Anyone got an Adventurebilt with Raven's bar bash??

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

Red Dust
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Anyone got an Adventurebilt with Raven's bar bash??

Post by Red Dust »

So I've just past the 1 year mark on my wait for my AB,

I ordered Raiders-Ravens Bar bash, the dynamic of the hat in that scene I absolutely love.

The dip of the brim over harrison's right eye, the upward flick of the brim over his left ear, the sharp downward turn over his right and to top it the sharply defined pinch at the front....

Any how I was wondering if anyone specifically had this style hat... If so could you be totally awesome and post some pics on this thread? ones were your wearing the hat would be brilliant.. just so i have a rough idea what i'm in for.

It's partly to way-ley my impatience for my hat. LOL

Thank for any reply

Red Dust
Red Dust
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Red Dust »

No one then!!! :(
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

hat

Post by BendingOak »

I would look in the Adventurebilt thread.
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

It seems that you need a tapered hat for a raven bar screen accurate hat :whip: :whip: back off satan! You don't want a raven bar hat :wink:
FordPerfect
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by FordPerfect »

I have a a Keppler /AB hybrid in a Raven bar bash. I'll try post pics soon!!
Red Dust
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Red Dust »

well erri i never thought that the ravens bar had taper... but if it does and steve makes it with taper which i'm sure he'd never do then i'll tell him i want everthing about it ravens apart from the taper.... just another Q (To anybody that knows) would it be a good idea to send steve a few photos of my head/face shape so he could make a better suited hat for me... has anyone done this? i think i heard something along those lines that someone has done this.

Thanks fo any replies

Red Dust
Neolithic
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Neolithic »

The brim looks great here I think:
http://www.theraider.net/films/raiders/ ... ts/121.jpg

... almost like wings or something. 8)
Hoosier
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

raven bar

Post by Hoosier »

Red Dust,
Hey my AB has the Raven Bar Bash, and No it is not tapered. Sorry. . . I don't have a digital camera, so I don't have picks to post. Let me say; however, that I think the Raven Bar Bash is just the best way to go (in my opinion). Although many really seem to love the Streets of Cairo Bash, for instance (which is fine), I think the Raven Bar Bash is preferable as to not be so heavily distressed. That's just me talking.
Hoosier
Red Dust
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Red Dust »

definately.. SoC is "Major Bang Up" LOL... Ravens holds the individual look of "The Turn" but subtley!! spot on

I think ravens bash is the transtional point.

Idol temple bash holds the formalitys of the class room (teacher) and Streets of Cairo is (adventure) at full tilt.

were as Ravens is somewere in between.. with the best of both worlds,

Sorry for the very loose metaphors!! lol

Red Dust
Red Dust
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Red Dust »

Hey Aeris.... ive seen some pics of your hats in here before.... and there are awesome loking.. when i get myne i can only hope that i can get alittle close to what yours look like.... so prehaps all i need is comparison shots of your hat and forget about this indiana guy... who? :? :wink:
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

Ok since no one dare posting anything yet... this is dated back 2005. It's a rabbit AB, I requested the famous Raven Bar bash. My very first AB.

I remember another user (Weaver) that we used to call Schumacher as a joke, had another rabbit that looked exactly like mine. I believe we ordered it not too far apart from each other.
BTW...
The point is, if I only knew better about bash back then I would have pulled down the back dent in the crown and enjoyed a nice accurate taper. If my hat would have been only a bit shorter in the crown it would have been the h*ll of a raven bar hat.
As you might have understood Red Dust, if you want an untapered hat... the raven bar style is not for you.

So the picture you see it's as close as it gets to a Raven Bar raiders hat (and as you can see it's not too far from perfection, a little tiny shorter crown and the miracle would happen).
Unfortunately I haven't seen any new hat (expecially beavers) looking like Raven Bar hats. But if there is any please post it here because I've always been a Raven Bar hat fan and I would love to see more. Nowadays everyone order a SOC
Some idiot even said back then that my hat was tapered as if that was a bad thing... still that's the closest hat to a Raven Bar hat I've seen yet and one of the best rabbit hats I've ever touched.

