A Dream With Marc Kitter...Now Featuring John Penman

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

DR Ulloa
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

A Dream With Marc Kitter...Now Featuring John Penman

Post by DR Ulloa »

There is no way of making this not sound weird...I had a dream with Marc. Maybe it is the AB fever getting to me, but I dreamt that I got home from work, poured a glass of water and went outside to sit by the lake. After stepping foot into my back yard, Marc is there making a hat and he tells me "Hey Dave, you are a 7 1/2 right?" So, even in my dream I am thinking "Get outta here! That is Marc Kitter making me an AB Deluxe...and I don't even have one of those on order (though I have one from Steve on order...by the by)!"

I start freaking out in my dream and Marc asks me if everything is ok, if he got the block size wrong. I tell him no, eveything is fine except MARC KITTER IS MAKING ME A HAT IN MY OWN YARD!

So he finishes the hat and asks me if I am happy with it and nearly break down in tears from how great it is and then he thanks me (Why does he thank me? I have no freaking clue!), packs up and leaves.

WHAT THE...? I know there are some weird things that flow through our minds but...

I'm not crazy am I? Anyway, Marc, the hat was beautiful, I'll have to buy one some day.

Dave
Last edited by DR Ulloa on Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
TimInKC
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by TimInKC »

Yeah, how much extra does it cost to have Marc come make your hat in your yard?

"Adventurebilt--now with porch-side service!" :)

---Tim
myamoebafriend
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by myamoebafriend »

That's fine service right there. Image
mufflowne
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by mufflowne »

i'm afraid you are crazy. and obsessed with hats.
Marc
Vendor

Post by Marc »

:shock: WOW! I guess... I would assume that when people dream about me, it would rather be a nightmare but this doesn't seem so :lol:

Regards,

Marc
Indiana Strones
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Indiana Strones »

I fear this group is out of control.
Indiana Strones
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

I have to admit that last night I had a dream with Peter Botwright: he was in my bathtub wearing only a novapelle KOTCS jacket... :shock:
DR Ulloa
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by DR Ulloa »

:shock:

Well, at least Marc was dry and fully clothed. Was Peter doing some distressing on the jacket for you? :lol:

Dave
Last edited by DR Ulloa on Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DanielJones
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by DanielJones »

"Appears to have been on his mind." :wink:

Cheers!

Dan
Indiana Strones
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

DR Ulloa wrote::shock:

Was Peter doing some distressing on the jacket for you? :lol:

Dave
I hope so!! :D
DR Ulloa
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by DR Ulloa »

mufflowne wrote:i'm afraid you are crazy. and obsessed with hats.
My question was more rhetorical. I'm no crazy, I'm nuts. Out of mind, really. And I have been obssessed with hats since I was a fetus. But thank you for your honesty Mufflowne. :)

Dave
mufflowne
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by mufflowne »

I's only pulling your nose Dave :lol:

(and hey, takes one to know one ;) )
myamoebafriend
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by myamoebafriend »

DR Ulloa wrote:
My question was more rhetorical. I'm no crazy, I'm nuts. Out of mind, really. And I have been obssessed with hats since I was a fetus. But thank you for your honesty Mufflowne. :)

Dave
"He no nuts, he's crazy"
Indycrazy5187
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Indycrazy5187 »

I wrote about this in another thread but I had a dream that i was walking up to Petco to get some food for my dog and it's in a shopping center with a few stores and across the street in a Best Buy size store was "Adventurebilt Hat Outlet"...i started to run across the street, and when i almost made it there i woke up...darn!
DR Ulloa
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by DR Ulloa »

myamoebafriend wrote:
DR Ulloa wrote:

Dave
"He no nuts, he's crazy"
Thats how crazy I am...I mess up one of the best quotes in the series :oops: . I certainly hope no one notices that :lol: .

Dave
gabrielle
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by gabrielle »

mufflowne wrote:I have been obssessed with hats since I was a fetus. Dave

Now that's funny because I always thought I was the only one. The first word out of my mouth wasn't mom or dad it was hattttttttttt!!!!!

:shock:
DR Ulloa
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by DR Ulloa »

My first word was "Luis", my uncle that would later introduce me to Indiana Jones and Star Wars, closely followed by "Alf."I was a huge fan of the show...my grandfather always had it on.

Dave
indy89
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by indy89 »

Indiana Strones wrote:I have to admit that last night I had a dream with Peter Botwright: he was in my bathtub wearing only a novapelle KOTCS jacket... :shock:
:lol: What the heck...
Kittlemeier
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Kittlemeier »

"Cocaine's a heck(sensors) of a drug."

-Rick James
DR Ulloa
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Re: A Dream With Marc Kitter...What!?

Post by DR Ulloa »

Alright, now I know my wiring is off. Last night I had a dream with John Penman.

I was hanging out with some friends and John calls to tell me my hat is ready. I look over to my fiance and she says "Lets go drive and pick it up. I've always wanted to meet John." So we hop in the car and take off.

