Sending back a Wested

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

mrwinky
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Sending back a Wested

Post by mrwinky »

So my wested came today, I love it (Novapella Rocks) but I noticed the Tag states 42 on it, And when I ordered I did order a 42, but emailed gemmi the next day and asked for a 44. I did get confirmation that they where going to change it, Anyways I want to send it back cause I find it hard to do up the bottom snap (to much winter weight I guess) and its a little tights across the chest. Other then that I love the coat, my questions are as follows

1. who should I send it back with? (no ups or fedex) I live in canada.

2. Whats the turn around rate? (wonderingf if it will be back in by May 22nd)

3. Who pays shipping on this?

BTW for those who are wondering I ordered off of the website using the form and put in all the info, Placed it Apr 2nd and recieved it Apr 15th. ### good time for a custom.

PS. Peter if you read this, I'm most impressed with the jacket, I dont mind the mix up on the size, I'm most impressed with your Quality. Thank you. I'll follow up in the morning with Gemmi

Winky
ztmario
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by ztmario »

99% sure that you're paying for shipping back. and even if you don't, I'm 100% sure that of the three shipping charges total (wrong size to you, wrong size back, new jacket to you), you're paying for at least two of them, if not all three. bingo, just added $40 to the price of that jacket (keeping my fingers crossed that my order turns out ok :roll: ).
St. Dumas
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by St. Dumas »

Just mail it back. So it takes an extra two weeks to get there.

SD
Kokopelli
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Re: Sending back a Wested

Post by Kokopelli »

mrwinky wrote:
BTW for those who are wondering I ordered off of the website using the form and put in all the info, Placed it Apr 2nd and recieved it Apr 15th. ### good time for a custom.

Winky
:shock: -ordered mine April 1st...hopefully I'll see a box soon!
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Re: Sending back a Wested

Post by Kt Templar »

*Very Important*

Follow the returns procedure stated on the Wested site.

It must be clearly marked as a "Returned goods for replacement". Otherwise if customs in the UK get hold of it they will try to charge duty and the package will be refused and sent back to you.
coronado3
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by coronado3 »

You could always sell it to someone here on the forum... :lol: :wink:

What style is it and what are the specs?????

C3
mrwinky
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by mrwinky »

What shipping company do you guys in the US use to send back? I'm trying to find something to ship back with in Canada, so Far coing postal service is $70 bucks and Purolator is $106. Not something I was expecting on top of a $350 jacket, on a side note I did not pay any customs fees :)

Winky
St. Dumas
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by St. Dumas »

I live in Canada and needed to send my jacket back for an alteration. I sent it through regular mail and it cost me something like $30 bucks.

SD
JC1972
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by JC1972 »

This is why I ordered an Expedition. I've heard too many complaints about Wested.
mrwinky
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by mrwinky »

I'm not complaining at all, I expect there to be mix ups , infact like I said the Quailty of the Coat far out weights the minor mix up. Infact from what I've read I really dont think Pete gets enough credit for his coats.

So Kuddos to Peter for his quality Coats
ztmario
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by ztmario »

mrwinky wrote:I'm not complaining at all, I expect there to be mix ups , infact like I said the Quailty of the Coat far out weights the minor mix up. Infact from what I've read I really dont think Pete gets enough credit for his coats.

you expect there to be mix ups? cause I would kind of expect there to NOT be mix ups... I mean, I have a jacket on order and so far the communication has been top notch.. better even than I received from either G&B or USW. but at the same time, I don't think any mix up is "minor" since it adds $40 to the cost of the jacket in shipping, which is over 10%!!
IndianaChris711
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by IndianaChris711 »

Well I hope your return goes better than mine, USPS said it arrived in Great Britain on March 3rd, and that is about it. They did not know if it got delivered, I did not hear anything from Peter about getting my returned jacket for a replacement. So a month and few weeks later being today, I am getting some papers sent to me to get the insurance I put on the package. I will wait a little while, I tried e-mailing Peter and he did not respond, he must be really busy with all the jackets being made. I will try giving Gemma an e-mail and she what she can figure out for me. Otherwise the service is great over there at Wested. I love my first jacket.