And please let's not forget this link too quickly

viewtopic.php?t=18038
Red Dust
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Red Dust »

ok so ERRI in your opinion what are the main difference between RAV and SoC?

.... BTW taking close-up pictures of things warp there sense of preportions because the general curviture of the camera lense comes into play... prehaps i need to see you wearing it a few feet away from the camera to get a unbiased POV.

Red Dust
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

SOC is a beated up hat. You sit on it, you squash it, you dirty it. That's why it's not the hat for me :lol:

The proportion can be judged from any angle once you know how wide is the brim for a fact.
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

Darn it I know! That's why I never sold another one again :lol:
Red Dust
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Red Dust »

No worries Aeris..... not that im being a copy cat but when you ordered you AB (if you have an AB) what bash did you go for.... its just that erri has got me worried about ravens bar because he said it had taper..

Red Dust
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

Don't worry Red, if you order an AB (whatever bash) you won't get a tapered hat :wink:

I was just saying that it should have some taper, not that it will .
Dr. Nebraska S.

Post by Dr. Nebraska S. »

Red Dust, I'm also interested in seeing an AB with a Ravens Bar bash. When I placed my order and sent pics to Steve, I asked him to bash my AB similar to the Ravens Bar scenes and the temple idol grab scenes for what he thought would look good on me (kind of a "hybrid" if you will).

Oh, and Erri, thank you for posting the picture--your former AB looked quite nice.
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

Just out of curiosity, I found the thread from J_Weaver with his rabbit raven bar hat which looked irremarkably like my old one. Mr. Weaver was also brave enough to throw snow on it :lol:
You don't see many hats looking like that anymore. I wish I didn't sell mine

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v320/ ... nowAB1.jpg

viewtopic.php?t=15427
Red Dust
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Red Dust »

thanks for the link erri... too kind
KJB
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by KJB »

Let me begin by saying

a)how lucky I now feel to have ordered this hat...more than two years ago? December '06 if I'm right...wow...time flies. And
b)how sorry I feel for the people waiting upwards of a year for an AB these days! I think I waited three weeks, tops!

But seriously folks, it's WORTH IT. This is a hat for life. They don't make em like this anymore, it just keeps on truckin. This photo's old, probably from fall '07. I'm in college and I borrowed my then-roommate's digital abomination of photography (sorry, 35mm film buff speaking here) to snap some pics of the AB. I won't post any more than this..don't want to have anyone in line drool any more than necessary.

I ordered mine in Raven Bar setup and it's interestingly gone from a straight Raven look to more 'streets of Cairo' IMHO, as it gets a little banged up. I don't think there's a lot of stitching under the ribbon, and it has slipped up in front, which at first I found annoying but now I think it's okay. Gives it that "sorry I wasn't in class today, I was being chased around the streets of Cairo and then I blew up a truck" sort of look. :o

One thing I'm curious about is, how has the AB itself evolved since I got mine? Have they changed crown height, for example? What about tightness of the ribbon? I seem to recall something about that a while back...I think we need a definitive "Indy Fedora offerings" timeline. It'd be fascinating!
Sheesh. I went on Indygear hiatus for a while and I come back to find a big o'l price jump in AB's. But I figured so, what with the film and all. And I don't even need to mention how reasonable the price still is compared to some big, BIG names in hats out there. Incidentally this AB will soon be going to France, then on to Russia with me. Steve, you done good with these hats. A service to our community, rightly honored and recognized by the filmmakers. This one's never let me down. :wink:

PS--Aeris, is that a JP fedora in your avatar? The color is really striking. And you've got the look spot-on :)
Honolulu Jones
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Honolulu Jones »

When did AB stop making a rabbit version of the hat? The texture looks good to me -- though obviously hard to tell from just the pic.