Todd's shirt...any shrinkage issues?

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

BroadSword
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Todd's shirt...any shrinkage issues?

Post by BroadSword »

Well, my Todd's shirt came in and it looks and fits great. The question I had is about shrinkage. Right now it fits nice with some room to spare. I plan on just washing it in cold water and probably line drying it. Anybody have any problems with their shirt shrinking drastically or any other laundering do's or dont's?
BroadSword
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by BroadSword »

I think I may just do the regular wash. A slight snugging would probably give me the exact SA fit. The sleeves are a tad bit buched at end anyways. Thanks for the reply.
Mississippi Jones
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Mississippi Jones »

Aeris_Canon, that shirt looks AWESOME! I can't wait for mine to come in!
BroadSword
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by BroadSword »

Happy to report, the shirt went through the regular wash (cold/cold) and 60 minute regular high heat cycle and no shrinkage. Now I'm one step closer!
ichnob
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by ichnob »

Yeah, great looking shirt. What size did you order?

I payed for my pre-order on the 20th of May. Hoping that I got my order in time for one of the first batches of shirts. I have some other things on order with the shirt (holster, whip holder, and Mk. VII replacement strap), so here's hoping that they come soon.
Cowboy
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Cowboy »

ichnob wrote:Yeah, great looking shirt. What size did you order?

I payed for my pre-order on the 20th of May. Hoping that I got my order in time for one of the first batches of shirts. I have some other things on order with the shirt (holster, whip holder, and Mk. VII replacement strap), so here's hoping that they come soon.
I too ordered the end of may an XL. Todd told me today that it would still be several weeks IF they have not been bumped in production.

AC......How is the length? Will it stay tucked in if a guy is tall? That is one thing I can't stand, shirts that untuck way too easy.
floyd1977
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by floyd1977 »

" I WAS IN THE POOL" "THERE WAS SHRINKAGE"
BroadSword
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by BroadSword »

I didn't really notice too much yellowish hue. Mine looks about the same as the one pictured above. I actually got real lucky. I ordered a large not too long ago and then got my money refunded because they were out of stock. I guess he got a few in and emailed me back and asked if I was still interested. Sent payment immediately last Thurs or Fri and received it yesterday.

I'm a size 40R chest, 33-34 waist, 5'9" for reference and the shirt fits nice with room for movement before and after the wash. I pretty much lounged around in it yesterday evening and it felt real nice and comfortable. The wife is having me dig some ditches this weekend for plants and such, and I'll be sporting the shirt and my Fed IV for a good wear test.
Mississippi Jones
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Mississippi Jones »

I ordered my Medium the day he told us to pre-order.... which was a couple of months ago. I guess that was about the end of April or the first part of May. He said they should ship by the middle of June, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I'm glad this post is up. Now I know that I can just wash mine a few times like NORMAL clothes and it won't shrink. :D
Playmount
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Photoshop Madness

Post by Playmount »

Aeris_Canon wrote:BroadSword, I've washed one probably four or five times since owning it. No real shrinkage issues. It just snuggied up to a nice, comfortable fit after the first wash. Not Levi's "shrink to fit" shrunk, just to an almost perfect fit.
That's normal wash and wear with the rest of the laundry. Warm water, normal dry. However, I like the shirt to fit more on the closer side than too loose.

To be safe, you're probably fine with the cold water, line dry - especially if it's "close" to just how you like it now. If you feel a slight "snugging" is going to tigthen it beyond the comfort zone, do the cold wash, line dry thing. ;)

I've just tossed mine into the normal wash and it's fit the same way it has since the first time. (Plus! You get that Raiders shirt "rough and tumble look".) That's what I've experienced with MY shirt, at least. :)

Your photo is definitely encouraging to me, Aeris... as I wait for my medium to ship. I ran your image through Photoshop and added a cooling photo filter (82) to better emulate the appearance of the daylight balanced film stock that was used in Scene 59 of RAIDERS as well as an auto adjust colors filter and a slight hue and saturation shift (notice how the shadow areas are now properly blue-tinged).

It's not a perfect match -- Todd's still seems slightly darker and warmer compared to this one scene from RAIDERS... but I know they shot the Sallah's Terrace scene in the third week of September 1980 in Kairouan at the very end of the Tunisia shoot, which is why Ford looks so deeply sunburned and the shirt so UV bleached (I realize they had many shirts):

ImageImage
WeeMadHamish
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by WeeMadHamish »

I've put my Todd's shirt through the normal wash and drying cycle now three or four times now and the shrinkage has been minimal. It got a bit snugger after the first wash, but I think that only adds to the fit. Heck, I wish all of my dress shirts were cut like this... I really hate that blousy look.