Now, I live in Miami and John is in Portland but somehow we make it there by morning. When I knock on his door, he is still in pajamas and says "Oh hey guys. Let me show you around." And so he gives us a tour of the house and his workshop and finally upstairs to where he has all the hats.

He shows us a few and they are, of course? beautiful. And finally he turns around and reaches into a box and says "And here is your hat." Only I can't see it because my alarm goes off and I wake up.

No way I'm not finishing this dream. I hit snooze and get my pineal gland working again. I'm back at John's house but he is packing my hat up. I DIDN'T GET TO SEE IT!

The funny thing is that I really have no idea what this hat is going to look like and not even in my dreams can I see it. I ordered a Watchmen hat back in April but changed it to a Watchmen/Eddy hybrid. Then I changed it to something original. Then I changed the specs. Then I changed them again. John literally has a two page spec sheet on this hat. I was supposed to receive it a while ago but I swapped orders with my fiance's brother so he could have his hat for our wedding in three weeks. I should be getting the hat next month and I can't wait.

So, John, this may be the strangest thing that anyone has said about you, but knowing your life, probably not. I can't wait for my hat and hopefully I'll have it in time for our honeymoon [-o< . Keep up the good work my friend.

Dave
Marc
Vendor

Re: A Dream With Marc Kitter...Now Featuring John Penman

Post by Marc »

Hey John,

what do you think? - If we'd join forces on a project, we could call us The Dreamhatters Hat Co. :TOH:

Regards,

Marc
DR Ulloa
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by DR Ulloa »

:lol:

Technically, you are my only remaining "Dream Hatter," Marc. This Penman in my dream would be number three from John. I have two from Steve and one on order. They are now my hatters. I don't have any of your hats though, so you are still my "Dream Hatter." One day I'll get one.

Dave
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Post by binkmeisterRick »

Dave, maybe it's time to lay off the nachos before going to bed. ;)
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by BendingOak »

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

How in the world did I miss this. :o :shock: I'm just happy I wasn't in the dream with Marc, Peter and the bath tube. I don't even want to think who who's going to be the rubber ducky. :? :[

There's not enough icons for this thread and what ever you do, don't put up this one......

;0

where did I put the scotch at. :-k
DR Ulloa
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by DR Ulloa »

I took it from your house this morning, when I was picking up my hat...

Dave
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Re:

Post by Michaelson »

Marc wrote::shock: WOW! I guess... I would assume that when people dream about me, it would rather be a nightmare but this doesn't seem so :lol:

Regards,

Marc
You're doing better than me, old friend. Folks have posted dreams with me involved at this site, and I'm usually dead! :-s :lol:

So, why haven't you stopped by MY house to make ME a hat yet? [-(

Regards! Michaelson
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Re: Re:

Post by BendingOak »

Michaelson wrote:
Marc wrote::shock: WOW! I guess... I would assume that when people dream about me, it would rather be a nightmare but this doesn't seem so :lol:

Regards,

Marc
You're doing better than me, old friend. Folks have posted dreams with me involved at this site, and I'm usually dead! :-s :lol:

So, why haven't you stopped by MY house to make ME a hat yet? [-(

Regards! Michaelson
because he is to busy playing rubber ducky.
bigrex
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by bigrex »

That's fine because I had one about Steve Delk, but can't really remember the details except that I dreamt something. I do remember he was a nice southern guy, hopefully I'll get the hat by around Thanksgiving, give or take a few months. ;)
RCSignals
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by RCSignals »

OK this thread is just too way out there. :shock:

It needs to be either buried or stickied. :H: :rolling:
Indiana MarkVII
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Indiana MarkVII »

What's a dream? I haven't recalled any dreams in years. You have a great mind at work. Maybe you should lay off the scotch when it becomes rubber ducky time?
Risu
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Risu »

I had a dream a month ago or so where I GOT my hat from Steve, but he wasn't in it. I've never met him, only ever seen the picture of him that used to be his avatar, so it would be difficult for me to dream him. It was shortly after the Aero triple feature, where I finally got to touch an AB for the first time, and I was really anxious to get my hat. At one point I even checked the Fedora forum 4 times in one day just to see if anybody posted about receiving their hat. Anyways, in the dream I miraculously just had the hat, don't recall how it got on my head, and it was really comfortable. Then I woke up and couldn't shake the feeling of disappointment that I didn't actually have the hat yet the whole day.

