Glasses case?

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

Magnum
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Glasses case?

Post by Magnum »

How did Indy carry his glasses on his adventures? Did he use a case and did he keep it in his jacket or in his MkVII bag? What type of glasses case would he use?

On a further note, I need a new pair of glasses and I would like to get something similar to Indy's pair. It is my understanding that the BOIC glasses are no longer made. Is that correct? Are the Berkshire Chase Pantos the only pair of glasses resembling the BOIC's? Thanks for all of your help.
IndyMo
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by IndyMo »

Magnum,

You want the Bershire Chase model as per below. BC is the only one I know of that offers the same style as the BOIC's. I own them and they are right on the money accurate.

Mo

http://www.framesdirect.com/framescatal ... y=1&page=1
Magnum
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Magnum »

Thanks for the info on the glasses IndyMo. Does anyone else have an idea as to a glasses case that is Indyesque? Thanks.
IndyMo
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by IndyMo »

You may want to hit the Flee Markets - You should be able to find 30's/40's period glass cases.

Good Luck!
Minnesota Jones
Admin Emeritus

Post by Minnesota Jones »

I don't remember Indy ever showing a case for his glasses. I think I remember in Last Crusade, in Donovan's apartment I believe, he pulled them from his dress jacket or shirt pocket I think. But yeah, check flea markets or ol' eBay for "vintage glasses case" or something along those lines....
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Be sure to find a hinged hard case. Problem you're going to run into is that most all real 1930's era glasses were MUCH smaller framed than the current crop we're buying now, including the Indy glasses, BUT, that said, you can find a very good substitute at your local Wal-Mart optical area where glasses are sold. They sell a very good hard shell hinged case that's made larger to hold the bigger frames, and compare favorability to the old hard cases. I have a case that use daily, and it works like a charm. Inexpensive, but period correct...just larger in size. Regards. Michaelson
Illinois Troy
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Illinois Troy »

Those Berkshire glasses give the option of Chestnut, Blond, Shiny gold, or Rhodium. Which one do you choose to get the accurate glasses???

Thanks

Illinois
Rixter
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Rixter »

The matching specs for Harrison Ford's glasses are on IndyGear. But also read the article further down by Arizona Smith.

http://www.indygear.com/gear/other.shtml

Another good discussion if you missed it was on this board was:

http://www.indygear.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2117
IndyMo
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by IndyMo »

IT,

This thread should answer all your question.

Mo

http://www.indygear.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3172
Illinois Troy
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Illinois Troy »

Thanks for the heads up guys.

Illinois