Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

ANZAC_1915 wrote:
Kt Templar wrote:
Indiana G wrote:KT, was that a request from bernie? peter never anchors his straps like that. that veg tanned lamb is also quite scary close to the weight of the TN cow IMO.
It was how the archive jacket straps were.

Looks like they made the loop for the D-Rings smaller and moved the anchor box closer to the edge of the jacket.
By archive, presumably the LC jacket?
Hi Anzac,

This was the LC 'era' prototype that Bernie wanted copied. They send measurements and photos to Peter and Peter also went to Western Costume to study it.

Tony Nowak was allowed to take it away with him to copy. Nowaks loop/strap is more accurate than Peter's. But it would be seeing as he had it right in front of him and his machinist to dupicate!
justin771
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by justin771 »

Thought I'd share pics of my Nowak SA jacket. Received the jacket on Saturday, like others have already mentioned Tony was great to deal.
Mannie Bothans
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Mannie Bothans »

NICE!

What shirt is that?
Castor Dioscuri
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Castor Dioscuri »

I may be wrong, but I think that the 'archive jacket' was prototype based on specs provided by Lee Keppler, and not an actual LC screen-used jacket.
Demaroth
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Demaroth »

justin771 wrote:Thought I'd share pics of my Nowak SA jacket. Received the jacket on Saturday, like others have already mentioned Tony was great to deal.
Congrats, Justin! Gorgeous jacket, and I love the mannequin stand as well!

- John
Mike
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Chewie Louie wrote:Someone should order #522
In talking with Tony just now, he has something special planned for 522, but I told him I wouldn't say just yet.

As I'm guessing Blues took my #612, I got #22 for the day of the release.

DANG YOU BLUES!!! :wink:
Canada Jones
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Canada Jones »

Mike wrote:
Chewie Louie wrote:Someone should order #522
In talking with Tony just now, he has something special planned for 522, but I told him I wouldn't say just yet.

The 522 I got but what is special about #612?
best
Canada
Doctor_Jones
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Doctor_Jones »

nice looking jacket justin771
IndyBlues
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by IndyBlues »

Mike wrote:

Nice try Lao Che! :wink: That was really strange we went after the same number around the same time. I knew when Tony called me that the other guy was you. Sorry about that, Mike.

Canada, the #612 is really only special because it is both of our birthdays, AND the day Raiders was released.
Marosy and I have similar stories about going to see ROTLA on our B-days on opening day, so the number is sentimental to both of us.
No other special reason for that number.
Mike
Mike
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Yep, my 'bizzaro twin' beat me to it.

A rather comical event in a long string of similarities between us.
TonyRush
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by TonyRush »

Castor Dioscuri wrote:I may be wrong, but I think that the 'archive jacket' was prototype based on specs provided by Lee Keppler, and not an actual LC screen-used jacket.
I asked Tony about his in our first conversation and it was the jacket from the Smithsonian that Bernie was wanting used as a model. (I thought that jacket was a Raiders jacket but I learned on another thread that it's apparently an LC jacket).

So, if indeed the Smithsonian jacket is from LC.....then, yes Tony Nowak modeled his design after the screen-used LC jacket.

As Tony explained it, Bernie secured the jacket back from the Smithsonian and different vendors were invited to submit a jacket based on that design. Tony had been contacted about making Shia's jacket and saw the Indy jacket when he was meeting with Bernie. At that time, Bernie hadn't been satisfied with the other prototypes submitted and Tony said, "I can do that one for you, too."

Bernie said "The jacket is from the Smithsonian so I can't let you take it." Tony suggested that Bernie send his man along with the jacket to stay with it. He got the jacket in the afternoon and at midnight that night, the Indy IV prototype was done.

The next day, Bernie hung them side by side and said "This is what we want". And the the rest is history.

So, based on this, the Indy IV jacket is based on the LC-used jacket that has been in the Smithsonian since 1989.

Tony
Indiana G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Indiana G »

wasn't the smithsonian jacket not on the screen though?
TonyRush
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by TonyRush »

Indiana G wrote:wasn't the smithsonian jacket not on the screen though?
Indiana G, I'm not sure who you were directing that question to. But, yes, based on my recent education, the jacket in the Smithsonian is a screen-used LC jacket. It was from this jacket that Tony Nowak created his design.

Tony
Cowboy
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Cowboy »

TonyRush wrote:
Indiana G, I'm not sure who you were directing that question to. But, yes, based on my recent education, the jacket in the Smithsonian is a screen-used LC jacket. It was from this jacket that Tony Nowak created his design.

