Todd's Shirt has finally ARRIVED !!! (w/ many pics)

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

McFly
Scoundrel

Post by McFly »

From where is the sleeve measured? I ordered a small and after looking at the measurements you posted, 33.5" looks like it'll go to my knuckles (if I start at my neck!). Also, the 15" neck measurement is basically the circumference of the collar when buttoned closed, right?

Shane
Puppetboy
Vendor

Post by Puppetboy »

Mannie,

If you ordered any size other than "Large", you should have it in time (barring any further delays from the factory).

Shane, measure your sleeve from your spine behind your neck, over your shoulder, and around your bent elbow to your wrist. And, yes, the collar size is the buttoned size.

Fink, I'll look into the colors depending on how well things go with my new manufacturer. If all goes smoothly, I will see if it is feasible to do small runs in alternate colors. But I think my next move is a short sleeve version.

Todd
McFly
Scoundrel

Post by McFly »

Aha! From the spine behind my neck is perfect. :) Thanks, Todd!

Shane
indyfyfe
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by indyfyfe »

Hey Todd, when do you think you'll have Larges in? And your budget holster?
I am really wanting one of each of these!!!

Brad
MACHONE
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by MACHONE »

MARQ wrote:I see that there´s a lot of talk about the dimensions of the Todd´s Large size shirt, HF SIZE!! For cryin´out loud,this is a note to somebody who already owns the shirt:measure the shirt thorougly and post the results in this forum!!! GEES,IT´S THAT SIMPLE!
Here are the measurements that I took from my Large with a fabric measure. This should give you a good idea on the fit. I am a size 42 regular.
Neck 16"
Sleeve Shoulder to Cuff 25"
Collar To Shoulder 7"
Sleeve Mid Back to Cuff 35"
Back Length bottom of collar to bottom of shirt 31 1/2"
Chest Armpit To Armpit 23"
Armpit to bottom of shirt 17"
Back Shoulder to Shoulder straight across back 20 1/2"
Waist - Most Narrow Point of Midsection 40"
Waist Flares to at Bottom 46"
Hope this helps in your quest to to clone Ford :D .
Ben
Last edited by MACHONE on Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mannie Bothans
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Mannie Bothans »

Puppetboy wrote:Mannie,

If you ordered any size other than "Large", you should have it in time (barring any further delays from the factory).

Todd
Thanks for the updates. I preordered an XL (and a gunbelt, and a WG holster, and a bag strap, and a web belt).
TheMechanic
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by TheMechanic »

Too bad they're not taking pre-orders for the large. I tried yesterday. I hope they don't sell out again before I can get one.
ichnob
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by ichnob »

Mannie needs his shirt in June, and Todd wants to get it to him in time. That's a huge relief for my wait period then (I need mine by mid-July). Here's hoping that everything works out smoothly for you, Todd. Can't wait to receive the shirt + other items ordered.
MARQ
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by MARQ »

Here is a measurement chart for those who have been asking:
S M L XL XXL
Neck 15" 15.5" 16" 16.5" 17"
Sleeve 33.5" 34" 34.5" 35" 35.5"
Puppetboy,did I get this right..if the above specs get 0.5 inches bigger by size, do the chest and backlength have the same "alterations"?
When you get the new stock I´m in for one; either Large or XLarge, I don´t know which one, until this issue gets solved.
The Shirt is very nice indeed, I got sidetracked for awhile but I came back on track after seeing the images on this thread. :D
Zach R.
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Zach R. »

16.5 neck for the XLs? Hopefully I never have to button that sucker up, I'm around a 17.5. :lol:

The body should fit fine, though.
Zach R.
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Zach R. »

Anyone received their smalls yet? I assume that the small being in line first after the larges shipped is still in effect.
myamoebafriend
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by myamoebafriend »

Zach R. wrote:Anyone received their smalls yet? I assume that the small being in line first after the larges shipped is still in effect.
*sigh* Not yet....
McFly
Scoundrel

Post by McFly »

Not yet here either!

Shane
rbinko2001
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by rbinko2001 »

I emailed Todd a few weeks ago about my shirt, mine was an XL, he said he should get them around the 25th. I don't know how long shipping takes after that.
Mannie Bothans
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Mannie Bothans »

rbinko2001 wrote:I emailed Todd a few weeks ago about my shirt, mine was an XL, he said he should get them around the 25th. I don't know how long shipping takes after that.
When did you pre-order the XL?

Regarding shipping, here is the deal on an in-stock item that I ordered from him and he shipped within two days:

Your package is on time with a scheduled delivery date of 06/11/2008.

