Todds belts, any good?

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

Krudler
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Todds belts, any good?

Post by Krudler »

Am putting together my first set of Indy gear and dont really want to jump in at the deep end yet, have a Todds standard jacket on order, are the web belts and gun belt/standard holster worth getting? from the pics they seem fine but need an informed opinion
Comic Sidekick
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Comic Sidekick »

I have the web belt in "Raiders Brown" and it's a typical military-style web belt with brass bucket, no worse than any other, likely better than the cheapos.

I don't have any experience with Todd's gunbelts, but I hope to order one when he gets them in my size.

I'm waiting for him to get his shirts in XL too...
IndianaJack91
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by IndianaJack91 »

Todd's stuff is great and i would trust him
p.s. You are going to love his jacket :D
Krudler
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Krudler »

IndianaJack91 wrote:Todd's stuff is great and i would trust him
p.s. You are going to love his jacket :D
I'm going to love dragging around in the dirt distressing it too :D
IndianaJack91
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by IndianaJack91 »

Just a heads up, the jacket is not the toughest leather on the block
I think it is lamb skin
scot2525
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by scot2525 »

I don't have the deluxe gunbelt, but do have a Raiders web belt, Raiders standard holster, and whip holder from him and they are fantastic. Very good quality. I also have ordered his deluxe Raiders whip but it is currently being exchanged. The customer service they have provided so far has been fantastic. I have an MKVII bag and strap, shirt, and several misc. items on order as well. If he still offered the basic belt I am sure I would have ordered it. I may eventually order the deluxe gunbelt if he gets my size in stock.
Tron7960
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Tron7960 »

I've got two web belts (one I wear every day), standard and deluxe gun belts and a holster from Todd. I love em'. especially the deluxe gun belt!

Bottom photo shows the deluxe gun belt on top and standard on the bottom.
rebelgtp
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by rebelgtp »

i've had one of the gun belts for a couple years now....in fact i need to punch a couple more holes in it cause it is to big for me now :lol:

Anyway it has really held up well to quite a bit of use. I will even wear it as a regular belt with my jeans and carhartts.
Venky
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Venky »

I got a Todd's standard Gun belt and holster and I love them!

The standard belt is thicker than it used to be according to someone who owned one a while back. All you need to get is the whip holder for it though. I use my Morgan whip holder.

The holster is very nice ESPECIALLY for the price. I was able to compare it to an AB holster in person and they are VERY close. All you need to do to Todd's is beat it up a bit to break it in.

-TLF
IndianaBogart
Dig Leader
Dig Leader
Location: ...listening to a tinny piano playing in the parlor downstairs....

Post by IndianaBogart »

I have Todd's brown Raiders web belt, deluxe bag strap, deluxe gun belt, and whip holder. I wear the web belt regularly and it is very durable. The deluxe bag strap is great, though it is too dark for a Raiders strap. I'm not that picky about it though, and I think the straps may actually be lighter now (I got mine a year ago). The deluxe gun belt is very good too. I wear mine with my gear obviously, but also with jeans sometimes. The whip holder is also very good. All of Todd's stuff that I have is great, especially after distressing it with sand paper, a pocket knife, and a lighter (for the whip holder - to darken it a bit).
IndianaBogart
Dig Leader
Dig Leader
Location: ...listening to a tinny piano playing in the parlor downstairs....

Post by IndianaBogart »

Tron, I noticed you said that you loved your deluxe gun belt. I have one that I got a year ago, but after frequent wear and leather conditioner it hasn't softened very much. I was wondering if the leather that your belt is made out of seems to be fairly soft, supple, etc.? If so, I was planning on getting another deluxe belt from Todd when they get back in stock.
IndyFalco
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by IndyFalco »

Krudler, and to any other COW member who hasn't crossed paths with Toddscostumes...

You can always count on TODD. A fantastic craftsman and an amazing shop.
Kudos to him and his staff.
Indiana MarkVII
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Indiana MarkVII »

Well, I must have gotten one of Todd's earlier belts, before he offered a Deluxe version. My Todd's belt is made with very thin leather and I was disaapointed with it. I understand that his Deluxe belt is made of a thicker leather. I may order a deluxe when he gets more stock. I'm also going to be on the lookout for the reportedly highly accurate AB gunbelt, hopefully coming out later this summer.