Tony
Uh-huh.....I've heard that bedtime story before.
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

The jacket they used to make the pattern for CS was definitely not the Smithsonian one.
Cowboy
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Cowboy »

Kt Templar wrote:The jacket they used to make the pattern for CS was definitely not the Smithsonian one.
Thank you!
TonyRush
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by TonyRush »

LOL! So, are you saying that Bernie Pollack did NOT get the Smithsonian jacket to use as the template for the Indy IV jacket? On what basis? Because some disgruntled vendor who didn't get the contract told you a different story?

You know, I really enjoy this forum. But sometimes it seems to me that some people go out of their way to constantly accuse people of lying or some kind of deception. It's ridiculous.

The truth is that the only people who really know what happened are Bernie and Tony. Period. But, I have ZERO interest in becoming some kind of warped, distrustful conspiracy theorist who's constantly accusing other people of lying or of being anything less than honest in their statements. And it seems to me that -- at least on the subject of jackets -- there sure is an awful lot of that going around.

This place cracks me up sometimes.

Tony
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

Post a picture of the Smithsonian jacket and I will post a pic of the archive jacket.

I don't think Tony Nowak is lying, he may be mistaken. He is not as obsessed as we are! He may have put 2 and 2 together and got 6.

I would LOVE the Smithsonian jacket to have been the source as it has been proved to be a Bermans and by that fact an original Leather Concessionaires jacket.
Last edited by Kt Templar on Thu May 29, 2008 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cowboy
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Cowboy »

Kt Templar wrote:Post a picture of the Smithsonian jacket and I will post a pic of the archive jacket. Then we can decide who is mistaken.
Like this?
http://www.theraider.net/showimage.php? ... oto_01.jpg
Dr._J
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Dr._J »

Mike wrote:Yep, my 'bizzaro twin' beat me to it.

A rather comical event in a long string of similarities between us.
I also heard you both like Indiana Jones? Any truth to that? ;)

Seriously, congrats on your purchases fellas. Can't wait to hear how you like your jackets!

Regards, Dr. J
Rundquist
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Rundquist »

TonyRush wrote:

Tony
Both the Crusade & Crystal Skull jackets were based on the same Lee Keppler/Flightsuits (Gibson & Barnes)-made "fan jacket" that Lee created. Cheers

ps- I'm sure that it will be in the new jacket write up soon.
Last edited by Rundquist on Thu May 29, 2008 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Indiana G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Indiana G »

i'm not sure what mr. nowak copied and i'm not arguing anything.....but i thought i read a post stating that the LC jacket in the smithsonian (or maybe one of the LC jackets on display somewhere else) was never on film but an extra from the wardrobe department.
coronado3
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by coronado3 »

Either way, Tony did a bang up job of recreating the LC style seam distressing.
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

Here you go, this is Bernie's assistant wearing the archive jacket:

This is the Smithsonian Jacket, thank you Cowboy.

TonyRush
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by TonyRush »

Indiana G, sorry if I seemed to take offense at this conversation. I've just tired recently of all the vendor-squabbling that apparently goes on where one vendor claims to have been wronged by another....or accuses another vendor of not being honest in their dealings.....

....then then it trickles down to the COW members where people take sides according to whichever vendor THEY have personally done business with. It's all so tedious.

As far as whether or not the Smithsonian jacket was screen-used or not, you might want to chime in on this thread: viewtopic.php?t=30464

According to the Smithsonian, their jacket was donated "by Harrison Ford and Lucasfilms" (reference here. While that doesn't mean that the jacket is screen-used....it seems odd that Harrison would be credited with donating the jacket if it was just one of the extra ones from the prop department.

So, I'm NOT the authority on whether the Smithsonian jacket was screen-used. I just don't have any problem believing that Bernie borrowed that jacket back to use as a template for the new jackets.

Tony
Tony
coronado3
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by coronado3 »

SO..... if Lee kepler had FS make that jacket for him to recreate the raiders jacket, why did he have the press studs added?!?!?!?!?!?!?! This was all before LC....
Rundquist
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Rundquist »

coronado3 wrote:SO..... if Lee kepler had FS make that jacket for him to recreate the raiders jacket, why did he have the press studs added?!?!?!?!?!?!?! This was all before LC....
At the time there was no “Raiders” jacket. There was only an Indiana Jones jacket. There were no dvd’s, no computer screen captures. You were lucky to have video at the time. So there wasn’t really a perceived difference between movie jackets. On top of that, TOD was much more fresh as far as perception goes. It was more recent and an actual TOD jacket was examined by Keppler. As far as the press studs go, they were a request. They weren’t standard on the jacket that he sold. I believe that Lucasfilm purchased two jackets from Lee, one with press studs and one without. Cheers

The collar looks pretty LC to me.

