Me and my AB's

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

nicktheguy
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Me and my AB's

Post by nicktheguy »

Below are some links to me and my AB's. I have a seaplane brown...er gray.. and a Raiders brown. I had to include the one with me and a very special little girl just because the turn in the hat looks so cool.

I have had these hats for almost two years now...wow.

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd29 ... MG1929.jpg
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd29 ... MG1927.jpg
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd29 ... MG1914.jpg
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd29 ... MG1913.jpg

PS- Yes that is a full suit of custom made armor I had made for me - 16th C round armor - fully articulated and ready to fight in.

Cheers
Nick
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

hat

Post by BendingOak »

nice shots. Both hats look great. My first AB is about three years old right now an wouldn't part with it for anything
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Post by binkmeisterRick »

Drooling baby..,. Very dangerous. You go first. :lol: Great pics! :wink:
mufflowne
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by mufflowne »

Very nice!
The second one (the flight fedora), does steve make those? What color is that? I'm in love with it and I need to know! :lol:
Indiana G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Indiana G »

both steve and marc can make you a seaclipper ab....but you'll have to make a special request to use the grey hat-body :shock: {jumps under the plymouth}.

nick, those are some wonderful shots of your hats, but i don't notice much gear in pictures that have folks' beautiful kids in them :D being a proud parent myself, i'm sure you know what i'm getting at.

nice suit of armour btw! you've given me more ammo against my argument to the wife of having a jason voorhees statue made up....i'll just say that i'm making a suit of armour like you....but i'm using a hockey mask, work clothes, boots, and an axe........ :shock: :lol:
GCR
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by GCR »

Indiana G wrote:both steve and marc can make you a seaclipper ab....but you'll have to make a special request to use the grey hat-body :shock: {jumps under the plymouth}.
Just to clarify...Marc does NOT offer a gray hat option at this time, as far as I know. Trust me, if he did, I'd have one by now! :wink:

-GCR
Canada Jones
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Canada Jones »

Great shots. The armor looks very impressive. Do you do re enactments? Always wondered how comfortable a suit of armor would be. Not nearly as comfortable as an AB I am sure.
Canada
mufflowne
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by mufflowne »

I want a seaclipper ab :(

Why won't they offer it? The stubborn people...
GCR
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by GCR »

mufflowne wrote:I want a seaclipper ab :(

Why won't they offer it? The stubborn people...
You can buy a gray AB from Steve all day long, you just can't get a gray AB DELUXE, as it's only Marc, who doesn't offer a gray option at the moment. :tup:

-GCR
nicktheguy
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by nicktheguy »

That's right - Steve made both of these for me.

The armor...well it's complicated. I do not do re-enactments - my real job is a fight director/stunt performer for the film and theatre industry. I have fought in knight suits on film many times, so eventually I ended up with my own armor. My most recent knight fights were for Stargate SG-1 season 9 ( I was both the black knight and the shiny knight in episodes "Avalon Pt 2" and "Merlin"). I was also the black knight (fight scenes) in Scooby Doo 2. My armoury boasts almost 300 different period and stage weapons (all types of bladed weapons, muskets, and WWII stuff).

Let's just say I have a real "Peter Pan" job! :lol:
Jaredraptor
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Jaredraptor »

nicktheguy wrote:Let's just say I have a real "Peter Pan" job! :lol:
You can fly? :wink: Seriously though, awsome hats!
nicktheguy
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by nicktheguy »

:lol:
By "Peter Pan" Job, i mean that I have a job that doesn't require me to grow up....and I loooove that.
ddibling
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

AB vs AB Deluxe? Steve?! Marc?!

Post by ddibling »

Ok, I'm sorry I'm new and don't understand, but could someone explain the difference between an AB and an AB Deluxe? Also, who is Steve and who is Marc?

Thanks!
airforceindy
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by airforceindy »

Steve and Marc are probably the most talked about people on the Fedora forum, as they are the makers of the hats used in Indy IV. Their company name is Adventurebilt Hats (AB); Steve (also known as Fedora) makes the standard beaver AB, while Marc builds the ultra-premium AB Deluxe. Steve has some of the best beaver felt around, but Marc uses only the VERY best beaver felt, custom made specifically for him. Both of them block and build their hats completely by hand, which is a rarity in this day and age. I own one AB (one of Steve's) with another on the way, and can attest to their high quality, and WAY MORE THAN REASONABLE PRICE!!! The only other vender that I can think of who offers a product as nice as Steve and Marc's is Art Fawcett of Vintage Silhouettes, and he leans more towards the various classic fedora types rather than Indy hats.

Hope this helps!
Regards, Andy