Type: Package
Scheduled Delivery: 06/11/2008
Shipped To: LEXINGTON, KY, US
Shipped/Billed On: 06/05/2008
Service: GROUND
Weight: 1.00 Lb

--------------------
Package Progress
Location Date Local Time Description
LEXINGTON,
KY, US 06/11/2008 5:54 A.M. OUT FOR DELIVERY
06/11/2008 5:09 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
INDIANAPOLIS,
IN, US 06/11/2008 1:04 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
INDIANAPOLIS,
IN, US 06/10/2008 6:27 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
HODGKINS,
IL, US 06/10/2008 12:39 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
HODGKINS,
IL, US 06/09/2008 11:43 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
CERRITOS,
CA, US 06/06/2008 5:08 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
06/06/2008 2:00 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
VERNON,
CA, US 06/06/2008 1:33 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
06/06/2008 12:42 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
BAKERSFIELD,
CA, US 06/05/2008 9:47 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
06/05/2008 8:48 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN
US 06/05/2008 6:03 P.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

Tracking results provided by UPS: 06/11/2008 2:16 P.M. ET

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I was hoping this could also contain my shirt, belt, strap, and holster-- but I ordered an XL, so it appears as though the shirts haven't even been delivered to Todd's yet.
rbinko2001
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by rbinko2001 »

I ordered my XL on 5/20.
Puppetboy
Vendor

Post by Puppetboy »

Sorry, guys, there has been another delay by the factory - some mumbo jumbo about a new cutting machine that doesn't work. Now they are telling me they will begin sending partial shipments by the end of the month.

I sincerely apologize to all of you who are waiting on pre-orders. This company has not kept one of their promised delivery dates, and I will not be using them in the future. There really is nothing I can do to make the situation any better. If I had any idea this would happen, I would not have taken pre-orders just to avoid this situation. I thought I could trust these guys, but now I know they really don't have their act together.

Todd
Playmount
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Playmount »

Puppetboy wrote:Sorry, guys, there has been another delay by the factory - some mumbo jumbo about a new cutting machine that doesn't work. Now they are telling me they will begin sending partial shipments by the end of the month.

I sincerely apologize to all of you who are waiting on pre-orders. This company has not kept one of their promised delivery dates, and I will not be using them in the future. There really is nothing I can do to make the situation any better. If I had any idea this would happen, I would not have taken pre-orders just to avoid this situation. I thought I could trust these guys, but now I know they really don't have their act together.

Todd
Wow. Though... I can't really say I'm surprised. In the back of my mind I was expecting another delay, based on how this factory has treated you so far. I figured I wouldn't see this shirt until late summer. Will mediums be part of this partial shipment, by any chance? I can still hope.

Also, you mentioned looking for another factory for your next run of shirts. If you've located one, might I suggest getting the process started with them ASAP so that in the event of yet another delay from the first factory (what's your limit?), you can tell them to shove it, get your money back, and quickly shift gears and get some shirts from the new factory.

Hey, as long as the shirt fits and it looks great (regardless of where it's from)... all of this will be forgotten. By me anyway. I never went to see the new film and was never planning on dressing up in full gear or anything... so this delay was never really THAT stressful or important.

I would just like to eventually own this darn shirt! :lol:
ichnob
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by ichnob »

Wow, that really stinks, Todd. I hope it can all get sorted out soon. Boo-urns to that company for the extended delays. Waiting for this shirt has been like waiting for Smash Bros. Brawl last year (Dec. 2007 to Feb. 2008, then finally, Mar. 2008).

I hope the shirts come in soon, because I know you have a lot of bundles waiting to be shipped out once the shirts actually arrive. Maybe I should just drop by your store and pick up some of the other items I ordered. I can still wait for the shirt for a while.
Puppetboy
Vendor

Post by Puppetboy »

We've already placed a second order with another company several months ago. The process with them is well underway. But that order won't be here any faster than the original one, so there's no advantage in cancelling. I just won't work with them anymore, so it's their loss.

The second order will be here mid-July, and there won't be any shortage this time.
Mannie Bothans
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Mannie Bothans »

Thanks for the updates. My holster arrived today (I presume my belt and strap are waiting with my XL shirt) and I am pleased with the holster, though it looks darker than I expected.

Is this new company supplying the shirts in a slightly different color?
Puppetboy wrote:We've already placed a second order with another company several months ago. The process with them is well underway. But that order won't be here any faster than the original one, so there's no advantage in cancelling. I just won't work with them anymore, so it's their loss.

The second order will be here mid-July, and there won't be any shortage this time.
IndyMo
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by IndyMo »

Todd,

Thanks for the update - This was my fathers day gift from my children but I'm still happy that I wil be getting it at some point.

Mike
Cowboy
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Cowboy »

Puppetboy wrote:We've already placed a second order with another company several months ago. The process with them is well underway. But that order won't be here any faster than the original one, so there's no advantage in cancelling. I just won't work with them anymore, so it's their loss.