Indiana G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Indiana G »

TonyRush wrote:Indiana G, sorry if I seemed to take offense at this conversation. I've just tired recently of all the vendor-squabbling that apparently goes on where one vendor claims to have been wronged by another....or accuses another vendor of not being honest in their dealings.....

....then then it trickles down to the COW members where people take sides according to whichever vendor THEY have personally done business with. It's all so tedious.

As far as whether or not the Smithsonian jacket was screen-used or not, you might want to chime in on this thread: viewtopic.php?t=30464

According to the Smithsonian, their jacket was donated "by Harrison Ford and Lucasfilms" (reference here. While that doesn't mean that the jacket is screen-used....it seems odd that Harrison would be credited with donating the jacket if it was just one of the extra ones from the prop department.

So, I'm NOT the authority on whether the Smithsonian jacket was screen-used. I just don't have any problem believing that Bernie borrowed that jacket back to use as a template for the new jackets.

Tony
Tony
no offense taken tony. just remember the following irrefutable facts:

- mr. nowak made the CS jacket and is offering it to fans at a reduced cost (same jacket folks, from the same maker....distressed too, which is my favourite part)
- peter's prototype CS jacket is available to customers at one heck of a deal, just like the rest of his offerings
- G&B leather is way too shiney ( :P that's for you rundquist :lol: )

perhaps before some of us "die on this hill" as _ would say......did anyone read the jacket history on the main site? any info in regards to what we are discussing now?
CM
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by CM »

Kt Templar wrote:Here you go, this is Bernie's assistant wearing the archive jacket:

KT, I'm fairly certain that jacket worn by Bernie's assitant above here is not the jacket the others are based on. It can't be the Keppler archive jacket; it has the wrong leather (this one is the new pre-distressed leather) and has a double seam on the shoulder. This is a first draft CS jacket made by Peter or by Tony, surely.

Cheers.
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

It's not one of Peter's, fascinating isn't it! :)

The pockets and the distance from the zipper and the bottom of the jacket are pretty similar to the Keppler. But the Keppler has a US zipper where this sample has a UK one.

The unusual leather was the first thing that struck me as odd too.
IndyBlues
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by IndyBlues »

Engine, engine Number 9
On the New York Transit Line
If my train goes off the track
Pick it up!
Pick it up!
Pick it up!

Any chance we can get this back on track about Nowak jacket owners?
Seems to just be another continuation of the other Nowak thread.
'Blues
PSBIndy
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by PSBIndy »

Kt Templar wrote:Here you go, this is Bernie's assistant wearing the archive jacket:

Is it my imagination or is that jacket looking awefully short for a CS jacket?
TonyRush
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by TonyRush »

Can I just say that I'm not a patient person? I cannot imagine having to wait 11-20 months for an AB.....but this waiting a week or so for my new Tony Nowak jacket is enough for me!

I talked to him today and he said he'd call for a final conversation before he starts on my jacket. So, until I hear from him, my order is just "in the pipeline".

Grrr......I hate waiting! LOL

Tony
RNomura
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by RNomura »

Hey!

I guess I can officially post in this thread now as I took possession of my Nowak this afternoon. She's a beauty! #666 with a blood red lining... J/K at least about the red lining.

Beautiful weathering and a solid build!

~Ron
Demaroth
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Demaroth »

RNomura wrote:Hey!

I guess I can officially post in this thread now as I took possession of my Nowak this afternoon. She's a beauty! #666 with a blood red lining... J/K at least about the red lining.

~Ron
Stop slacking and post some pics! :D

- John
TonyRush
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by TonyRush »

~Ron
How funny is that! I told my wife I wondered if someone would specifically REQUEST #666....or if it would be among one of the last sold. How funny that it was sold to one of our very own COW members. :)

I chose #519. My wife and I met on May 19th and I thought that'd be a cool thing to carry around inside my custom jacket. :)

Tony
CM
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by CM »

PSBIndy wrote:

Is it my imagination or is that jacket looking awefully short for a CS jacket?
Yes, it is your imagination. The guy's shirt is out and he appears tall..
The real question is - WHERE DID THIS PHOTO COME FROM? Who made the jacket?
Mannie Bothans
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Mannie Bothans »

When I first placed my order, I asked Tony if I could have the lowest number that was still available. I don't know if he remembers that I asked him for that, but he gave me number 103. I know that is not any kind of a guage about how many he has already sold (nor do I know if that is, indeed, actually the lowest number that is still left) but I thought I would share that info nonetheless.

My Nowack jacket should arrive today. I hope my wife will be home to sign for it.

