AB Holster

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

Toldog07
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

AB Holster

Post by Toldog07 »

What is the price of these in US dollars?
masa
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by masa »

I may be wrong but I would say about 145. All I know for sure that this is in the wrong category.
IndianaLV
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by IndianaLV »

I paid 99 €, which are app. 145 $ or so. Maybe you should drop Marc a line, he knows best.

Edit: Masa was faster. :wink:
Dr._J
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Dr._J »

Wow! You could buy TWO from Lee Keppler or WSP for that kind of money! :shock:
agent5
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by agent5 »

Wow! You could buy TWO from Lee Keppler or WSP for that kind of money!
Yeah, but who's gunna fly it, kid? You? :lol:

I just received my AB holster. I've seen just about every offering of holster available for the Raiders model. I've owned the NH and the Keppler and liked them both. I do have to say though, that hands down the AB is on the top of the list without question. It's got the details down, the leather is top notch, the craftsmanship is great and the color is brown. It's not red, not orange, nor something in between. It's the color the holster always needed to be. Marc and K did a fantastic job putting it together. As always there are opposite ends of the spectrum and the case of holsters there are many to choose from in terms of style, price, accuracy and quality. Theres something out there for everyone now from the beginner to the hardcore enthusiast, such as myself. The AB is on the top of my list.

As Ferris Bueller would say, "It's so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up".

Here's mine after is little Raiders styled distressing. Still not 100% done with it, but it's a great start. Looks old and worn, just how IndyGear looks good.
IndianaLV
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by IndianaLV »

Nice one, agent5. :D
Looks pretty good in my eyes.
Last edited by IndianaLV on Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
IndianaChris711
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by IndianaChris711 »

Just got an e-mail from Marc he said the price is 99 Euros which is around $145 right now. But you are getting a handmade holster, you don't see that very often. I have to send Marc my payment and then I am getting my holster. If you don't want to shell out that kind of money Lee's holster is very nice for a small budget. The distressing looks great on that holster agent5, I agree Marc's holster looks fantastic, I can't wait to get mine. :D

IndianaChris
K on the run
Vendor

Post by K on the run »

Thank you agent5, I am very flattered by you kind words.
I must say that you're doing a great job on the distressing, looking forward to see it when you're done.

Best regards,
Kim
IndianaLV
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by IndianaLV »

This is how my distressed AB-Holster looks like:

It's a great holster, and worth the money. :D
Dr._J
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Dr._J »

agent5 wrote:
Wow! You could buy TWO from Lee Keppler or WSP for that kind of money!
Yeah, but who's gunna fly it, kid? You? :lol:

I just received my AB holster. I've seen just about every offering of holster available for the Raiders model. I've owned the NH and the Keppler and liked them both. I do have to say though, that hands down the AB is on the top of the list without question. It's got the details down, the leather is top notch, the craftsmanship is great and the color is brown. It's not red, not orange, nor something in between. It's the color the holster always needed to be. Marc and K did a fantastic job putting it together. As always there are opposite ends of the spectrum and the case of holsters there are many to choose from in terms of style, price, accuracy and quality. Theres something out there for everyone now from the beginner to the hardcore enthusiast, such as myself. The AB is on the top of my list.

As Ferris Bueller would say, "It's so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up".

Here's mine after is little Raiders styled distressing. Still not 100% done with it, but it's a great start. Looks old and worn, just how IndyGear looks good.
Hey Five, I thought you said that thing was brown! The jacket is brown, the web belt is brown; What color does that make the holster? Looks orange to me. Maybe it's the lighting?

Regards, Dr. J
agent5
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by agent5 »

It's just the lighting. It's a nice, flat brown in person.
Dr._J
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Dr._J »

Excellent.

Regards, Dr. J
serrecuir
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by serrecuir »

I should have my AB holster any day now! I ordered mine on 03/31, and Marc e-mailed me on 5/01 that the holsters had just arrived on his doorstep, and he would begin shipping them out on 05/05.

The cost was €73.20 for an undistressed holster, €88.20 for the distressed holster, plus €25.80 for uninsured shipping. The exchange rate depends on what the day your payment goes through, but figure it's about 1 U.S. Dollar = 0.62 Euros

I would recommend e-mailing Marc with the items you would like to purchase to ensure the prices have not changed. He's very fast in responding.

-Craig
Chewie Louie
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Chewie Louie »

I have one on the way as well. It should be here any day now.