who offers the most SA "RAIDERS" jacket???

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

which jacket is most authentic and SA?

wested
48%
us wings
No votes
flighsuits (now gibson and barnes)
11%
other (please state)
1%
Todd's Costume
40%

Total votes: 93

Dr._J
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Dr._J »

I can't wait to hear your review of the Standard; I think you're going to be surprised!

Congrats on your new Son!

Regards, Dr. J
nicktheguy
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by nicktheguy »

I'm also looking forward to that review of the standard.
CM
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by CM »

Dr._J wrote:
Raider wrote:Dr._J, everyone is sensitive here regarding "Indy stuff" preferences :)
"I've had four Westeds and my $150 Todd's Standard looks more SA than any of them."
That's a one shocking statement. I've seen some pics but they must lie. I wouldn't even mention "standard" Todd's in one sentence with Wested. I must be wrong then, as you had both. None of the pics I saw here (even a nice comparison we had at COW in one topic) showed these advantages in my opinion (apart from details I had mentioned above). Leather in particular. I am not saying the leather offered by Wested is perfect ROLA. I am saying it's closer than Todd's. Yes, in MY opinion :)

Cheers,

:junior: Raider
P.S. Dr._J, bit off topic, I've just ordered baby Indy jacket at Wested. As far as I remember, you had ordered similar, quite some time ago, for your daughter (hope I am not wrong it was you). Was it ok (proportions, sleeves...)? Thanks! :)
Yes, it was I that bought the baby Wested four years ago. I just asked Peter to make the smallest one he could. I think it was a childs size 3. The proportions and everything were fine. She's almost four now and it fits her great (in fact she may be outgrowing it). I have a one year-old who's going to love it...or ELSE! ;)

Regards, Dr. J
The pockets on that child's jacket are perfect for an LC jacket! I wonder if Peter can do them like that in an adult version.

- CM
nicktheguy
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by nicktheguy »

:lol:
Dr._J
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Dr._J »

Don't knock it, she can fit a WHOLE lot of Cheerios in those pockets! ;)
Doug C
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Doug C »

Dr. J, I'd like to have your kid's pockets on a ToD jacket :lol: not sized up though..

Doug C
Chris_King
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Chris_King »

Not sure why my post was deleted so I'm posting it again. Had some fun doing a comparison yesterday. :)

Chris
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

From what I've been told, here's your reason, Chris:

viewtopic.php?t=14735

Regards! Michaelson
MK
Admin Emeritus

Post by MK »

*message deleted by the author*
Last edited by MK on Sat May 24, 2008 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marc
Vendor

Post by Marc »

I could hardly aggree more! Chris showed me a picture of his first Indy display and it was quite "different" from this one. Truly amazing Chris :clap: Having supplied a few part for it, makes me quite proud 8)

However I don't understand how you can live with such a HUGE bloper, like that metal keeper on the gunbelt being 1/2" too much towards the middle :shock: 8-[ :lol:

HIGH Regards,

Marc
Chris_King
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Re: .

Post by Chris_King »

Thanks MK! Great to see you here. :D
The jacket is a custom version from Todd's Costumes. It's pre-washed leather before construction and then Re-washed after construction. A light dusting of Fuller's Earth finished it off nicely.

Hope all is well with you.

Marc - you've touched on one of the last things which bug me. That metal keeper on the gun belt! I'm patiently waiting for someone to make an even more accurate gun belt with the keeper in the correct position! If you feel up to the challenge, please keep me posted! :D

Chris
MK wrote:The jacket looks great Chris. Is that one of Peter's? Your display continues to look better and better over the years.
Marc
Vendor

Post by Marc »

Send me the belt Chris. I'll send it back together with the one you really want in the same size, so all you need to do is putting the buckle on the new one.

The Adventurebilt Hat Co.
Marc Kitter
Zum Heidort 25
27367 Reeßum
Germany

Regards,

Marc
PLATON
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by PLATON »

I don't wanna vote but I guess that for out of the box jackets Todd's is more SA. With Wested gotta be a custom order....and you gotta know what you're ordering.
IndianaChris711
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Re: .

Post by IndianaChris711 »

Chris_King wrote:
Marc - you've touched on one of the last things which bug me. That metal keeper on the gun belt! I'm patiently waiting for someone to make an even more accurate gun belt with the keeper in the correct position! If you feel up to the challenge, please keep me posted! :D

Chris
This is kind of getting off track a bit, but I just found it so interesting. I popped in Raiders last night to see where this happens, and it is very interesting what I saw. In some scenes the keeper is bit more far away from the buckle, and in others it is more close like a belt should be with the buckle and keeper close. So, I guess it is personal opinion if you want your keeper further away or closer to the buckle. :wink:

IndianaChris
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Ok, now that that's settled, back to topic if you please..... :wink:

Regards! Michaelson
IndyFrench
Writer of Things

Post by IndyFrench »

That jacket looks REALLY SWEET!

Nice work on all of it!
joeyofarimathea
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by joeyofarimathea »

Marc wrote:Send me the belt Chris. I'll send it back together with the one you really want in the same size, so all you need to do is putting the buckle on the new one.

The Adventurebilt Hat Co.
Marc Kitter
Zum Heidort 25
27367 Reeßum
Germany

Regards,

Marc

since you guys are talking about the belt. im just curious is there any proof there is also a leather keeper on the gunbelt? if so where would you place it?