Felt colors and lighting

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

JerseyJones
Vendor

Felt colors and lighting

Post by JerseyJones »

Hello folks,

In an effort to make clear why the fedora and other costume items look as they do on screen in terms of color, my cousin, a professional lighting designer, and I will be putting together a little article on screen lighting vs. in person lighting some time next week.

We hope to (pun alert) shed some light on why a fedora can look sort of green-brown in person and so reddish brown on screen.

So stay tuned !

Thanks
JJ
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Actually, they're ALL grey! It's one of the best kept secrets Hollywood has! 8)

Regards! Michaelson
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Post by binkmeisterRick »

Good luck, Jersey! I know the lighting argument has been brought up a couple times in the past, but it will be nice to finally see a documented experiment of it. :wink:
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

hat

Post by BendingOak »

I can't wait to see what you come up with. I was shocked when I found out my favorite car the Lotus 7 from the TV " The Prisoner) was a jag green with a yellow nose cone ( front). When I saw it as black and yellow and was looking at it for about 17 years before I got my hands on one and it's green.
mufflowne
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by mufflowne »

intriguing!