Raiders fedora choies

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

Indiana Jake
Dig Leader
Dig Leader
Location: Seated in a Pan Am Sea Plane, flying over a map of Glendale, CA

Raiders fedora choies

Post by Indiana Jake »

I'm sure that there are many Indy hats but who is really making a GREAT Raiders hat? I have noticed AB has a hand built and a factory built hat coming. Also there is the Lee Keppler Beaver Brand Hat. I've worn Beaver Brand hats before, and am impressed for a factory hat. what about color? Please tell me all brown hats aren't the same!

Jake
DR Ulloa
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by DR Ulloa »

Lee offers an outstanding hat. I could not possibly be happier with mine. The color is pretty SA too. And the price is more than fair. That being said, the Magnoli Herbert Johnson is the closest hat you can get for the Raiders look as it is made by the original hatter of Raiders. The best thing about the Mag/HJ is that Steve Delk, of Adventurebilt, pounces the felt, reblocks the crown, and sews in the ribbon. I am not quite sure if anything else is done. With the Mag/HJ you are essentially getting a rabbit AB. It is very durable. The AB is also a great choice. Steve offers the best hat around that will last you a life time and no one makes or bashes hats like Steve, except Marc. Ken at Camptown also offers a very reaosnably priced Raiders fedora. I would go with a Keppler or Camptown if you are not looking to spend big bucks. I would go with the Magnoli HJ if youw ant authenticity and the AB if you want the best quality available.

Dave
Mark Brody
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Mark Brody »

AB is definitely the most accurate Raiders hat you'll find. They've got the only known hat with the correct ribbon, and the felt color is a perfect match, too (but I suppose that could be a matter of opinion). Another hat that could take the Raiders bash well is the Fed or Fed Deluxe. It's rabbit, not beaver, but still pretty high quality.
Chewbacca Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Chewbacca Jones »

Not all brown hats are the same, no.
The best Raiders hat is AB, the most accurate is the Magnoli HJ (which is just HJ materials worked by AB and sold by Mags). After that, the Federation IV's and the Kepplers are pretty darn good alternatives. The rest look better suited to the other movies' hats. My opinion. Still, in the right hands, even some the least adequate hats can look the part. But you gotta be scary-good at bashing. Like Aeris Cannon. His bashing super powers are a wonder to behold. :shock:
Indycrazy5187
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

raiders

Post by Indycrazy5187 »

Strong the force is with Steve Delk
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Re: raiders

Post by BendingOak »

Indycrazy5187 wrote:Strong the force is with Steve Delk

Yes it is.
r.deckard
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by r.deckard »

I've had an Optimo for the past 4 1/2 years and I absolutely love it. Best I've seen so far. I have never seen an AB in person to be able to compare the two.