Noel Howard and Wested Indy shirt question?

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

Solo
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Noel Howard and Wested Indy shirt question?

Post by Solo »

I have a Noel Howard shirt and I just ordered a Wested shirt, I have read in other posts that the Wested is not as SA as Noel Howard! What's are the differences? Which shirt has the most SA color?
Neolithic
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Neolithic »

I find the pocket flaps on the Wested to be too large and the fit is a little roomy (for me at least). The collar also seems to be bigger on the Wested- but I'm fairly skinny- the NH is slim fitting.

The Wested is clearly better made than the NH, but the NH, in my experience is the only shirt that will crinkle like Indy's- does that make sense?

I personally think the NH is more colour accurate, but I think there is some debate on this. The Wested looks too light to me. When photographed, the NH looks right to me.

I notice though that Noel's shirts don't have the pen holder, whereas the Wested's do. If that's important to you...
r.deckard
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by r.deckard »

I have owned both. I still own a NH Raiders and a NH Temple of Doom shirt. I sold my Wested. Personally, I like the fit and look of Noel's shirts. They just "look right."
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

Neolithic wrote:I personally think the NH is more colour accurate, but I think there is some debate on this.
Gladly, not anymore :wink:
Solo
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Solo »

From what I have seen in pics when photographed the Wested look a little to light! I guess I'll have to wait to get mine to see if what I really feel! Has any one on here tried to dye the Wested shirts to get them a tad darker?