Congratulations Marc and Steve. You did a great job!

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

Canyon
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Congratulations Marc and Steve. You did a great job!

Post by Canyon »

Having now seen Indy 4 three times, I must say that the AB's looked mangificent! :clap:

Those hats really took a beating in Indy's latest screen adventure and it was such a thrill to look at the hat in the movie and think to myself "I know the guys who made those!"

You guys rock!!! :clap::clap::clap:
blueoakleyz
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by blueoakleyz »

Yeah
I'm glad that you guys had to go with the LC look, it's my favorite.

By the time I can afford one these'll probably be $800 with the popularity
Harrison_Davies
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Harrison_Davies »

Indeed what a hat..I actually liked the 50's straight front pinch.

I think it says 50's. A nice touch.
Magnum Jones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Re: Congratulations Marc and Steve. You did a great job!

Post by Magnum Jones »

Canyon wrote:Having now seen Indy 4 three times, I must say that the AB's looked mangificent! :clap:

Those hats really took a beating in Indy's latest screen adventure and it was such a thrill to look at the hat in the movie and think to myself "I know the guys who made those!"

You guys rock!!! :clap::clap::clap:
I have to agree Canyon. The hats looked great. And to sit in the theater and know some of the history when no one around had a clue.

I've never gone to see a movie and had that feeling. especially a Indy movie.
Indiana Croft
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Location: In Marakesh looking for that Idol. Or some where in N.H.

Post by Indiana Croft »

Yes, Steve and Marc, my hats off to you. Get it, my hats off to you. You two made the hats for the movie and they like were totally awsome and I can't wait to get mine and to think I have a peice of the felt from one of those hats and I'm just so happy. Deep breath.

Job well done. :D :D :D

Croft
agent5
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by agent5 »

I too must agree. I paid close attention to the hats, especially the first time I saw it. Fantastic job! It looked great and held up to alot of artificial stress. Best Indy hat since Raiders without question.
blueoakleyz
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by blueoakleyz »

There were a couple scenes where the hat was THE star of the movie
IndyFrench
Writer of Things

Post by IndyFrench »

Yes, very much so - I especially scrutinized the hat in the opening scene, where it looked really awesome.
DR Ulloa
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by DR Ulloa »

The hat in the opening scene was definately my favorite, next to the gray train hat. You guys awed me. Great work guys. Here's to your continued success!

Dave
Last edited by DR Ulloa on Mon May 26, 2008 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
bigrex
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by bigrex »

Yeah, those hats were right on the money, they looked magnificent. Definitely made the film better.
Indiana Williams
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Indiana Williams »

i remember being at the midnight show and when we first see his fedora I looked down at mine and thought to myself,"Same guy who made my fedora made Indy's." Great job gentlemen, the fact you supplied the fedoras for the film is a true testament to your attention to detail and quality of work. Cant wait to buy another one of your fine feds.
Best Regards,
Joe
Johnny Fedora
Dig Leader
Dig Leader
Location: Alternating between wearing my Magnoli/AB/HJ & my Penman lids!

Post by Johnny Fedora »

Indiana Williams wrote:I remember being at the midnight show and when we first see his fedora I looked down at mine and thought to myself,"Same guy who made my fedora made Indy's."
I said the same thing to myself! Great minds think alike :wink:...

Steve and Mark, what can I add other than congratulations on this achievement!
You must both be riding high on the excitment of all of this, and its well earned. Your hats were at least to me, such a fun part of watching the new film. And knowing that one of you made my hat and also Indiana's, created a small but very real connection between me and my hero. Thank you both so much for that.

Last edited by Johnny Fedora on Sun May 25, 2008 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
myamoebafriend
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by myamoebafriend »

I long for an AB so bad...
Johnny Fedora
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Johnny Fedora »

myamoebafriend wrote:I long for an AB so bad...
Man, thats no lie! You and me both.

Johnny
myamoebafriend
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by myamoebafriend »

Johnny Fedora wrote:
myamoebafriend wrote:I long for an AB so bad...
Man, thats no lie! You and me both.

Johnny
It's not like I even have another hat that can hold me over. And even then, I'll still probably get an HJ before I'm able to get an AB (which is of course fine, I mean, it's still an HJ). I still resolve to at least get an HJ before the year is up. And hey, it will still be, like, one-third AB anyway (if I'm going for a Magnoli). But still, an AB... totally different creature right there...
Johnny Fedora
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Johnny Fedora »

myamoebafriend wrote: I still resolve to at least get an HJ before the year is up. And hey, it will still be, like, one-third AB anyway (if I'm going for a Magnoli)
If...IF?!?! I can see we're going to have to discuss Herbert Johnsons. :wink:

Johnny

p.s. Oh and its more like 2/3 AB. 1/3 HJ...
myamoebafriend
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by myamoebafriend »

Hah ok, when I say "if", of course I mean "definitely". Ok, so where exactly does Magnoli play into it exactly. Does he just buy the stock hats and send them to Steve to revamp and block them, or does he send them to Steve to just block them. Or am I totally wrong? I mean, there could be a big possibility that I am.
Johnny Fedora
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Johnny Fedora »

Nope, no stock hats. Not even close. The hat raw bodies and all the parts are sent to Fedora and he builds the hats from scratch using his blocks and know-how. Oh, and he provides his own vintage HJ ribbon for the hats. Soooo...its really the best Herbert Johnson fedora sence Deborah Nadoolman sat on that first hat back in '80! :wink:

Johnny

p.s. For a discription of the Magnoli Clothiers Herbert Johnson's construction check out... viewtopic.php?t=25584&highlight=mag+hj

p.s. And now back to "Congratulations Marc and Steve. You did a great job!" already in progress.
Last edited by Johnny Fedora on Sun May 25, 2008 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
myamoebafriend
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by myamoebafriend »

Well, that settles it. No hat that I ever have will ever not be made by anybody but Steve Delk... unless possibly it's by Marc Kitter. Which brings us back to the original topic before I kind of derailed it...

Congratulations Steve and Marc! A job undoubtedly well done!ImageImageImage
agent5
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by agent5 »

Well, that settles it. No hat that I ever have will ever not be made by anybody but Steve Delk... unless possibly it's by Marc Kitter.
I think even Marc and Steve would agree that you'd be missing out on alot if all you did was buy hats from one vendor. Variety is the spice of life.
theinterchange
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by theinterchange »

Harrison_Davies wrote:Indeed what a hat..I actually liked the 50's straight front pinch.

I think it says 50's. A nice touch.
Agreed on the 50's touch.

I cringed at the sight of the fedora on the ground bashed around at the beginning. Honestly I was thinking of the time it took to make it to be trashed around.

Such a great hat.
Mulceber
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Mulceber »

Fantastic Job Steve and Marc! I'm about to go see the movie for my second time, and I know that your hats will just make it better. :junior: -M
Bufflehead Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Bufflehead Jones »

theinterchange wrote:I cringed at the sight of the fedora on the ground bashed around at the beginning. Honestly I was thinking of the time it took to make it to be trashed around.

Such a great hat.
I think they used a DP for that scene, so the "official" Indy fedora could make it into the film. I thought I saw the Indiana Jones pin.

Just kidding. :rolling:
Oklahoma Jones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Oklahoma Jones »

I'm with you, Canyon. I spent most of the first time I watched the movie awed by the fact that the very same hat in the movie was being worn on my head. I bought 4 from Steve from the exact felt run as what was used in the movie, and it gave me more than a thrill to know that I had the same hat as good old Harry.