Todd, I ordered the end of April along with a bag and deluxe long-strap--- anyway to get that shipped in the mean time while I wait?
Puppetboy
Vendor

Post by Puppetboy »

We're clean out of straps, too. We'll have them about the same time as the shirts.
protokev
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by protokev »

Mannie Bothans wrote:
I'm interested in this answer as well
MARQ
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by MARQ »

What about bags?
Puppetboy
Vendor

Post by Puppetboy »

What about bags?
I've got bags.
I should be seeing the first production sample soon and then I can tell you.

BTW, the factory promises to ship Friday. We'll see.
myamoebafriend
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by myamoebafriend »

Puppetboy wrote:BTW, the factory promises to ship Friday. We'll see.
YES!!! That's today!
Puppetboy
Vendor

Post by Puppetboy »

Yes, they did ship. We will have them by Wednesday. Hopefully, they will all be shipped by Friday.
Cowboy
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Cowboy »

Puppetboy wrote:Yes, they did ship. We will have them by Wednesday. Hopefully, they will all be shipped by Friday.
It is amazing how many companies today will not perform or honor their word. I am in the Manufacturing industry and if we ever were to pull what your vendors did to you Todd, we would be drop kicked to the curb monetarily speaking. Do you have any recourse for their not meeting deadlines? Anyway, looking forward to mine. Cowboy
Mississippi Jones
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Mississippi Jones »

The shirts have shipped?!! GREAT! Todd, I sent you an email about my address change. Did you get it? :lol:
ichnob
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by ichnob »

Cowboy wrote:
Puppetboy wrote:Yes, they did ship. We will have them by Wednesday. Hopefully, they will all be shipped by Friday.
It is amazing how many companies today will not perform or honor their word. I am in the Manufacturing industry and if we ever were to pull what your vendors did to you Todd, we would be drop kicked to the curb monetarily speaking. Do you have any recourse for their not meeting deadlines? Anyway, looking forward to mine. Cowboy
If I'm not mistaken, I think Todd went to another company for their next run of shirts. That second company should be close to finishing their order as well.
myamoebafriend
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by myamoebafriend »

FINALLY, I just got my size small! I haven't washed it yet because there are other things in the washer right now, and I probably won't be able to until later tonight. But I've worn it and let me agree with everyone who has gotten one: If you buy a small, MAKE SURE you are a small. I'm kind of scared to put in the washer and dryer though because I don't know how well it will fit if it shrinks at all.

My camera is dead, so I had to take pictures with an Apple iSight camera. Sorry.

Blinds OPEN, Lights ON:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/ ... Photo3.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/ ... Photo7.jpg

Blinds OPEN, Lights OFF:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/ ... hoto10.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/ ... hoto13.jpg

Blinds CLOSED, Lights ON:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/ ... hoto11.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/ ... hoto12.jpg

*UPDATE* I washed it and it was fine. No shrinkage (that I could tell), and it got the awesome little wrinkles too :wink:. Todd, the shirt fits FANTASTICALLY! As I said before if you want to get the small, you better make sure thats what you are.
Henry Jones III
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Henry Jones III »

My Todd's XL arrived last week. It's a size too big, so it hangs just like Warehouse scene from Crystal Skull. I initially wasn't too keen on the colour, but again, under natural lighting it's very Crystal Skull/Temple of Doom-ish.
IndyMo
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by IndyMo »

Henry Jones III wrote:My Todd's XL arrived last week. It's a size too big, so it hangs just like Warehouse scene from Crystal Skull. I initially wasn't too keen on the colour, but again, under natural lighting it's very Crystal Skull/Temple of Doom-ish.
As some are finding that this shirt runs too small, you way want to work out at trade for a Large with someone. Come on any takers out there?
JC1972
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by JC1972 »

Henry Jones III wrote:My Todd's XL arrived last week. It's a size too big, so it hangs just like Warehouse scene from Crystal Skull. I initially wasn't too keen on the colour, but again, under natural lighting it's very Crystal Skull/Temple of Doom-ish.
How tall/big are you? I'm 6'3, 200 lbs and I find the shirt to be a bit snug and short. Sleeves are okay though.
SankaraRaider
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by SankaraRaider »

Whee! Can't wait to get my Medium, been waiting since May, and it finally shipped out yesterday! :D
Henry Jones III
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Henry Jones III »

As some are finding that this shirt runs too small, you way want to work out at trade for a Large with someone. Come on any takers out there?
I've got a large on the way. I did actually order the correct size (XL), but it took so long to arrive that by the time it got here I'd lost a fair bit of weight.

I'd like to hang onto both though.
IndyMo
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by IndyMo »

Henry Jones III wrote:
I've got a large on the way. I did actually order the correct size (XL), but it took so long to arrive that by the time it got here I'd lost a fair bit of weight.

I'd like to hang onto both though.
Always good to have a spare - you never know!
msrowe88
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by msrowe88 »

can't wait for mine to come, i hope it fits