How does Indy wear his fedora?

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

swcrazyfan
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

How does Indy wear his fedora?

Post by swcrazyfan »

I heard some where that a fedora is supposed to sit right above and not touch the ear. I was wondering if Indy followed those guidelines.
Chewbacca Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Chewbacca Jones »

Well, I just finish watching Raiders less than an hour ago. It looked to me like Indy's hat sat about one or two fingers-width above the ear most of the time. So that seems like a yes to me.
starks_6
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by starks_6 »

I think as long as it stays on your head your pretty right :twisted:
Fedoraman
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Fedoraman »

Indy wears it fairly high on his forehead as well most of the time - probably so the camera can see all those monkey-faced expressions when he is freaking out.

Just like the one in Chewbacca Jones' avatar :lol:
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Post by binkmeisterRick »

Keep in mind the shape of his head also affects how it sits on his noggin. :wink:
Red Dust
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Red Dust »

obviously in the 3 films they are 3 completely different hats.. and even in each film there are more than one hat being worn through out so i think that effects the non continuity of hat positioning!!

with crystal skulls i think there is another factor to take into account.. I remeber hearing a few years back that men's noses and ear never stop growing and i believe that harrisons ear size has changed from crusade to new film... i know its a sad observation to make!! but anyway i think that it might have an effect on the subject of this thread?

Regards

red Dust
serrecuir
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by serrecuir »

Red Dust wrote:I remeber hearing a few years back that men's noses and ear never stop growing and i believe that harrisons ear size has changed from crusade to new film... i know its a sad observation to make!! but anyway i think that it might have an effect on the subject of this thread?

Regards

red Dust
Red Dust,

Are you sure you didn't read that men's nose and ear HAIR never stop growing? That I could believe. :rolling: Just kidding.

-Craig
Russ
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Russ »

Red Dust wrote:men's noses and ear never stop growing
Most men have one nose and two ears, but what you say is true; Mickey mouse is 80 years old and clearly proves your point.