Attention Lawmbtouch Owners

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

LJHood
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Attention Lawmbtouch Owners

Post by LJHood »

I am now a proud owner of a lambtouch wested. Truly an amazing jacket. Anyway, my question is to fellow lambtouch owners. THe jacket is really dark, almost black. How do you get it lighter so it can be a more true brown? Does it lighten with age?

Also, how has the lambtouched distressed? Does it develop a nice patina like lamb or is it as rigid as Peter's new finish cow? THanks.

LJ
Malenfant
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Re: Attention Lawmbtouch Owners

Post by Malenfant »

LJHood wrote:I am now a proud owner of a lambtouch wested. Truly an amazing jacket. Anyway, my question is to fellow lambtouch owners. THe jacket is really dark, almost black. How do you get it lighter so it can be a more true brown? Does it lighten with age?

Also, how has the lambtouched distressed? Does it develop a nice patina like lamb or is it as rigid as Peter's new finish cow? THanks.

LJ
I've had a lambtouch since last September, and total wear is probably around 10-12 weeks, not including intention wear in the house. Treatment so far has been one light coat of Pecards Lotion.

The leather lightens with age, as well as appearing a much lighter brown in sunlight. Unless I was in a dark room, no one would mistake it for black. Wear also highlights the grain pattern. I actually thought it was black when I first got it.

I did wear it around the apartment every night for a week early this spring to speed the wearing process, and I did sleep in it a few nights as well which really helped. Also did the "ball it up and throw in a corner" trick instead of hanging it up.

Enjoy the lambtouch. It gets better with age.

- Malenfant
Mike
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

I too was a little shocked at the darkness of my lambstouch when I first got it. Especially after having just owned a FS. I rubbed it down with some alcohol and then later took to the seems with some acetone.

But after seeing Renderking's, if you're not into distressing, my advice is to just wear the heck out of it. His is mostly brown with dark patina through it. A very nice jacket indeed.

The lambstouch is great for durability and lightness. And with patience, will be a great looking Indy jacket.

Mike