are photographs of the Sydney floating around.
FtrPlt
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by FtrPlt »

Thanks YARVTON!
The Hats Direct photo looks really dark on my monitor. I thought there were a few pics somewhere here on COW but I haven't been able to find them. I thought someone said the carbon grey had a bluish-hue to it.

Definitely will search for photos of the Sidney model hat.
YARVTON
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Dark Grey

Post by YARVTON »

David Morgan -- US Akubra Distributor -- has many of the Akubra colors shown on the website. Of course one always has the problem of judging what sort of light was used when the color samples were taken. But it might help.

Anyway the Carbon Grey is most suitable to wear with navy, black, and various grays/greys, so "bluish" would be a desirable trait.
FtrPlt
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Re: Dark Grey

Post by FtrPlt »

YARVTON wrote:Anyway the Carbon Grey is most suitable to wear with navy, black, and various grays/greys, so "bluish" would be a desirable trait.
Hence my reason for asking :) I don't think my wife cares for my beat-up brown lid when it comes to going out for dinner, etc.
Last edited by FtrPlt on Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Nebraska S.

Post by Dr. Nebraska S. »

This is a Federation III, not a IV, but it is carbon gray and should give you an idea of the color (at least in direct sunlight):

You can see an example of it with inside lighting in my avatar. Hope this helps 'til some carbon gray Fed IVs are posted!

best wishes,
Nebraska Schulte
YARVTON
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Carbon Grey Federation

Post by YARVTON »

THAT'S VERY HELPFUL! I think the color is terrific -- more "formal" than Moonstone, yet clearly not "black-hat" Black.
Last Crusader
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Last Crusader »

I also have a federation III in carbon gray. The hat on the right is the federation III dlx. Hope that helps. :D

YARVTON
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Last Crusader

Post by YARVTON »

It's a perfect pair! Many thanks for showing them in the same photograph.
FtrPlt
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by FtrPlt »

Gents: Great pics! Exactly what I was hoping to see. Thanks for posting!
WhipDude
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by WhipDude »

Last Crusader, I'm am totally digging that carbon gray right now. That is one of the best bashes I've seen. Any other shots of it, on your head or something? I'd like to see and I'm sure the thread starter would like to see some more photos too.
Zombie Jones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Zombie Jones »

That Carbon Gray is really a sharp hat! My priority right now is to get the rest of my "close enough" Indy gear (limited budget, what can I say), but as soon as I have the extra cash... :-$
YARVTON
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Akubra Carbon Grey

Post by YARVTON »

There are some more photographs of the Fed in Carbon Grey over at The Fedora Lounge. Google "akubra carbon grey" for links.
Last Crusader
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Last Crusader »

WhipDude wrote:Last Crusader, I'm am totally digging that carbon gray right now. That is one of the best bashes I've seen. Any other shots of it, on your head or something? I'd like to see and I'm sure the thread starter would like to see some more photos too.
Thanks! :D Here some more pics:

YARVTON
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

My Thanks to Last Crusader!

Post by YARVTON »

Yours are the best photos I've seen of the Carbon Grey Fed.
FtrPlt
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Re: My Thanks to Last Crusader!

Post by FtrPlt »

YARVTON wrote:Yours are the best photos I've seen of the Carbon Grey Fed.
So good, in fact, that I just ordered one! Thanks for posting the photos!
YARVTON
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

I Just Ordered One!

Post by YARVTON »

Please post a review of the Hat when it arrives!
FtrPlt
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by FtrPlt »

Will do.

Been away for a few days hiking. Had an e-mail from Jenny at HatsDirect letting me know the Carbon Grey is enroute. Should be here by the end of next week. My brown lid took about 10 days to get to the northeast US.