As an aside, the mods' decision to close the AB wait list thread some months back has caused me a great deal of mental anguish. It was really nice just to know every now and then when somebody got their hat, and made the wait seem like it had an end and we would all eventually get there.
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Risu wrote:As an aside, the mods' decision to close the AB wait list thread some months back has caused me a great deal of mental anguish. It was really nice just to know every now and then when somebody got their hat, and made the wait seem like it had an end and we would all eventually get there.
To set the record straight, the problem with those threads were that they added more headache than help in the long run. They turned into complaint threads, more than anything. There was no way to discern whether they were hats from Steve or Marc/Regular or Deluxe models (or now the Henry!) much less how many hats were being sold and put in line from customers outside of COW. In short, there was no way for the list to give a legitimate time frame for when folks would receive their hats. There were too many uncontrollable variables in the mix. When the initial thread was closed down in hopes of running a more detailed and better run list, the author of that thread ended up getting rightfully fed up with the task:
After getting numerous complaints and some pretty rude pm's I have taken this list off... I did't want to remove the list, I had agreed to do it as a favour but I am not willing to take flak for something I thought I was doing as a good deed for a fellow COWer.
Suffice to say, that was REAL mental anguish! It became a nightmare, much like the other dreams in this very thread. So... back on topic... what, exactly WAS the topic again? :-k
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by BendingOak »

your rubber ducky.
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

I thought it was your rubber ducky. Here's my rubber ducky:

BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by BendingOak »

How many photo's of rubber duckies do you have?
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

As many as you can find on google. ;)
jkdbuck76
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by jkdbuck76 »

DR Ulloa wrote:There is no way of making this not sound weird...I had a dream with Marc. Maybe it is the AB fever getting to me, but I dreamt that I got home from work, poured a glass of water and went outside to sit by the lake. After stepping foot into my back yard, Marc is there making a hat and he tells me "Hey Dave, you are a 7 1/2 right?" So, even in my dream I am thinking "Get outta here! That is Marc Kitter making me an AB Deluxe...and I don't even have one of those on order (though I have one from Steve on order...by the by)!"

I start freaking out in my dream and Marc asks me if everything is ok, if he got the block size wrong. I tell him no, eveything is fine except MARC KITTER IS MAKING ME A HAT IN MY OWN YARD!

So he finishes the hat and asks me if I am happy with it and nearly break down in tears from how great it is and then he thanks me (Why does he thank me? I have no freaking clue!), packs up and leaves.

WHAT THE...? I know there are some weird things that flow through our minds but...

I'm not crazy am I? Anyway, Marc, the hat was beautiful, I'll have to buy one some day.

Dave
Uh, Dave.

Ahem...you're supposed to leave milk and cookies for Marc. It was no dream.
bigrex
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by bigrex »

jkdbuck76 wrote:
DR Ulloa wrote:There is no way of making this not sound weird...I had a dream with Marc. Maybe it is the AB fever getting to me, but I dreamt that I got home from work, poured a glass of water and went outside to sit by the lake. After stepping foot into my back yard, Marc is there making a hat and he tells me "Hey Dave, you are a 7 1/2 right?" So, even in my dream I am thinking "Get outta here! That is Marc Kitter making me an AB Deluxe...and I don't even have one of those on order (though I have one from Steve on order...by the by)!"

Dave
Uh, Dave.

Ahem...you're supposed to leave milk and cookies for Marc. It was no dream.
Oh great, now Marc is doing the Santa thing, that would be nice, he could deliver hats to the whole world in one night via an eight tiny reindeer express sleigh. :-
Risu
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Risu »

Sorry, I didn't mean to start anything off topic, just mentioned it. The benefit of the thread for me personally wasn't keeping any kind of accurate timeline for getting my hat, it was just the comforting reassurance that other people were getting their hats and that mine was creeping closer and closer. The stuff that started happening in the thread did justify it's being shut down, I just wish it could have been cleaned up instead. But it's all good, I should have my hat in no time and then the wait will just fade away like it never happened.

Back on topic, Marc and Steve should really consider looking into that Santa technology, then they could make all the hats that are ordered and only work one day a year. It would be a pretty sweet gig.
DR Ulloa
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by DR Ulloa »

Yeah, but Santa has help...elfs. Steve and Marc are one man operations. Maybe they should look into getting some elfs to help them out. They could handle e-mails, calls, shipping, angry dirt-bag customers and their lawyers...

Dave
Snapbrim76
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Snapbrim76 »

Wow, an old post just popped up. Still i think i'll add to it...

If i'm completely honest, i often dream about hats. But i already know i'm insane and totally obsessed. But i really don't care what everyone thinks - it brings me joy; the anticipation of a new hat arriving; the inability to take your eyes off a new hat; lying in bed staring at my new hat unable to sleep. It goes with the territory.

Face it Dave, you're as mad as a hatter...

...just like me ;)
enigmata_wood
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by enigmata_wood »

tso, tell me abaut your chailt-hoot, dit you haff issues vith your parents? :-s :-k
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

What's disturbing to me is I just heard the voice of Von Helsing (from the original Dracula movie) when I read that, enigmata! :shock:

Regards! Michaelson
Snapbrim76
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Snapbrim76 »

Enigmata - i'm way beyond regression therapy. In i past life i was probably a Jack Rabbit or beaver! Stay tuned for more madness...