Fed and Fed Deluxe

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

Quickbeam
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Fed and Fed Deluxe

Post by Quickbeam »

I've had my Federation for about 6 months now, and I love it. I don't get to wear it much, because Little Rock is pulling heat indecies in the 110's... oh well, there's always debate tournaments!

My question is concerning the Federation Deluxe. What's the difference? What does a higher quality felt really mean? Is it worth it?

Thanks,
Jeremy
Kentucky Blues
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Kentucky Blues »

Well, Higher quality felt means . . . well, the felt is of higher quality. I also believe that the fed deluxe is of a more accurate color, but I'm not exactly sure. I've never held a fed, so i have nothing to compare my fed deluxe to, so I don't know if it's worth it or not. But others might be abe tl ;)
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

The Deluxe is a more accurate color, and the felt is a bit softer and denser than the standard Fed. Regards. Michaelson
PropReplicator
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by PropReplicator »

Is everything else the same between the reg. and deluxe? I mean ribbon and bow size/style, crown height, brim size, etc?
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Yes. It does have the better liner with the 'Akubra Heritage' label, but other than what has been said above, it's the same as the Fed in all those characteristics. Regards. Michaelson
Dakota Ellison
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Dakota Ellison »

Here's a pic of the Feds; Deluxe left, Standard right.

PropReplicator
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by PropReplicator »

I'm sold. Deluxe it is. :)
Gater
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Gater »

PR, you will NOT be disappointed. I got my Deluxe last week, and it has not been off my head except to sleep or shower. I LOVE it. The felt is top-quality, and the shape is exquisite! It definitely gets my recommendation. :tup:
Renderking Fisk
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Renderking Fisk »

My reg-Fed isn't nearly that color green, it never was. It's closer to the mid brown you see in the pic of the Delux you see above.
Indycraze71
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Indycraze71 »

I've been enjoying my Fed-regular for a couple of days now, I haven't got a Delux yet, but my curiousity to see the differences first-hand will probably lead me to buy a Delux inna little while. However the regular fed is fantastic the people who have seen it really like the way it looks and feels and so do I. I can't tell you which is a more accurate color cuz my Fed is charcoal grey since its not my only Indy hat I wanted a different color. Either choice you make I bet you'll be a happy hat owner no matter what! :wink: Brett