LL Bean Pant Alternative?

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

Cooler King
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

LL Bean Pant Alternative?

Post by Cooler King »

Guys, I really need help. I've hit a growth spurt and I'm now wearing high watter Indy pants, my LL Bean Chinos are too short! :( So I went to get some more when I discovered that all of their pants were either a 30 inch waist (no way I'll get in that) or didn't come in taupe! Any help you can give me on where I can get a good looking pair of pants without breaking the bank will save me for sure! I would buy some Noel Howards, but I just don't have the money to spend on them right now.

It wouldn't look good for a gear head running around in nothing but boxers now would it? :(
Renderking Fisk
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Renderking Fisk »

Cooler, check out the "Double L" Chinos. They arn't the same and seem to have a higher quality.
Cabinetman
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Cabinetman »

http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/stores ... &langId=-1

These are the dress chinos, but with the ever-lovin' crease. Really nice pants.

Cab
Cooler King
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Cooler King »

Eric,

I was going to get them, but they don't have taupe, http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/stores ... pp&feat=bc as you can see. Shame really...

Cabinet man, thanks for the link, I consider those as well, and I think I will go with them. Really is sad that they went out of stock with the good kind, I love those pants. Well, fortunatly I discovered I had a hem in them, so I am going to let out the hem and have a pair for a few more months, or atleast until they get some more back in stock. I'm going to hold back for right now, see what happens, call LL Bean and see if they expect to get more of the originals any time soon.

Thanks guys for your help! I really appreciate it! :D
Pyroxene
Admin Emeritus

Post by Pyroxene »

You are looking at the Double L Chinos. I purchase the Dress Chinos in Taupe, no cuff, Natural Fit, Wrinkle Resistant Cotton. They have them in sizes 30-46. And inseams from 26-36 inches

They are my favorite pair of pants.

Pyro.
Renderking Fisk
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Renderking Fisk »

I swear, they were there a month ago...
Mystique
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Mystique »

Try Nordstrom. The Facconable Men's Chinos come with two rear pocket
flaps and come unhemmed. They are excellent quality and are in the
same price range as the LL Bean Catalog ones with
shipping.
Lindiana
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Try Old Navy

Post by Lindiana »

I actually bought two pair at Old Navy yesterday for 22 bucks each. They are made roomy in the leg and have the exact look from the Streets of Cairo scene. They even had the flaps on the back pockets. Only problem was they were a little light color for my liking, so I bought some brown and red rit liquid dye and with the right mixing of colors I'm more than happy with them now.
Lindiana
Indiana Texas-girl
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Indiana Texas-girl »

The pants I got were from the Gap (women's section), and I'm really happy with the color. There are no pockets, but I'm guessing they might have other pants in the men's section that color. 42% wool/54% polyester/4% lyra spandex. Made in Morocco.

Here's a pic below...you can see how close in color they are to Minnesota Jone's pants. I'm not sure if he's wearing NH or LLBean pants. But if there are any ladies out there that want a good pair in a close enough color and style, then here you go. (TAG INFO: Classic Fit Trouser Stretch - V/308287, Fall 02, S/155228)

What I like about them is they are slightly boot cut so the boots don't look too gigantic on me.

http://home.earthlink.net/~wickie7/inde ... TG_MJ1.jpg
IndianaJames
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by IndianaJames »

I would also recommend the GAP, "Gap Khaki Loose Fit" they are the old style and have been on sale for some time, they might still have some at a local store. They have a wide leg opening, and back flap pcokets, the color is just a bit light. I also own the Old Navy pants referred to above, they are somewhat loos also, (which is the way I like it) and have back flaps, check the website, they were on sale for a while too. The old navy pants are called "Mens Relaxed Khakis"....
http://www.oldnavy.com/asp/Product.asp? ... pid=139579

Regards
I J
Lindiana
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Yep...those are them

Post by Lindiana »

Yes....These are the ones I bought also, sorry I threw the label away so I couldn't remember the name. I redyed mine though to give them the "officer pinks" look and then dulled them out in a very light wash of black ink. They look really good, as soon as I can get a pic I'll try to post one
Lindiana
skywlkr
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by skywlkr »

IndianaJames wrote:The old navy pants are called "Mens Relaxed Khakis"....

Regards
I J
I have one pair in each of the colors they offer excpet stone. They are really comfortable. The only thing that is off Indy-wise is they don't have the pleated front.
Luke
Jsoftz
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Jsoftz »

I went to my local Old Navy and the were all out.. wah.