IndianaChris
JC1972
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by JC1972 »

ztmario wrote:
mrwinky wrote:I'm not complaining at all, I expect there to be mix ups , infact like I said the Quailty of the Coat far out weights the minor mix up. Infact from what I've read I really dont think Pete gets enough credit for his coats.

you expect there to be mix ups? cause I would kind of expect there to NOT be mix ups... I mean, I have a jacket on order and so far the communication has been top notch.. better even than I received from either G&B or USW. but at the same time, I don't think any mix up is "minor" since it adds $40 to the cost of the jacket in shipping, which is over 10%!!
I wouldn't expect any mixups since there was confirmation back saying he'd get the bigger jacket. He shouldn't have to pay for return shipping, which seems to be more than $40. Wested seems like a nice jacket besides the variations one may get in their jacket or even if buyer gets what they asked for. Just seems like too much of a hassle.
mrwinky
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by mrwinky »

Well went to the post office to send it back, and it was $130 Cdn to ship it back OUCH
St. Dumas
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by St. Dumas »

Winky, I mailed my Wested back to them from Canada this time last year and I sent it by regular mail. Honestly, it was something like $30. It's too bad you couriered it.

SD
mrwinky
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by mrwinky »

Thats all that the had a availble to UK
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

With that sort of shipping price tag, wouldn't it have been better to sell it here or ebay it and get another?
ztmario
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by ztmario »

so.. your $300 jacket just got $130 more expensive? ....uh, do you still not mind the mix-up?
JR
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by JR »

Oh, man I would have sold the jacket. I remember I had to return my first Wested because it was missing the inside pocket and had the wrong collar (I got a Raiders collar instead of the LC collar). Shipping was only $20 for me.
JulianK
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by JulianK »

I might be a little late on this but also make sure that Gemma states on the return packing slip that it was an Exchanged Item or you WILL get hit with duty again....gotta love Canada Customs!!!
Canada Jones
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Canada Jones »

JulianK wrote:I might be a little late on this but also make sure that Gemma states on the return packing slip that it was an Exchanged Item or you WILL get hit with duty again....gotta love Canada Customs!!!
Actually if they do charge you there is an appeal process you can do with Canada Customs - actually you will see it on the back of the form where you can apply to get your money back if they charge you for something that you are just exchanging. I must say $130 for shipping sounds outrageous to me but I guess the good news is you did save a pretty penny on customs.
best and enjoy your jacket.
Canada
mrwinky
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by mrwinky »

Well when I walked into the local post office I was offered 2 forms of shipping. One was $70 which was by boat (could take up to 5 weeks to get there) and the other was Xpresspost which was 6 business days and with insurance and @#$% was $130. One thing that puzzled me is, Gemma got my jacket back ( I asked after I noticed it was signed for) and I get an response back, we have recieved your jacket, but please be advised that we will not accept returns on the new coat once its sent to you since it is custom (somethign with the Silver zipper) Now where I'm confused is the fact that Yes I placed the Order with size 42, but I sent an email the next day and was told that my coat was already cut, but they would make the changes (thus meaning that my order now was for a size 44) so if I have issues with this coat why am I being faulted for it? I'm going to assume the coat will arrive and be all good, but lets say I do have a problem with it and needed to send it back , Now I can't even though I dont think I have done anything wrong here? As for my orignal order, all I did was fill in the form online, I didnt not ask for one thing that was not on the form ( no fancy specs, or things like that) Now I admit I was most impressed with the coat, I even sent a note showing my apperication for its quality, it really puts danier leather here in Canada to shame) but I'm getting a little worried about that reponse I got back.

Winky
ortiz344
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by ortiz344 »

Other than the terrible exchange rates, this is my MAJOR issue with buying or selling things out of country, a minor mixup domestically would cost me 10- , its double or far worse if its overseas. To me returning isnt an option as mentioned earlier, 20- shipping is expensive, paying it 2x is laughable. I dont know who is at fault here but sending something back for alterations or minor tweaks just isnt worth the money to me...ya gotta realize this stuff beforehand, if it gets messed up somehow again , are ya gonna lose another shipping fee?

Aside:you spent 130- to ship a jacket? Oh thats scary...next time , cut your losses and resell it if you can...
JC1972
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by JC1972 »

Wow, $130 to mail it back?!? I hope it was worth it when you get it back. Stuff like this makes me happy I got the G&B. Wested seems like way too much of a hassle (besides a lot more money to pay for return shipping). Basically its a crapshoot with them.
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

Postage rates have been going up, but there is a 2 kilo ceiling over which parcels get VERY expensive to send.

From my experience about 6 months ago, lambskin jackets at about size 38-42 come in at under 2 kilos and cost about $30. (UK to US)

Something like a cowhide is over 2 kilos and cost about $80 (UK to US). The postmaster suggested I split the parcel to save money. (Thanks a lot!)

Try to use the same tough shipping sacks that Wested uses to minimise weight, I wrapped the jackets in bubble wrap and then the bag. Cardboard is HEAVY.