Every single time I have talked to Tony on the phone, he says "I want you to beat the s*** out of that thing, but don't take it to the cleaners." He must get tired of saying that. Two days ago, Tony called me to tell me the jacket was ready. We'd discussed how I wanted the jacket weathered, and I asked for very light distressing. He told me the horizontal stripes we see on some jackets are not stripes, but just the result of the sleeves bunching up and they would fade and blend over time. He told me he distressed every single jacket he supplied to the production, but he always stops short of telling me what they did to the jackets on set after they received them. he always says something like, "Yeh, they got them wet, and they... well, i don't want to give away their secrets." So I think he might know exactly what they put on the jackets to make them look so "new" in some scenes, but he's not telling. He came close one time, but he didn't tell me. At any rate, Tony will try to do just about anything you ask him. He really wants to supply the distressing the way he wants to, he thinks it gives the jacket character, especially after it fades a bit and blends in and "settles down" as he says. He didn't seem to want to supply a jacket with no distressing at all, but then again, that wasn't what I asking for. I was just asking him to go a little easier on the distressing on my jacket. Even if my wife is home today to sign for the jacket, I do not have a digital camera, so it would be a while before I could develop pics.

Two nights ago I was sound asleep and at around 12:30 eastern time my cell phone rang. I don't remember the conversation at all, but my wife tells me I answered the phone and overheard the following coversation:

Me: Hello.

Distinct Accent: Chris, the jacket is coming to you.

(At this point my wife begins to wonder if I am working with some foreign spies and I have just received a call with a secret phrase. I am still totally asleep.)

Me: Huh?

Distinct Accent: The jacket is coming to you right now.

(At this point my wife is convinced I am working with some foreign spy and I have just received a call with a secret passcode. I am still totally asleep.)

Me: Wha?

Distinct Accent: Chris? The jacket is coming for you. I just shipped it to you, just like you want it. Did I wake you up?

(At this point I am still totally asleep, and my wife finally realizes this is about the Indy jacket ant that I am not working with some foreign spy.)

Tony: I am calling to give you your Fed Ex shipping number so you can track it. Can you write this down.

Me: Um...

Tony: I have your tracking number.

Me: Um...

Tony: Can you write it down?

Me: Um. Wha? Yeh.

Tony: Number, number, number, number, number, number, number, number, number, number, number, number, number, number, number, number, number, number, number, number, number, number, number, number, number.

Tony: Same number as before, same number, same number, same number, same number, same number, same number, same number, same number, same number, same number, same number, same number, same number, same number, same number, same number, same number.

Me: Okay.

Tony: I want you to beat the s*** out of that thing, but don't take it to the cleaners.

Me: Oh, hi Tony. Thanks.

Tony: Enjoy the jacket.

I still don't remember any of that conversation.

TonyRush wrote:

~Ron
How funny is that! I told my wife I wondered if someone would specifically REQUEST #666....or if it would be among one of the last sold. How funny that it was sold to one of our very own COW members. :)

I chose #519. My wife and I met on May 19th and I thought that'd be a cool thing to carry around inside my custom jacket. :)

Tony
TonyRush
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by TonyRush »

Me: Okay.

Tony: I want you to beat the s*** out of that thing, but don't take it to the cleaners.

Me: Oh, hi Tony. Thanks.

Tony: Enjoy the jacket.
OMG, that is the funniest thing I've read all week. Sounds just like him. I'm cracking up.

Tony
Chewie Louie
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Chewie Louie »

You know it's funny, I recall Toy telling me the same thing about beating the s*** out of the jacket and to not take it to the dry clearers. What's with the tag inside the jacket that says dry clean only?
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

I chose #519. My wife and I met on May 19th and I thought that'd be a cool thing to carry around inside my custom jacket.

Tony
That's the number I would have chosen myself. That's my birth date.
:tup:
Regards! Michaelson
taikonaut
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by taikonaut »

TonyRush wrote:Indiana G, sorry if I seemed to take offense at this conversation. I've just tired recently of all the vendor-squabbling that apparently goes on where one vendor claims to have been wronged by another....or accuses another vendor of not being honest in their dealings.....

Tony
Tony
In the film business a lot of things are guarded and deliberately not elaborated, revealing the truth might bring difficulties and legal proceedings. It was only last week that Fedora Steve was told by Bernie that other hats by different vendors were "screen tested" by Speilberg before he settled for the brown hat despite of what the crew prefers. I can see other things remain untold. Also in a number of interviews involving Bernie it sounded as if he struggled and stumbled his way into finding the right gears by accident without any assistance. Maybe he did to some exetent but one would have thought he would have credited COW and its fans and vendors, maybe he did on another interview but I have not seen.
taikonaut
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by taikonaut »

CM wrote:

KT, I'm fairly certain that jacket worn by Bernie's assitant above here is not the jacket the others are based on. It can't be the Keppler archive jacket; it has the wrong leather (this one is the new pre-distressed leather) and has a double seam on the shoulder. This is a first draft CS jacket made by Peter or by Tony, surely.

