The coolest felt scrap EVER

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

Indiana Green
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

The coolest felt scrap EVER

Post by Indiana Green »

I just got my felt scrap from Steve in the mail today and I couldn't be more excited! I know it seems silly, but to me, this is a piece of history (and it's as close to owning an AB as I'll ever come :( ). It came with a signed AB logo which I had sent to him, and an authenticity message:

"This is a piece of felt from a hat I made for Harrison Ford in Kingdom of the Crysta Skull"

Steve, thank you so much for taking time out of your busy schedule to do this. I know myself and everyone else who gets one of these will be very happy. You are a true class act sir.

Indy Green
swcrazyfan
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by swcrazyfan »

;0
Indiana Green
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Indiana Green »

Tron7960
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Tron7960 »

That is awesome!

Everyday I hope I will find one in the mailbox. I sent my envelope the same day the offer was made, but no scrap yet :(
McFly
Scoundrel

Post by McFly »

:-k I think you should work on the brim there... it looks a little flat! :wink:

Just kidding. Congrats on getting yours! I'm excited to get mine! I have a whole plan ready for how I'll frame it and make it look nice. :D

Shane
DR Ulloa
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by DR Ulloa »

:shock: That is awsome, in the truest sence of the word. I asked Steven to semy sample with my hat, so I should be recieving it sometime around Halloween. I can't wait. :D

Dave
Indiana Green
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Indiana Green »

After recieving this scrap, I had a funny thought: wouldn't it be sweet if this scrap was a magic wand that I could touch on my DP and turn it into an AB? Ahh, pipe dreams...
jkingrph
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by jkingrph »

He was supposed to send me a scrap/sample in his pecan color to see if that was what I wanted for another hat. That was in Jan when i received my brown AB but I have not seen it yed.
imagine671
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by imagine671 »

Thanks for the felt scrap, Steve! Got a message from my friend saying he'd received it (on my behalf - as I had NO idea how to apply US postage to an envelope being sent from the UK!). I told him to safeguard it for me until I return/visit. Figure I should mount it beneath a quality photo of Ford in Indy 4. Who knows?! =)

Cheers,
-Steve
Snakewhip_Sable
Scoundrel

Post by Snakewhip_Sable »

Wooooooooooo!!!!

I got goosebumps opening the letter. So cool. What a swell joe! er... Steve!
manu7
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by manu7 »

how did you guys get ahold of this guy? through the adventurebilt website? and does he have any scraps left?
Indiana Green
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Indiana Green »

Steve started a thread a while back telling everyone that he had extra movie scraps and to send him a stamped envelope in the mail if we wanted one. If you want, just send a self addressed/stamped envelope to him to the mailing address on his website. Or just call him I guess. I hear he's super nice to talk to!

Indy Green
manu7
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by manu7 »

cool thanks
hankey01
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by hankey01 »

I only found that thread a few weeks ago and IMMEDIATELY sent in an envelope. I am SOOOOO excited about the chance at getting one. I HOPE I wasn;t too late!
Georgia Jones
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Georgia Jones »

Believe or not, when I recieved mine my wife had opened the envelope before I got home, she actually said it was pretty cool, which is in complete contrast with everyother remark she makes about my recent fedora habits/hobby... :lol: , I did not get as creative about the certificate of auth., but Steve did write out a little note and signed it, I guess I will get a nice little frame to stick it in with the note...