Thanks to COW....

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

swisslet
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Thanks to COW....

Post by swisslet »

Hello.

Just a quick post to proffer up my humble thanks for all the help and guidance that I have found in these forums.

I've been a hat wearer for a number of years now, quickly graduating from baseball caps to a floppy leather Barmah hat that I wore around Australia and on to a couple of Panamas - including one that I picked up in person in Otavalo market in Ecuador. A few weeks ago, though, I made the decision that I wanted to pick up a more durable but sylish hat. One that I could wear out and about town, but also take travelling with me - perhaps a fedora. A little cursory google searching quickly led me here....

I wasn't looking for an Indy fedora, particularly, but amongst all of the huge depth of information and opinion on screen accurate pinches and centre creases, I found a wealth of resources on hats and where to get them, as well as lots and lots of pictures and testimonials.

I had been dabbling with the idea of a wool felt hat, perhaps even a DP, but after a lot of reading, I quickly realised my mistake and I settled on getting a Fed IV deluxe from Hats Direct... and I have been really, really pleased with it. Firstly, and as many of you have testified, the customer service offered by Ron and his team was second to none, and they really helped me make an informed decision on sizing. Above all though, it's a great hat. It was open crown, which initially seemed a bit daunting, but of course there was a whole pile of stuff on these forums to help me with that....

I've gone for a tear-drop crease, I'm afraid, but I'm very pleased with my new acquisition and I wanted to pop by and thank everyone at COW for their input.

...and I already know that my next hat is going to be an AB.

....and much though I'm not a gearhead, I have to say that I really like the look of those Wested jackets too.

d*mn it! I'm hooked!

Thanks guys. You already know this, I'm sure, but these forums are great.

ST
DR Ulloa
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by DR Ulloa »

Welcome to COW. I'm glad you like your new Federation. There is nothing wrong with a tear drop, just not for an Indy hat. I actually like tear drops, though I prefer a center dent. Congrats on the hat and welcome.

Dave
Fink
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Fink »

"Tear drops, why does it have to be tear drops?"

Just kidding, actually my favorite gray fedora is a tear drop! :lol: :oops:
Indycrazy5187
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

COW

Post by Indycrazy5187 »

I too must thank COW members. I haven't met a fan that is as helpful as an Indy fan. I've learned so much and have the ability now to help others when looking for a fedora lets say. If it weren't for COW, I wouldn't have found the hat I was looking for. Thank you guys and gals.
Buchanan Bob
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Buchanan Bob »

Welcome Swisslet! There are a bunch of great folks here, and everyone will help you when they can.
BTJepson
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by BTJepson »

I just joined as well and it sure seems that everyone is very passionate about being Gearheads. I am a stickler for accuracy and I like hanging around people that feel the same way that I do. It's a gas being part of it all!
mtechthang
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by mtechthang »

Fink wrote:"Tear drops, why does it have to be tear drops?"

Just kidding, actually my favorite gray fedora is a tear drop! :lol: :oops:
Gray fedora? :-
Indiana G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Indiana G »

BTJepson wrote:I just joined as well and it sure seems that everyone is very passionate about being Gearheads. I am a stickler for accuracy and I like hanging around people that feel the same way that I do. It's a gas being part of it all!
no....i must warn you now....once you turn to the dark side, there is no hope of escaping.....forever will it rule your destiny.

now if you excuse me, i'm in the middle of counting braids on indy's whip in the TOD bridge scene.....77, 78, 79, 80, 81..............