Cheers.
I am only looking at the pocket flap here but the curved shape of that archive/Smithsonian jacket does look very much like this publicity photo for CS
Whether the above jacket is made by TN or Peter we dont know but Wested is quite happy to have that particular image up on their workshop as featured on BBC :idea:
Indiana G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Indiana G »

Maybe he did to some exetent but one would have thought he would have credited COW and its fans and vendors, maybe he did on another interview but I have not seen.
man, i would have loved to see that in the credits....it definitely make the movie better :P

time to kick this thread back on the rails. per what mr. nowak instructed i've been wearing mine out daily....in the rain, in the sun, in the wind, etc. it's starting to form nicely to me. this is definitely the best jacket that i own...which is quite a bold statement for sure.

i'm thinking if for some reason if i destroy this thing.....say i get dragged behind a bus.....do you think tony would make a replacement if we paid for it (knowing that it was number so and so of 777)?
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

..especially since he was the one who told you to beat the crud out of it in the first place? GOOD question.... :-k :lol: :wink:

Regard! Michaelson
Chewie Louie
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Chewie Louie »

taikonaut wrote:I am only looking at the pocket flap here but the curved shape of that archive/Smithsonian jacket does look very much like this publicity photo for CS
Whether the above jacket is made by TN or Peter we dont know but Wested is quite happy to have that particular image up on their workshop as featured on BBC :idea:
Not sure why, since it's not his jacket. Anyway, this image appears to be a publicity photo from the scene where he says, "part time." Once again, the pocket appears to be curved and look scalloped, it isn't. Go see the movie again.
Nebraska Brad
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Nebraska Brad »

On my second time seeing the movie I was watching for the elusive scalloped pocket. In the scene where he and Mutt are walking through the streets in the market place there is that famous shot that is floated as evidence of the scalloped pocket. As you watch Indy walk you see a view in the same shot that shows a non scalloped pocket and then as he turns the scalloped illusion appears. At least this is how I saw it. Can someone else confirm or deny this?

-Nebraska
Chewie Louie
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Chewie Louie »

Nebraska Brad wrote:On my second time seeing the movie I was watching for the elusive scalloped pocket. In the scene where he and Mutt are walking through the streets in the market place there is that famous shot that is floated as evidence of the scalloped pocket. As you watch Indy walk you see a view in the same shot that shows a non scalloped pocket and then as he turns the scalloped illusion appears. At least this is how I saw it. Can someone else confirm or deny this?

-Nebraska
Yes. I covered that in the other Nowak jacket thread.
Indiana G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Indiana G »

just got back from watching CS for the second time as my jacket needed to watch it with me....er....i mean, some friends wanted to go tonite....yep...that's what i meant.

anyways, i paid closer attention to the gear this time. there's definitely a coating of something-something on the jacket. what it is, i do not know....perhaps some sealant or oil of some kind.....dare we say pecard? regardless it returns a sheen to the leather for sure. i wish i knew what it was and how it was applied.
taikonaut
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by taikonaut »

Nebraska Brad wrote:On my second time seeing the movie I was watching for the elusive scalloped pocket. In the scene where he and Mutt are walking through the streets in the market place there is that famous shot that is floated as evidence of the scalloped pocket. As you watch Indy walk you see a view in the same shot that shows a non scalloped pocket and then as he turns the scalloped illusion appears. At least this is how I saw it. Can someone else confirm or deny this?

-Nebraska
Wested has been in the business far too long not to be uncareful about using other people's jacket for their own publicity. Was I surprise they used that picture? If it isnt their jacket then of course I am but he may have had a reason to. Their are rules in the movie business, my friend is involved in it. Peter mentioned about shadowy figures performing castration and other nasty stuff if you dont tow the line is very true. You only get to see the family friendly utopian back patting comaraderie of the movie business. The other side of the business, the uglier side, they dont want you to see. It is the way things gets done and how people make a living directly or indirectly connected with the industry and that is a lot of different people.
FYI I dont own a Wested so no brand loyalty.
I am pretty sure they had jackets with the so call scalloped pockets in the film. Not saying who made this or that jacket. For non action slow scenes they are more likely to have a premium looking ones as oppose to the ones used for action and by stuntmen. Also nowadays computer enhancement are used to correct anything.