#### of a bargain

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

IndyParise
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

#### of a bargain

Post by IndyParise »

Hey guys and gals, check this out. I was in Ocean City, Marlyland this weekend for their bi-annual car show and we went to a cruise in the Town of Berlin. Berlin is basically a little town stuck in time somewhere between 1940 and 1965. Well, I stepped into an antique shop toward the edge of town to take a look around. The place was full of jewelery and stuff and I wasn't too interested. As I turned to go, I noticed there was another door leading to a back room. I went inside and sitting on a table next to a black bowler was a beautiful vintage beaver Stetson in chocolate brown. I picked it up and looked it over a bit, it was in great shape, almost as if I had just opened the box. So, I figured it was out of my price range, but it couldn't hurt to ask. I almost died when she told me the price. $50 for this beauty of a hat plus the hat box (which regrettably was in worse shape than the hat). I pulled the cash out and walked out with it right there. This hat is one #### of a great hat. Dark chocolate brown, pencil rolled edge. It's one size to small for me, but I figure I may be able to stretch it a little bit somehow or just wear it high on my head. Pictures of the hat and box will be forthcoming once I get the chance. This hat is really a beauty. The felt is soft as silk. On the sweatband it says The sovereign Stetson on one side and Culver's Men's Shop, In Delmar Del. on the other. Just wanted to share this #### of a find and also ask on any tips on how to stretch it just a bit. It's a 7 1/8 and I'm a 7 1/4. It doesn't have to be stretched much, in fact if I pulled out the sweat it would be fine but I would never be able to do that.
Vegeta
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Vegeta »

;0
Oklahoma Jones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Oklahoma Jones »

Stretching the hat one size with a good hat stretcher should not harm the hat or cause any real difference in shape. Lots of western wear stores carry the hat stretchers, for about 20 bucks.
IndyParise
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by IndyParise »

Thanks Oklahoma, I'll give that a try. And Vegeta, I know, I know but I have no time to do it right now not to mention my camera's broke. :wink: