Keppler Fedora confusion...

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

mooniteman
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Keppler Fedora confusion...

Post by mooniteman »

So whats the deal wit the Keppler Fedora - it looks so light on the website - almost tan, but everywhere else its a dark brown - what color is it really?

Any Pics?

Thanks!

Moony!
mooniteman
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by mooniteman »

Anyone?
Bogie1943
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Bogie1943 »

Here you can see my Keppler on the left and my Adventurebilt on the right. I have owned my Keppler longer and it has faded to some degree. The color of the current Keppler is much richer, it's not tan, it has somewhat of a reddish tone to it.

I will dig up some shots of my Keppler from a few years ago to give you a better idea of the color.
mooniteman
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by mooniteman »

would anything need to be done to the brim if I got the Keppler - such as cutting?

Thanks for the pics - they're really helpful!

Moony
Magnum Jones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Magnum Jones »

Here is my keppler

http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w92/ ... 170041.jpg

As far as doing anything to it, no nothing at all. Lee is one of the pioneers of Indy gear and knows as much about it as anyone. His hats for the price are as good as you can get.
Rabittooth
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Rabittooth »

Mine...but it's a custom job as far as crown and brim sizing.

-Rabittooth
Bogie1943
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Bogie1943 »

I just want to say one thing about brim cutting. It's best left to a professional.
theinterchange
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by theinterchange »

Rabbittooth, what did he do custom to your brim and crown?
Rabittooth
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Rabittooth »

theinterchange wrote:Rabbittooth, what did he do custom to your brim and crown?
They're both a bit shorter I believe than his standard offering. It's funny, but I'm really picky about the way a fedora looks on me. The standard Indy hats look good on me to everyone else, but for some reason they look ridiculous to me. This is my second Keppler that Lee was able to create, make the fedora look "Indy", but yet make me happy too. :lol:
Funny thing is...I just noticed that the hat fits me in the same way proportionally as the one on my Calvin avatar that I did so many years ago. :roll:

And it's true...mods are best left to professionals unless you're really confident about that sort of thing. I gave Lee no instructions other than the list of things I didn't like about most Indy lids on my head and he created the perfect hat for me based on what I said. Truly a craftsman with a lot of years making folks happy about their investment.
I'd never mess with the hat. The other gear I have no problem distressing and re-dying etc, but I won't mess with the hat. Best left to those who do it best.

-Rabittooth