Indy Suitcase

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

Indiana Neri
Dig Leader
Dig Leader
Location: Rhode Island: The Tiny State That's Actually NOT An Island...and no, I'm not from "Quahog"

Indy Suitcase

Post by Indiana Neri »

I was browsing Indy stuff on ev'rybody's favorite auction site and found a resin cast DVD case that was "Exclusive to Blockbuster". It was in the shape of Indy's suitcase and had his leather jacket, whip and hat on top of it. I was wondering where to look for a suitcase like that - I've tried Ebay and no luck. Any info on what TYPE of suitcase it might be? Thanks.

:wink:

Minnesota Jones
Admin Emeritus

Post by Minnesota Jones »

For a vintage suitcase in that style, I'd either try eBay under "vintage suitcase" or hit some antique stores too.
Indiana Neri
Dig Leader
Dig Leader
Location: Rhode Island: The Tiny State That's Actually NOT An Island...and no, I'm not from "Quahog"

Post by Indiana Neri »

Any thoughts as to what "kind" of case it could be, if anything at all?

DanielJones
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by DanielJones »

It's probably an old Samsonite. I have one that is similar with a matching smaller case from around the 50's. It makes a great travel case but not for extended periods that you would need to bring a lot with you. It's good for a 4 or 5 day trip.

Cheers!

Dan
Indiana Neri
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indiana Neri »

When I travel thats all I really need for, about five days. I did manage to find on eBay some replica travel stickers for the vintage cases, which I thought was pretty cool.

Gater
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Gater »

I picked up a vintage 1930's suitcase locally at a store called 'Ragtime' that sells vintage clothing and such.

The bag looks a lot like this one, and even still has old (faded/torn) stickers from Tourist Class travels on White Star Lines boats (White Star owned Titanic, among others)

I have managed to pack it well for a long weekend at the Finger Lakes Summit with allowances for multiple outfit changes. Cost was $40. A heckuva deal! I'd NEVER bring it on a plane as it is kinda delicate, but it's fine for car/sea travel.